Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Q

I thought the 1 jman CR video was spectacular, I want more from him.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:27 PM

i watched a few vids last year on CR and didnt think it was really worth my time (basic concepts, nothing really clever being discussed etc) so i cancelled my subscription within a few days. has it improved much in the past few months?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:32 PM

TC's vids are the best imo and it's not even close, though Stinger makes really good ones too. sbrugby vids are the worst of the higher (2/4+) stakes ones I think. he and I just do not think about the game alike at all, and I find his methods super boring and uneducational. I actually don't even think he plays very well in them. I thought this before, but after I was in one of the videos I really didn't like how he played or talked about it. I'm not an sbrugby hater or anything, just find his videos unimpressive. It might just be my poker, or learning style.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:33 PM

You get to see cardrunners members question if tufat wins at poker.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the 1 jman CR video was spectacular, I want more from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%
Old 08-30-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i watched a few vids last year on CR and didnt think it was really worth my time (basic concepts, nothing really clever being discussed etc) so i cancelled my subscription within a few days. has it improved much in the past few months?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I think TC's are the closest to what you are looking for, though I guess you could say none of the videos are hugely groundbreaking. I never really expected them to be though for a pretty advanced player. But I watch them more when I'm tilting/off my game because it helps to watch someone playing well and going through their thought processes to get my mind right and think about poker strategy more. They can help with leaks and I do think they give you concepts that you might not think so much about.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they are hugely +EV to take a break and watch a few good ones when you are playing like [censored], running bad, spewing, or any combination of those.

they can be that small reminder to stop doing stupid stuff.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:45 PM

villian is 61/8....

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $394.00
BB: $508.80
UTG: $325.70
MP: $291.90
Hero (CO): $550.25
BTN: $467.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $4.00, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20.00</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $16.00

Flop: ($46) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $32.00</font>, UTG calls $32.00

Turn: ($110) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($110) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $72.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $498.25</font>, UTG calls all-in for $201.70
Uncalled bet of $224.55 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $657.40 ($3 Rake)

UTG had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Tens) and WON (+$328.70)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Jacks and Tens) and LOST (-$325.70)
Old 08-30-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they are hugely +EV to take a break and watch a few good ones when you are playing like [censored], running bad, spewing, or any combination of those.

they can be that small reminder to stop doing stupid stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.. It's honestly so little money for picking up even something tiny to improve your game.

I don't watch a lot of videos when I'm running/playing well, only the ones by my favorite pro's at higher stakes. But when I'm running/playing poorly they can give me some perspective and help remove some tilt just from watching another good player play w/ commentary.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:00 PM

A couple players I know are real good at limped pots and therefor can open limp a lot more. I know that [censored] wouldn't work for me so I just open any hand I'm gonna play.
Closed Thread