W. Dunn @ Cin 6 35.29%
S. Alexander(if he plays) @ KC 3 17.65%
T. Henry Vs. Hou 8 47.06%
M. Jones-Drew @ Phi 0 0%
F. Taylor @ Phi 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

I don't want to hear any more about how Heilman has been more than adequate. He sucks. Period. He's gutless. Get rid of him.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:48 PM

HEILMAN YOU SUCK

HEILMAN YOU SUCK

HEILMAN YOU SUCK

I HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU
Old 09-14-2007, 09:50 PM

Good job there by Lo Duca by the way getting tossed in the 10th inning of a tie game. Another piece of [censored] idiot.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good job there by Lo Duca by the way getting tossed in the 10th inning of a tie game. Another piece of [censored] idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a great addition to this team, but he's really starting to burn my ass. Almost certainly not getting as much 18 year-old tail as he's used to. But then again, bitching about balls and strikes seems to be an epidemic these days.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 PM

Can't really blame this on Heilman. He's any easy scapegoat, but they Mets lost this game because once again they can't hit the horrible set of pitchers the Phillies have. It's unbelievable how the Phillies pitchers look like complete and utter [censored] unless they are playing the Mets.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:02 PM

Well, great job by Lo Duca getting tossed. Now let's sit him down and make him watch videos of DiFelice's error (which I actually thought was kind of a tough scoring)

Now, does anyone have a count of the # of time Heilman has been brought into a situation where he is needed to make clutch outs, and makes a throwing error? God, this has happened so many times this yr. That play to 2nd should have been made, he played it too slow and then threw wildly. Wilts, just wilts under pressure. I just know this guy will be the end of us in October (again)
Old 09-14-2007, 10:04 PM

The only thing I find sickening about this game is the fact that the Mets offense could only manage 2 measly runs against Jamie Moyer and the rest of the [censored] that Manuel trotted out there.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't really blame this on Heilman. He's any easy scapegoat, but they Mets lost this game because once again they can't hit the horrible set of pitchers the Phillies have. It's unbelievable how the Phillies pitchers look like complete and utter [censored] unless they are playing the Mets.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said after the end of game 7, the Mets failure to hitty peice of garbage pitchers is not an excuse for Heilman to wilt under pressure. If the score was tied 8-8, would we THEN be allowed to blame it on Heilman? The loss is both the offense, Lo Duca, AND Heilman's fault. Heilman is the most disturbing aspect because we see him choke in the clutch spot (either throwing errors or homeruns to horrifc hitting catchers) time and time and time again. We have also seen the Mets fail to hit [censored] lefties time and time and time again, fortunately in the playoff they only use good pitchers, lol.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:10 PM

I totally understand the Heilman frustrations, but I don't know you if you can say he "choked under the pressure" on this one. Are the Mets even feeling pressure? I doubt it.

It's fine to say the loss is both the offenses fault and Heilmans. But really though...The Mets managed 5 [censored] hits in 10 innings against the Phillies. That's really bad. I'd say the majority of the blame for this loss belongs on the offense not Heilman.

It's funny how no one is mentioning *arguably* our best player striking out with the bases loaded and two outs on a breaking ball again. How many times have we seen him do that "under pressure"?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

STOP. He let the lead off man get on, threw a bunt into CF and then, when he needed a K or a dribbler, he gave up a very well hit fly ball that probably would have been out at Citizens. Terrible.