Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your ptbb/100?
<3 6 12.77%
3-4 10 21.28%
4-5 7 14.89%
5-6 9 19.15%
7-9 13 27.66%
>10 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: *** Official October Chat Thread: The Purple Goose ***

[ QUOTE ]
FRNL is like a drug that I can't quit. I took a short break for most of Oct to play some sng's but FR is the real deal IMO.

I watched CMAR's 10NL video and found it very helpful. I have been jumping around trying to find my place in the game of poker and I think FRNL is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back, Check! BTW, a couple of other players (Bottomset and Skydancing) also recorded nice micro vids while you were away.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
prodigy,

care to give a little background on your poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Main gave a good summary. Of course he could've changed a line or so :P TY though main. I offered to do a well but no one showed interest so I guess imma wait till I'm at balla status. My link is in my profile for my blog, I just wrote what I consider to be a pretty good blog post(although somewhat contradicting to itself):

[ QUOTE ]
Ok,

First, I am completely pissed. I just cannot go through a good month. I have to lose 4k a couple different times each month. I have to have huge downswings. Every single [censored] month. I just want ONE to go up, throughout the month, without huge downswing.

Anyways, an outlook on poker and life: [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I find myself worrying about all these results and looking up things/etc to view each month and see how each month goes etc etc. I realize now after looking at my yearly results how idiotic that approach is. I obviously like having good "months" and I really enjoy that, but poker is so long term that I shouldn't be caring. I mean I started this year with $300 playing 25nl, and now I can go out and buy a Corvette. I don't know many 19 years old that can say that about their "hobby." The thing is, I still am not satisfied. I think this is what may take me to the top one day(This is not meant to be cocky, but a good outlook). I am simply not satisfied with $10k in a month. Why, you may ask. Why would a 19 year old really want to make more than that? Why? Because I know other people have done it. I've seen $30k months via other people's graphs. I've seen a guy make 2.1mill THIS YEAR. I am overly competitive, and I don't think I will be satisfied until I am in the top tier of poker players. If everyone made $5k, then I wouldn't be as upset that I can't put together good months. But since they don't, I am so motivated to beat everyone else.

So, thank you The_Bryce, aba, Ivey, Jmoney and Renton, for the motivation that you give me to continue this quest to hopefully and/or eventually get to the top of this crazy hell of a hobby I call poker.

*Disclaimer: The first part of this post, the second part of this post, and parts of the post within the second part all contradict themselves. I know this and don't care. If you don't like it, get out of my little world cause thats how [censored] goes down 'round here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note: I am not comparing jmoney and renton to aba/ivey/etc, but they are basically visions of short term goals and long term goals.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone want to stake me for the million or buy half my action or pieces of it? Its the $530 tomorrow and I can't really play that (unless I sat. in) although I would like to. I can def. afford half my action though. Just wondering. I could also use a day where I play like 6k hands of cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pm sent!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:58 AM

Okay, dumb PT question. I'm trying to grab the hands from this morning's session from PT. It looks like the hands are taken directly now so there isn't a holding file like there used to be before I converted over to PostgreSQL.

I see that I can export all of the hands I've played today, but I want to verify that this isn't going to literally pull the hands out of my db. It will send just a copy, or I'll have to turn around and then reimport the histories back in PT?

Thanks for clarifying...
LC

P.S. Yes, I'm computer challenged! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean I started this year with $300 playing 25nl, and now I can go out and buy a Corvette. I don't know many 19 years old that can say .

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a Corvette and still play NL25...beat?
Old 10-28-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nation, I assume you are SN on stars, right?

Just curious as to why you play on FTP nowadays

[/ QUOTE ]

AS...u played in the Fall MTTs at Turning Stone right? i heard u were at my table in the first 300 event (probably around 50 left from the money, and u kept stealing, then got caught). sat in seat 1, kinda quiet.

that u?

(i heard i believe from Deeb that it was u...but wasnt sure)

(i asked this like 20pages back...but didnt see an answer)

[/ QUOTE ]
I already replied to you earlier in this thread!

I said probably. If you recognize a young (almost too young looking) short, skinny kid wearing something UF related (probably a UF hat at least) it was probably me.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I exaggerrated.

Dropped 2.4k, See if you can find out why I might've dropped this much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally did it right.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gonna be giving my money away at 1/2 for a while so hope you regs are ready to take it

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL who didn't see that comming?

For the record your money is ALWAYS welcome at 5/10 and 3/6, hope to see you back soon.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:41 PM

He's probably won 80K in the past 3 months you idiot.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:44 PM

Do people introduce themselves in the high stakes forum by saying CTS sucks?
Closed Thread