N. Coffee 25 58.14%
Espresso etc 3 6.98%
Girly Coffee 6 13.95%
Herbal Tea 2 4.65%
Tea (milk..) 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

I thought some of it must be due to injury.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:10 PM

ughhh

so the Bears without Brown and with a gimpy Urlacher
face the Giants without Strahan

does anyone else feel slightly let down by this?

Oh well, hopefully get to see both teams back full go at each other in the playoffs.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:05 AM

I think injuries to one guy can make a big difference against the run. I used to think one guy on defense isn't that big of a deal, but it can be, especially if your team makes situation substitutions.

Consider the Chargers, with DE Igor out, Larry Johnson (130 yrds) and Steven Jackson (85 yrds). With him in there, you get Jamal Lewis 30 yards, Drones 30 yards, Gore 50 yards. The problem is, his backup, "JC", is the guy they normally only use for pass rush on 3rd downs, now he's a starter.

On a scale of 1-10, Igor is a 10 in run stop and a 3 in pass rush (10, 3). JC is a (2,8). Its not like you have a guy that's (7,6) replaced by say (5,5). Both are total 13's being replaced by 10's, but you really suffer on running downs with the first situation.

They just run right at the weak spot, wear the dude down. Fans might think, pass rush guy plays the run fine on those rare occasion they do run on 3rd down. But this is an illusion, when they pound on the undersized guy all game, game plan for him, by second half, its all over.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:27 AM

Bears looking pretty good in this second half. First half, not so much. It's like halfway through the game they remembered they were playing football.

Grossman looking pretty good in the second half, but I can't figure this kid out yet. Some weeks he's the second coming of Marino, others, Moreno.

Oh well.

Go Bears!!!!!

(this thread was buried. For shame.)
Old 11-13-2006, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Grossman looking pretty good in the second half, but I can't figure this kid out yet. Some weeks he's the second coming of Marino, others, Moreno.

[/ QUOTE ]Brett Favre was/is the exact same way, and I can't think of a better comparison than Favre.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:38 AM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

local radio hosts are all blasting coughlin's decision to kick the 52-yarder.

not that this kind of thing ever surprises me anymore, but doesn't anyone in the world realize that bad result != bad decision? i can understand ripping the 49ers for kicking last year's missed FG after they saw what the wind did to gould's attempt earlier in the game. this one was just some badly timed variance, along with a poor effort from the giants special teams.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
local radio hosts are all blasting coughlin's decision to kick the 52-yarder.

not that this kind of thing ever surprises me anymore, but doesn't anyone in the world realize that bad result != bad decision? i can understand ripping the 49ers for kicking last year's missed FG after they saw what the wind did to gould's attempt earlier in the game. this one was just some badly timed variance, along with a poor effort from the giants special teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most people thought this was a bad decision before the kick too. The winds were swirling in the stadium (Maynard had a punt that floated in the wind) and you had to know Chicago was gonna have someone in front of the goal posts just in case.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:57 AM

This was a bad call with the wind. It was on the edge of his range, and if they knew they were going to go for a field goal they should have ran something that had a chance of picking up some yards to make it an easier attempt
Old 11-13-2006, 06:18 AM

That Mark Bradley TD really reminded me of the Steve Smith TD in the playoffs last year where the Bear CB fell down... I liked this one better though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2006, 09:10 AM

So what the hell changed from the first half to the second?

I don't get it. The Bears offense couldn't get anything done til TJ's 26 yrd scamper right near the half. Then all the sudden Grossman decides to stop throwing bad passes into double coverage off his back foot falling backwards. He looked like two different players. Very weird.

I really don't get this Bears team this year...it's like they have a switch that gets flipped or something to take them to or from mediocrity. I swear it feels like any team in the league can blow them out...but it doesn't seem to happen. (minus a game against a team which shall remain nameless) Kinda nerve-racking watching these guys sometimes.