Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: OT: STTFers at PCA

Bball904,

The river chop was worth ~$170k actually. FJ's equity preflop (and after the hand obviously) was ~$414k, and if he had lost he'd have received $247k.

The river A against Mizrachi was worth ~$230k. This is also assuming FJ is just average against this field, which he's not obviously.

I suggest you realize that threads like this are supposed to be positive, try to keep it that way. If you don't want to, go find threads where someone posts that they doubled their bankroll with a $300 MTT score and say "$300?! hahaha."
Old 01-12-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bball904,

The river chop was worth ~$170k actually. FJ's equity preflop (and after the hand obviously) was ~$414k, and if he had lost he'd have received $247k.

The river A against Mizrachi was worth ~$230k. This is also assuming FJ is just average against this field, which he's not obviously.

I suggest you realize that threads like this are supposed to be positive, try to keep it that way. If you don't want to, go find threads where someone posts that they doubled their bankroll with a $300 MTT score and say "$300?! hahaha."

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you suggest that?
Old 01-13-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously wasn't suggesting this, I was merely using an example that is very similar and would never happen for a reason. The reason hate is never posted in one of those threads is because everyone is happy for the person because they can relate to the first time they had a big score. Because this person cannot relate to winning $317k, he has chosen to hate on him rather than be happy for him.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously wasn't suggesting this, I was merely using an example that is very similar and would never happen for a reason. The reason hate is never posted in one of those threads is because everyone is happy for the person because they can relate to the first time they had a big score. Because this person cannot relate to winning $317k, he has chosen to hate on him rather than be happy for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did suggest it. It's just that the reason you suggested it wasn't that you expected him to do it. It seems to me that you suggested it because you thought it was a funny way to tell him to go to hell. I'm pretty sure I know why you thought it was funny, so I'm not going to bother asking you. [/my being an Ahole]

I will just add, on a not totally unrelated subject, that I agree that it is lame that whenever someone has some huge success, they are bombarded with people trying to find flaws and say they were lucky.

FJ, sorry to go off hijacking in your thread. You da man. I'm proud to be posting on the same board as you and in fact I've already bragged to people IRL about *a guy who posts on the same board as me* making a huge score. Congrats!