Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's your move?
Shove it 25 89.29%
Call 2 7.14%
Fold 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2006, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Official statement from PokerStars

[ QUOTE ]
I hope MicroBob edited his post after you hit reply or something. Otherwise you need to read the entire thing and turn your sarcasm detector up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, notice I was asking "is this part a joke too..."

Microbob is sometimes in the know on things.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:29 PM

But just read the quote that he was responding to for the first time. The whole thing is actually pretty funny. Forgive the broken sarcasm detector.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:30 PM

I believe Stars will stick it out, but just to play it safe I am hedging my bets and withdrew a good portion of my roll. I left enough to play my level (and clear my depo bonus). I will probably depo on UB and hit their bonus anyway since they are sticking it out, but I will always maintain Stars as my primary site as long as they want my business.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Half the people in this thread have some kind of inside source, and these sources are now in conflict.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can have any of these other people contact me, I'd appreciate it.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
An interesting question is what's going to happen with FPPs (apologies if this has already been discussed). Will they become worthless for U.S. players the moment Stars makes their announcment or will they still honor them for use at the store? I bet they're not obligated to do the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will be able to change your address and have stuff sent to the addresses at the bottom left of this page

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]
I will gladly pass on my DVD/surround sound in order to send 145 stress dice to Mr. Frist as long as a number of others do the same.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:37 PM

i just spent 70k fpps, but i'm not done playing there, i'll commit the rest of the fpp's i earn to sending stress dice.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The rooms that are staying have come out and said so, stars is dancing around the topic. This doesnt look good and i think the gambling911 site is right on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars has more at stake than the other sites. A lot of the other sites are small enough that if they don't take US business, they're screwed.

Take Absolute. They have 1500 players on now. Estimate the US business as 2/3. If they lose that, they have 500. That's like half of what Foxwoods has on a Saturday night.

Point being, a lot of these sites, probably including Full Tilt would be on life support so their choice is between taking US players and having a chance to be one of the biggest in the market and struggling to survive. With a lot of money at stake, it's a pretty easy choice.

Stars can survive without the US. Their choice is between being an extreme favorite to become the biggest room by far in a hurry and being a second tier site. Second tier doesn't sound great but it sounds a hell of a lot better than the business equivalent of living off ramen noodles and spam.

I'm guessing their IT department is busily working on how to ramp up for a doubling of their player base over the next three weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute has over 11,000 players on now. Not 1500. They have a little over 1500 TABLES running.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokersitescout is your friend. Right now there are approx 1300 players on AP right now
Old 10-03-2006, 11:44 PM

If they're still talking it over with their lawyers, that's not a good sign either. What lawyer is going to make as their final recommendation to their client, "keep doing what is considered illegal by the U.S. Government". More likely, they're going over details of how to extricate themselves.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:48 PM

Default Re: PokerStars expected to pull out as well

[ QUOTE ]
As an adendum to my comment, I'm getting a sense of perverse glee watching a revolution unfold before my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm sayin. As a matter of fact the more I think of Party and Stars jumpin ship so quick the more more upset I get. Seems they figure they can manage without us loyal US customers. Of course it doesn't appear they were too concerned about legislation either being so this is inexplicable that it even came to this in the first place...

I say....

Let's give a shout out to Neteller and all the soon to be growing sites ready to serve BOTH US and Non US customers!

REVOLUTION!!!!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they're still talking it over with their lawyers, that's not a good sign either. What lawyer is going to make as their final recommendation to their client, "keep doing what is considered illegal by the U.S. Government". More likely, they're going over details of how to extricate themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

That, or they're discussing how best to shield themselves because they've decided to stay in the U.S. market. You're just speculating on too little information, same as everyone else.