Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: stephenh
villager 3 75.00%
wolf 0 0%
seer 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Crazy Phil Laak story with Pics

What a waste of time it was reading that crap. man, nobody cares
Old 08-04-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone hire The Terroist to solve this mess

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-04-2007, 02:55 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
$30k is def. believable. I mean come on, that'll only buy you like 3 nights worth of Antonio getting you into clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocks and rings, my man. It's money well spent.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"My wife on hearing about this nearly had a nervous break down. She was so scared that she went to the Police on her motorbike to file a complaint on the way there she was hit by a car and now has the use of only one leg."

as ironic as it gets lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not ironic. Irony would be if they had their travel for disabled people business BEFORE this happened. I read it that they started the business after the accident, amiwrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesnt say when they started the business, i think. but this is way better that i had on mind lol.
i meant its ironic that his wife went to the station and paid the money to the families on behalf of Phil. then she rides her motorbike to the station and gets hit by a truck, again, Phil was the main factor why she went to the station in the first place and got hit by a truck. first she paid for it with her money, then she paid for it with her leg
Old 08-04-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Armenian is white to me. What do you think he is?

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT? We are all dumber for having read this. This is easily the dumbest thing in this entire thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Dr, didn't you know that not black = white? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Crazy Phil Laak story with Pics *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
Post deleted by Dids

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you believe it ? I supply the missing link between the underage Thai ladyboy sex workers and Sklansky's new black shemale hooker girlfriend and Dids deletes my post !
Old 08-04-2007, 04:58 PM

no more mr nice guy
snuk in da club with tha 44 on my rightsiede
duck when you see me [censored] stay awake in the night time
Old 08-04-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no more mr nice guy
snuk in da club with tha 44 on my rightsiede
duck when you see me [censored] stay awake in the night time

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ internet keyboard thugs

Go ask your Mommy to make you a sandwich or something.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What % of people would try to have someone killed for 30k over a simple matter of 15k instead of just either writing it off as a loss or ponying up the last 10k to break even/profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Next to 0% if your a legit businessman. But if you're a hardcore drug smuggler with connections, I'd say it might be 25% or higher.

Hypothetical: Laak's been successfully smuggling Golden Triangle heroin for awhile and he knows people, both in Southeast Asia (Thailand) and New York City. Laak gives Tom $15K and tells him who to buy the artifacts from, when, where, etc. Tom doesn't know bags of raw heroin are hidden in the artifacts. This reduces Laak's risk because he is not directly involved in either the heroin purchase or shipment. Also, because Tom thinks that he's operating as a legitimate local imex businessman he's less likely to draw suspicion.

In NYC Laak spends considerable time/money setting up the legit-looking operation to receive the artifacts. This might have cost another $5K. Laak also pre-arranges deals with big NYC dealers. What if Laak's finances were being entirely handled by one of these dealers ? ( remember that earlier Tom had to call Laak's mommy to get money to bribe Laak out of trouble with the Thai police )

If Tom backed out ( the $10K additional part of the story is a fabrication ), or if Laak thought Tom was squeezing him and if Laak was in with the wrong people, he might have dug himself a very deep financial hole with pre-arrangements, and more to the point might have severely damaged his reputation as a go-to guy. Maybe the $15K/$30K paid to take care of Tom wasn't even his money, but that of some big league dealer who wanted it done that way.

Anyway, all hypothetical, but one can easily see how it might not be the case of spending $30K over being ripped-off for $15K.

Someone should contact Laak's mommy and see if at least the bribed Thai police part of the story is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. I'm impressed.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:53 PM

Best part of the website-

250,000 leaflets are now going to print and will be circulated at every event you attend. It is our intention to let the whole poker world know your story.

I can't wait for the leaflets. Hopefully, they will be a collector's item one day like an OJ Simpson slammer for playing Pogs.