Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

[ QUOTE ]
nath,
were you broke in the sense that you didn't have enough food to eat or water to drink and/or were living on the street? If so, and you still managed to be happy and find lots of self-worth, that's pretty impressive, but most people can't do that, and it's silly to pretend otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Harvard boy chimes in with some much needed common sense!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bakes -

In spite of your ability to play poker, you have serious problems. Those two kids who dance around on your avatar - they hate you too and feel the same way.

Everything I said is true. Discussing who multiaccounts and who doesn't is worthless. Pokerstars doesn't care. Anyone who is making enough money to be richer than 1% of this country by playing poker at their computer ULTIMATELY don't care either. Honestly - I don't care. Kids with computers will find ways to cheat. It's that simple. If you're that obsessed with winning in what is ultimately a computer game, then chances are you or someone else is going to find a way to dominate.

We all kno that to those non-cheaters (as I suspect most members of 2+2 are), if you participate in enough tournaments and make enough +EV decisions and it's not going to matter in the long run.

I said this once and I will say it again - if you all REALLY care, the key is to have a massive boycott against Pokerstars. That means you can't play on their site and participate in all those juicy tournaments. Since they are the only ones that can really do something about this, it's the only way something will get done. But that's not going to happen, and we all know why. Because at the end of the day, if you are making $ and you're good at poker, it's not going to matter.

Barry
Old 10-04-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems to me that the people committing suicide believe there is 100% chance of being unhappy for life instead of like 51% (more likely to remain unhappy, as you said)

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be best to develop a "future net lifetime happiness expectation" If that number is in the positive, suck it up through the hard times. If that number is in the negatives, pull the trigger. If that number is exactly 0, load 3 bullets into the revolver, and shoot once.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:52 PM

Your post is incredibly dumb. How do you know that "it's not going to matter in the long run?"

[ QUOTE ]
Let's get over with it and stop making it like it's some sort of serious newsworthy [censored]. It's not. It's the internets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Multiaccounting is cheating. That's newsworthy to me. We're talking about serious work and money. You might just be the only person on this forum who thinks that poker is a "computer game". If you don't think its worth discussing, then [censored] off. Maybe thats the reason why you've never won a tournament?

BTW still waiting for you to point out my "serious problems".

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Money makes the world go round and more people have killed and died for money than anything else.

Hate to be nitpicky here but there is no possible way that greed is reponsible for more deaths than organized religion...

[/ QUOTE ]
Truth. Sex is a big one too (Trojan War, anyone?)

Anyway, stealth, it would do you all the good in the world to recenter yourself around something other than money. Something that doesn't strip the humanity out of your life and reduce it to mere numbers.

Look, I've been ACTUALLY broke in a way that I bet few if any of the posters in this thread have. For some weird reason, I managed to be happy. Maybe it's because I know how to find joy in the everyday, that it's true that the truly important and fulfilling things in life don't come with a price tag. Because I look for what makes me truly happy, not just something to numb the pain. I tried the spending / baller thing for a while, and I honestly think it sucks. My life now is much less "baller" but I'm a hell of a lot happier in Austin than I was on the circuit, and I'd much rather go for a swim in the springs or go play in the park than go to the Spearmint Rhino.

There is life beyond the insular world of material posessions and constant stimulation we've crafted for ourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, though I think it takes years of discipline and a fairly strong philosophical regimen before you get to the point where walking in the park is sweeter than hitting the strip club. Some people simply don't have the breadth for it, others (on this forum) are too young to understand, and some simply don't want to go through the pain to get to this point. The promises associated with making a lot of money is a remedial tool for those who can't figure out how to be happy without a myriad of intense, short-term pleasures. Unfortunately, that promise is associated with a large percent of the human race because, well, being a human being is a pretty difficult thing.

Barry
Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM

well, at least one good thing has come from this thread...

i just realized WarDekar's picture is a panda!!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:56 PM

What gives you the right to say that walking in the park should make someone happier than going to the strip club? Your all washed up, Gramps.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, at least one good thing has come from this thread...

i just realized WarDekar's picture is a panda!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was obvious, but sometimes people say it isn't...
Old 10-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Prop action for the wannabe \"ballas\"

[ QUOTE ]
I thought of another thing. As you are a terrible poker player, would players be objecting to you multiaccounting given the fact that you would essentially be helping their bottom line instead of hurting it? I really think that if some -75% ROI players

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, what about a "balla" prop bet?

Since you seem to imply I'm a player with -75% ROI, and you and some of your friends are pretty ballers, what about betting something between 100k-500k to prove you wrong?

Lets say 1 year (maybe 2 if you think "I may get lucky") that I have a ROI higher than -75% playing online tourneys, what the hell, since I kind of like you I even give you -50%, these days is pretty easy to track tournament action and in fact you have some friends in the tracking business who would be pretty happy to track my loses, we can even impose a minimum number of tournaments played or no action. Hope to hear from the rich and happy ballers.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Prop action for the wannabe \"ballas\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought of another thing. As you are a terrible poker player, would players be objecting to you multiaccounting given the fact that you would essentially be helping their bottom line instead of hurting it? I really think that if some -75% ROI players

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, what about a "balla" prop bet?

Since you seem to imply I'm a player with -75% ROI, and you and some of your friends are pretty ballers, what about betting something between 100k-500k to prove you wrong?

Lets say 1 year (maybe 2 if you think "I may get lucky") that I have a ROI higher than -75% playing online tourneys, what the hell, since I kind of like you I even give you -50%, these days is pretty easy to track tournament action and in fact you have some friends in the tracking business who would be pretty happy to track my loses, we can even impose a minimum number of tournaments played or no action. Hope to hear from the rich and happy ballers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't implying your ROI is -75%. You are probably even better than -25%. I'll bet any amount of money that you can't break a -25% ROI in a tourney lineup that is stars 50r, 109r, 215r, 1k tues, ftp 1k monday. The bet would have to be more complex/with lots of details, otherwise you could play the sunday million only every week, or maybe just get one score and stop playing.

Even after all of this, if we bet a substantial amount of money, you could hire a MTT pro to play on your account. But if you want to come up with a more detailed prop bet on you being a losing player, I'm game.