Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 01:00 AM

Default Re: The official Borat Movie Thread

I saw it today. It was funny, but not as funny as some of his HBO skits, for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJsukOL-0Os
Old 11-11-2006, 01:21 AM

This movie was absolutely amazing.

One of the top 5 movies I have ever seen.

I cannot remember the last time I laughed this hard.

Too many amazing scenes to even try to recap. I knew it was going to be gold when it started with the running of the jew.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, this is one of hte worst movies I've ever seen. None of the jokes were funny (except for the aforementioned wizard's sleeve, maybe the iPod one) and the entire movie just seemed so contrived. Absolutely terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

go away.

best scene that I'm surprised no one has mentioned was the antique store. physical comedy at it's finest.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:35 AM

I'm goin again tuesday for the 3rd time.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:06 AM

according to wikipedia, those frat boys sued cohen, and the girl who interviewed borat for that live TV show got fired sued him as well.

i think it's dumb how the tv execs couldn't realize how much potential future ratings they would have gotten after the movie came out.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:58 AM

For those who think Pam wasn't in on it, google is your friend here.

"There's no way Sacha and a camera operator could have gotten past her bodyguards in real life and then manhandled her," says the source. "It was filmed by pros so it looks completely realistic, as if Pamela had no clue. There is improvisation, but nobody was in the dark."

When MTV News questioned Anderson about her participation, she demurred, "I can't really say. I'm sworn to secrecy." She added, "I love Sacha, he's such a nice guy."

The movie totally had it's moments, maybe 15 minutes worth of really good stuff through the whole thing.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:44 AM

15 minutes, guess you need to go again.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"There's no way Sacha and a camera operator could have gotten past her bodyguards in real life and then manhandled her," says the source. "It was filmed by pros so it looks completely realistic, as if Pamela had no clue. There is improvisation, but nobody was in the dark."

When MTV News questioned Anderson about her participation, she demurred, "I can't really say. I'm sworn to secrecy." She added, "I love Sacha, he's such a nice guy."

The movie totally had it's moments, maybe 15 minutes worth of really good stuff through the whole thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... this is breaking news!!
Old 11-11-2006, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SCIENCE H. LOGIC WHO GIVES A FLYING [censored] STFU ALREADY.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:44 PM

I watched it opening night. Had to drive 90 miles to Champaign to find a theater. I got there at 7:15 and was barely able to get tickets to the 9:30 show. Theater was packed with college kids. It was without a doubt the greatest experience I've ever had in a theater. I've never laughed so hard for so long. #1 comedy in my book.

Saw it again last night in a non-college town theater. It was less than half full and most of the people there were not laughing and didn't even seem to understand what they were watching. The crowd was either too old or too dumb to get it.

Totally changed the vibe of the movie. There was a kind of electricity in the college theater that made everything funnier. Hick town theater made it feel odd to be laughing and left me wondering if I was strange for thinking it was a great movie.

Just made me wonder if the audience demographic influenced anyone else's perception of the film.