Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 09:17 PM

Default Re: name 3 posters you really enjoy

[ QUOTE ]
3 gimmicks you really enjoy (not counting commodus)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Idi the Nigerian
Raptor Christ
HIV
Old 12-07-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3 gimmicks you really enjoy (not counting commodus)?

[/ QUOTE ]

threadcat
idi
Iceman

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my all-time favorite posts was a "best song lyrics" thread in OOT, where everyone is posting these deep and meaningful lyrics, and Iceman drops by to post the lyrics from "Danger Zone".
Old 12-07-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nath,

You and tug have mentioned this before (specifically wrt Daver). Does that really happen that much at all?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it happens "much", but it's definitely noticable, especially w/r/t DaveR, who seems like he's a pretty cool guy and would be an interesting poster-- except that he only responds to a very small group of posters, no matter what other people have to say or if they're a big part of a discussion he's active in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably standard internet forum culture anyway, but I think part of it has to do with the nature of this forum. Most of it is poker strategy, where it really pays to listen to a select few people and potentially ignore everybody else. Perhaps that mentality extends into OOT. Even in OOT, there are people I pay a lot more attention to than elsewhere, just because they're actually interesting, and I already waste too much time here as it is to troll through everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gump - good analysis (and you are one of the posters I pay attention to, partially cause we seem to disagree sometimes and you strike me as a smart dude). There's always going to be some kind of stratification in any group.

Personally, what's lame to me, is seeing the transparent desire of some posters to be one of the "elite" or "cool kids", or to announce to the rest of the board "hey look at me! I am one of the elite cool kids". I find that type of behavior very gay. So it's less that it's exclusionary behavior (I am OK with being excluded from internet message board discussion with people I've never met IRL), more that, well, no one likes an attention whore or sycophant.

-Al
Old 12-07-2006, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nath,

You and tug have mentioned this before (specifically wrt Daver). Does that really happen that much at all?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it happens "much", but it's definitely noticable, especially w/r/t DaveR, who seems like he's a pretty cool guy and would be an interesting poster-- except that he only responds to a very small group of posters, no matter what other people have to say or if they're a big part of a discussion he's active in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably standard internet forum culture anyway, but I think part of it has to do with the nature of this forum. Most of it is poker strategy, where it really pays to listen to a select few people and potentially ignore everybody else. Perhaps that mentality extends into OOT. Even in OOT, there are people I pay a lot more attention to than elsewhere, just because they're actually interesting, and I already waste too much time here as it is to troll
through everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I read everything, and obviously I have my favorite posters, but I also discover new ones I like this way, and if I'm engaged in a discussion I'll respond to anyone who's taking part, regardless of who they are. I don't think these people do that-- they're not interested in the general social scene or the topics of discussion, just in using OOT to converse with four or five other people they know.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Al

[/ QUOTE ]
BRING BACK STEVE DALLAS
Old 12-07-2006, 09:21 PM

I can guarantee 100% that my name doesn't appear in the previous 14 pages(no i didn't read them...)
Old 12-07-2006, 09:22 PM

Nath - after I finish Season 4 of The Wire.

-Al
Old 12-07-2006, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Al

[/ QUOTE ]
BRING BACK STEVE DALLAS

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding, this change is a tragedy.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:25 PM

I dont really like any of you, becasue this is the internet and, well, its hard to get a good sense of who just posts discriminatly to make themselves look good. Like, in my book, I just post whatever comes to my head, like ElD mentioned, and I couldnt care less about what people think, people who do this irl/online are guys I usually respect. There are guys though, that I respect the opinions of, El Diablo for business, Tuq for being someone I could party with irl, and having the same humor i do, and stuey for just seeming like a nice all around dude. Most of you guys are complete self-absorbed, know-it-alls though.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont really like any of you . . . Most of you guys are complete self-absorbed, know-it-alls though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why continue posting in OOT then?