S. Alexander(if he plays) @ KC 3 17.65%
T. Henry Vs. Hou 8 47.06%
M. Jones-Drew @ Phi 0 0%
F. Taylor @ Phi 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

[ QUOTE ]
I totally understand the Heilman frustrations, but I don't know you if you can say he "choked under the pressure" on this one. Are the Mets even feeling pressure? I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pressure of shoving it in the Phillies faces? Also, the personal pressure Heilman is feeling. There is always pressure on the pitcher, defense in extra innings, etc. Heilman is one of those guys who handle the 8th innign fine generally but I guarantee you he couldnt close. Would walk the leadoff batter and then move him around on his own god damn errors.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:16 PM

I wouldn't want to see Heilman close either, but really what do you want from this guy? He isn't a closer, he isn't lights out. I don't know why most Mets fans think he is or ever could be.

*** Damn I sound like a big Heilman defender. For the record it scares me as much as all of you when he comes in in these supposed big spots. I cringe when he walks the leadoff batter too. I just don't think he deserves the blame for this game. ***
Old 09-14-2007, 10:18 PM

You all can blame Heilman all you want. I'm drunk and don'g give a [censored]. I'm blaming Beltran for this loss. He sucks. He is anti-cluthc and strikes out with the bases loaded and 2 outs way too much. :-P
Old 09-15-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You all can blame Heilman all you want. I'm drunk and don'g give a [censored]. I'm blaming Beltran for this loss. He sucks. He is anti-cluthc and strikes out with the bases loaded and 2 outs way too much. :-P

[/ QUOTE ]

Beltran is 2-9 with 5 rbi with the bases loaded this year and .192 with risp and two outs
i guess it is tough to argue

Wright is batting .311 with 65 rbi in 135 abs with risp but .213 with risp and two outs
Old 09-15-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't want to see Heilman close either, but really what do you want from this guy? He isn't a closer, he isn't lights out. I don't know why most Mets fans think he is or ever could be.

*** Damn I sound like a big Heilman defender. For the record it scares me as much as all of you when he comes in in these supposed big spots. I cringe when he walks the leadoff batter too. I just don't think he deserves the blame for this game. ***

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not asking him to be lights out, I'm asking him to be just as effective in tie games in the 10th inning, as he is in the 8th inning with a 3 run lead. I am asking him when he actually gets the hitters to make outs, to not throw the [censored] ball into centerfield...
Old 09-15-2007, 01:55 PM

Mets go 0-3 with the bases loaded (luckily Milledge knows how to get hit by pitches). Nice. It's all Heilman's fault obviously. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 02:01 PM

i cant beleive we still dont have a grand slam this year...
Old 09-15-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant beleive we still dont have a grand slam this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mets are the worst team in the NL with getting runs home when the bases are loaded (despite batting .293 in that situation). They are also the 4th worst team in the NL in batting with runners in scoring position and 2 outs.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mets go 0-3 with the bases loaded (luckily Milledge knows how to get hit by pitches). Nice. It's all Heilman's fault obviously. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not ALL his fault, but he is AT FAULT. The Mets suck vs horrible pitchers and DiFelice not catching the pop up do not excuse Heilman for choking again, no more then Heilman's woes excuse the offe,se DeFelice, LoDuca, or whoever else you want to blame..
Old 09-15-2007, 02:12 PM

Obviously, I'm just joking around today. Last night I was just trying to make the point that the offense deserves at least as much blame for losing that game.