Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Serious Subject Integrity

So it is just me or did Flight_Risk just come over to troll these threads because he doesn't understand why the large majority of us trust each other and would make four- and five-figure transactions of money based on our word alone?

p.s. the actual issue at hand is pretty weak sauce on grim's part and his statement does not reflect well on him, just another kid who made too much money before he formed a sense of ethics
Old 09-17-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So it is just me or did Flight_Risk just come over to troll these threads because he doesn't understand why the large majority of us trust each other and would make four- and five-figure transactions of money based on our word alone?

p.s. the actual issue at hand is pretty weak sauce on grim's part and his statement does not reflect well on him, just another kid who made too much money before he formed a sense of ethics

[/ QUOTE ]

Nath, I'm an oldhead. I know and understand exactly why you all trust each other and make four- and five-figure transactions with each other based off word alone. Do I care? No. Moral of the story: Play poker, don't play craps. The best thing that Grim can do is what he's already doing: He doesn't lend or borrow money from people online/internet and he doesn't trust any of you. I wouldn't either. This isn't the end of his world, just because a bunch of high and mighty HSNL 2+2ers wanna forecast it like The Weather Channel. He'll be alright.

Flight_Risk
Old 09-17-2006, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm an oldhead. I know and understand exactly why you all trust each other and make four- and five-figure transactions with each other based off word alone. Do I care? No. Moral of the story: Play poker, don't play craps.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are an "oldhead" then surely you've heard the saying "A gambler is only as good as his word."
[ QUOTE ]
The best thing that Grim can do is what he's already doing: He doesn't lend or borrow money from people online/internet and he doesn't trust any of you. I wouldn't either.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good for you and good for him; I rarely borrow money myself but it's nice to know my word and reputation are enough to get it for me. I didn't scorch the earth to ensure that I COULDN'T do so in the future.

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't the end of his world, just because a bunch of high and mighty HSNL 2+2ers wanna forecast it like The Weather Channel. He'll be alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmm ad hominem. I really don't think you get it.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are an "oldhead" then surely you've heard the saying "A gambler is only as good as his word."

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I've heard the term. It would really carry some weight with me if I was a gambler. Going all-in blind is just plain stupid to me, word or no word.

[ QUOTE ]
Good for you and good for him; I rarely borrow money myself but it's nice to know my word and reputation are enough to get it for me. I didn't scorch the earth to ensure that I COULDN'T do so in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, do you want a cookie or something? You say this as if the posters in this forum are the last people on earth and Grim has just suffered 3rd degree burns on 95% of his body.

[ QUOTE ]
Mmmmm ad hominem. I really don't think you get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truthfully, I get it more than you think. He doesn't need any of you, PERIOD! His world doesn't start or end with anybody on this website just because you can no longer take his WORD for it.

Flight_Risk
Old 09-17-2006, 01:46 AM

I don't get why you're here.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:47 AM

flight-

plz stop trolling in these threads.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
flight-

plz stop trolling in these threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's my PM response from that earlier concern, or are you choosing to ignore it?

Flight_Risk
Old 09-17-2006, 03:37 AM

As far as I can gather, Flight is saying that it doesn't matter if Grim behaved unethically because he can go find a new circle of poker players after he burns this bridge, and that revlis got what he deserved anyway and we will all get what we deserve because we are poker players and gamblers and he is not.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL at people saying this is worse than what ZeeJustin did.

Not defending Grim at all, but seriously, [censored] LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is far far worse than what ZJ did, however once grim was caught for doing it he said "i did it fk u" whereas ZJ made up a bunch of dumb responses/excuses, and it was a much wider known issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure i agree. grim could have been drunk and on life tilt (which it seems from his recent posts, he might be). that is no excuse, but what ZJ did was cold, very calculated and thought out, and done with the intention of cheating.

not saying its right at all, but thats diff. than grim saying he'd do a bet, then deciding, [censored], im dumb, i dont want to waste 5 more k on a bet im a huge dog on.

very wrong imo, but i think what ZJ did was much worse.

interested in others thoughts on this, i could be off.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think what Grim did was worse. i believe that ZJ was simply an idiot who thought "i can play in this tourney x times. lots of guys do it. i'll do it too." (for all of you spazzes, i am not saying that this is OK and acceptable, so quit foaming at the mouth) without thinking of the greater problems that could arise (i.e. being at the same table as himself). what ZJ did was wrong and stupid. but mostly stupid. Grim, on the other hand, knew damn well he wasn't going to call unless he had a good hand, and has said as much.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:46 AM

Flightrisk what the [censored] is your story?
Closed Thread