FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

Drunkenboxer is playing right now. The other bots accounts are not. I assume the gig is up and the owner knows of this thread and will lay off for awhile.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drunkenboxer is playing right now. The other bots accounts are not. I assume the gig is up and the owner knows of this thread and will lay off for awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh jesus, time for crazy 2+2 railbird action. go go go go (and waiting list 30 deep for exploiting)

edit: unless the botter knows we know and starts shoving over cbet raises!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you noticed anyone chatting to him about this?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:42 PM

I was thinking that it must be hard to stop a bot in the first place, right? Especially if the owner is using a mix of bot control THEN he takes over. How can FT know the difference than a guy using an AKH script over and over and over but then everynow and then using his own clicks? I bet it looks the exact same to them and the fact that the owner will sometimes play the bot will make him clean.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why this guy would want to use multiple bots rather than just using one and having him multitable, unless the program somehow doesn't work for more than one table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised nobody catched on this yet.
He does it for the Rakeback. Breaking even is enough.

You do the math...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you multi table you don't get rakeback? Your post makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
He does multi table. Let me spell it out for you, since you are so quick and sharp. If all your botting activity was on one account, and that bot got busted -- good-bye rakeback, good-bye cash in the account. But if you have three (3) bots, each one multi-tabling, then if one (1) of the bots gets busted you only lose 1/3 of your rakeback and cash. Sounds almost simple, doesn't it? Surprised you couldn't figure that out.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you noticed anyone chatting to him about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I opened up one of his tables but no.

[ QUOTE ]

YES!

Stars should allow datamining. It's the way for the player to independently check out the games.

I wonder how much we might find at stars with mining

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I am against datamining. If you want to gather information on me, do it while you play against me. There's a tinge of irony in getting heated over people using bots (essentially using technology to gain an advantage over unwitting opponents) and arguing for datamining, which can be construed similarly. This is far different than someone tracking me with PT while we play. However, if datamining is alright with a given site's T&C, then I accept it as the norm and certainly do not begrudge anyone doing it.

To your second point the players should not be the ones policing the game. We pay these sites rake with the expectation that they will run the games fairly and allocate resources in order to legitimate their claims. People should call out the sites for not doing their jobs when they don't (like here), but we don't need a network of vigilantes.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:46 PM

I'm watching 0_drunkenboxer on a few tables and said Hi and he responded....... the saga continues
Old 05-09-2007, 03:48 PM

Full Tilt needs to explain not just what they are going to do about these specific bots, but what they're going to do about preventing and detecting bots in the future. These specific accounts are probably going to be closed and banned, hopefully with their money withheld, but probably not.

But if they don't have a plan for stopping bots in the future then closing a few accounts has no real effect. These bots would have never been caught if the user wasn't so greedy and moronic to use multiple accounts playing identically at the same time.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:49 PM

Default joes the bot