Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Does he have a prayer?
[carebears] yes! 14 73.68%
Awww [carebears] no! 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Ask a black dude(urban america edition)

On another note do blackys like Eminem?
Old 06-22-2007, 02:46 PM

from this thread i've come to the conclusion that 75s is a moran (not all black ppl though so not racist is wear)
Old 06-22-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if a white person looks scared around u u assume its because hes white and ure black...

U sound like such a dick in this whole thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a dick. I'd actually never rob someone.
Why else would they cross the street or move to the side when I pass? Explain. Also, link me to a history of Jews in America.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy talib especially blackstar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome. Just started listening to Mos Def and Talib Kweli a week or two ago, enjoy it a lot more then other rappers in the game like Lil Wayne, TI, etc.

You listening to the new Talib Kweli album that leaked last week?
Old 06-22-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the hood, the people 'jacking' anyone in the hood is doing so because they are drug addicts or are poor. I'm black and been robbed by blacks before. It doesn't matter about your race. People in 'the hood' are poor and need money. BTW I hate Oprah!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of poor people that jack nobody. I don't buy the "being poor means I must steal" argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt my post was a bit lazy, but you can't seriously believe that none of the people that steal do so simply because they need money? I personally have family members and friends that aren't drug addicts and steal for this primary reason. Sure, they don't HAVE to steal. They could get jobs, learn a trade, blah blah blah, but some don't. Obviously this attitude stems from a lot of other things too, but I don't feel like writing a book.

And obv some steal just out of plain envy or spite. This would mostly be gang members. Some do it from peer pressure. Some do it just for the hell of it. Some are simply crazy. There's plenty of reasons. But being without money and hungry is definately one of those reasons. Just because not all poor people steal doesn't mean that no poor people steal.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So if a white person looks scared around u u assume its because hes white and ure black...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why else would they cross the street or move to the side when I pass?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge problem with some of the ghetto-mentality people I've known or bumped into. They assume you're in their world and think their way. Most guys who aren't douchebags just exhibit simple courtesy unless it seems inappropriate. Times when it seems very appropriate are when some guy is scowling at them or looking like he's going to make a big deal out of something like just walking on the sidewalk. No matter how racist you are or aren't, it's retarded to get in a confrontation over some douchebag who tries to lord it over the sidewalk or make every breath you take somehow about race.

It's easier and smarter to let dumb punks think they're the sh*t than argue with them. Those guys don't deserve your time. Even if they're black!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the hood, the people 'jacking' anyone in the hood is doing so because they are drug addicts or are poor. I'm black and been robbed by blacks before. It doesn't matter about your race. People in 'the hood' are poor and need money. BTW I hate Oprah!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of poor people that jack nobody. I don't buy the "being poor means I must steal" argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt my post was a bit lazy, but you can't seriously believe that none of the people that steal do so simply because they need money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I never said that.

I also believe, though, that there's a big amount of latitude in what one calls "need," though. I've spent a lot of time poor, and sometimes hungry too, and when I was hungry, I didn't rob anybody. When I've felt scared and completely without hope, I hurt no one. Then again, I've had middle class friends steal at the drop of a hat, and with really lame excuses.

I think a big potentially racist danger in the "people steal because they're poor" argument is that it's can be so quickly and easily switched over into the "people steal because they're black" one. That's the kind of excuse that's a huge unnecessary slam on poor people while trying to make them look better, so it's actually really perverse and damaging. Same thing when it makes black people look bad. "I steal because ... because ... you don't know how it feels ... whatever..." Plenty of black people don't steal, even poor ones.

It's kind of messed up that by making excuses for doing the wrong thing by saying it's because you're a part of a group, you really screw over your own group so bad. Super selfish and short-sighted, I think. What happens when people agree that that logic make sense? "Well, OF COURSE poor people are thieves!" Well OF COURSE black people steal!" You're just creating prejudice yourself that is going to come right back around at you again.

[ QUOTE ]
I personally have family members and friends that aren't drug addicts and steal for this primary reason. Sure, they don't HAVE to steal. They could get jobs, learn a trade, blah blah blah, but some don't. Obviously this attitude stems from a lot of other things too, but I don't feel like writing a book.

And obv some steal just out of plain envy or spite. This would mostly be gang members. Some do it from peer pressure. Some do it just for the hell of it. Some are simply crazy. There's plenty of reasons. But being without money and hungry is definately one of those reasons. Just because not all poor people steal doesn't mean that no poor people steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't say it did. All kinds of people steal. I don't really feel too good about rich people stealing either.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why else would they cross the street or move to the side when I pass? Explain. Also, link me to a history of Jews in America.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just the opposite. 75s is taking the time to respond to a bunch of white guys who sometimes sound like dicks. I am very impressed with what I take as honesty. As a white Jew I am saddened by the prejudice against Jews - but then thats life. Culturally, Jews and Blacks have a lot in common. Jews were enslaved by Egyptians (thousands of years ago). Most societies that Jews have lived in have ultimately turned on the Jews and blamed them for their ills in spite of Jews ability to assimilate. What is different is that Jews place an incredible premium on education and becoming a professional. This is why so many become lawyers, doctors, etc. I believe that the reason this is not so in the Black community dates back to slavery in America - when slaves were often killed for learning to read. It may also be related to the way that Africans taught their children prior to slavery (not via book learning but through song and stories - though I am no expert on this subject). 75s if you are serious about looking up Jewish history, look at how Jews volunteered during the 60's to help Blacks register to vote in the south, often at their own peril.

For the record, my mother lived with a black man for 17 years. He was an ex-Navy Middleweight boxer, one of the strongest and most handsome men I've known. And his major complaint about whites was that they would cross the street before crossing his path. It made him feel awful. That and not being able to get a NYC Taxi cab to stop for him (especially cruel because he was a chauffeur).

In today's NYC when I talk with black or inter-racial parents about their concerns for their black children, especially boys, their primary concerns are their kids being stopped by the police and that their kids have to be best at what they are doing or they will not be accepted/employed (in spite of AA). I would be interested to hear about your opinions on this, 75s.

Points that I disagree with in this thread:
1) Affirmative Action is not about giving preference when all else is equal. It is about giving preferential treatment to somebody who would not otherwise have qualified. And for the record I am in favor of AA.
2) The anger at OJ from the white communitity, IMO, was that OJ got off because he could afford the very best lawyers - not because of the evidence. The racial aspect would have been a feeling of betrayal by some whites who probably thought of themselves as enlightened for welcoming OJ into the white community.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:19 AM

Rick go suck black dik in private.

Every race has had its hardships and similarities tru the years. Whats relevant is now.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:21 AM

Btw im very conscious of blacks thinking im going to be scared of them when i walk down the street amd recognise it isnt just ure opinion 75s.