Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

The fact that this thread has turned into:

Reporting
Accusing
Arguing

with Clayton sickens me. Its a joke that with the somewhat good intentions this thread began with, it has veered into the direction of villifying a scapegoat. It seems to me like the complete lack of people willing out any of the actual cheaters has thus in turn forced people to turn to the next best option, which is Clayton.

I really think its petty the way this has come about and it's very laughable the way people are trying to make an example out of CLAYTON. Clayton, who many of us have met in real life and would trust with every dollar to their name.

It's one thing to make a serious effort to out/stop the multi-accounters, its another to attack and report Clayton.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really know but what I read adanthar saying is he didnt even really have info to give, and if he did it would be "hey my friend thinks this account might be cheating look in to it"

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding

also, clayton, I would really avoid mentioning certain rakeback accounts ITT
Old 07-27-2007, 12:47 PM

Kleath,

Adanthar is a smart guy. If he thinks there is some credibiity to a rumor, and he clearly did in this case, then yes he should report it and let Stars investigate.

Breaking the T&C is unethical when it gives you an advantage, such as anonymity or multiple shots at the Million, over those who follow the rules.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:47 PM

I hope clayton giving up his names to pokerstars and publicly admiting them will get others to do the same who have made it known for a while they have cash game accounts.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For anyone wanting to know Clayton's names, and since he's posted our private conversation above I assume he has no problem with me doing the same:

ItsLikeThat7427 (8:29:10 AM): i can just tell you them all
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:29:13 AM): i have no issues doing so
uclabruinz12 (8:29:15 AM): great thanks
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:29:23 AM): bluelabel
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:29:25 AM): followmyruin
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:29:32 AM): cnew27 (the one to my name)
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:01 AM): mommasub, papasub, agnet007 (these are shared accounts)
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:10 AM): that ive playe don
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:21 AM): and iknowalofpi
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:23 AM): i tihnk thats it
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:30 AM): iknowallofpi*
uclabruinz12 (8:30:51 AM): i thought it was bluelabel11?
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:54 AM): yea it is

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU ARE A REVOLUTIONARY!!!!

Its BADBADBAD for donkamenteurs to have multiple accounts to get that mayb 5$ in equity being anonymous gets them in a 200$ donkament. However, if aba/muckemsayuhh/durr are doing it FOR HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WHO CARES!!!!

Also some of the tilt names are shared because of rakeback. ZOMG PEOPLE MAKING ACCOUNTS IN PEOPLES NAMES FOR RAKEBACK!!?!?!?!!? NO WAI. ALERT THE PRESSSSSSSSSSSES.

CLAYTON=WITCH. BURN HIM AT STAKE.

[/ QUOTE ]

While Stealthmunk doesn't necessarily present these arguments in a patient manner...

QFT

Its a joke that the highest stakes cash game players on the net switch screennames like no ones business and nobody gives a [censored], the sites dont do anything to stop it, etc.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

SM,

Creating a second account to get rakeback is also unethical. Granted people screwing over the sites is less ofa concern that people screwing over other players, but it is not really OK. What does multi-accounting at high stakes cash games have to do with anything? Isn't FTP cracking down on that anyway? That's what Brian said recently.

You are missing the point that anyone with multiple accounts ought to be investigated even if they aren't specifcally suspected to have used them in the same tournament. I don't see any reason not to give that info to Stars, etc. and let them investigate. Do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf how is getting rakeback by making a new account unethical? Perhaps you subscribe to a completely different brand of ethics but that is a pretty ridiculous statement to me, TOS =/= ethics
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its a joke that with the somewhat good intentions this thread began with, it has veered into the direction of villifying a scapegoat. It seems to me like the complete lack of people willing out any of the actual cheaters has thus in turn forced people to turn to the next best option, which is Clayton.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't worry, I'm sure we're gonna get off Clayton and focus on kleath and his play money account soon enough

i could have just told paul to fk off and ignored him, but in doing so i would admit some sort of guilt to jjprodigy proportions. i value my reputation since my irl name is my 2p2 name and a lot of valued mttc'ers know me, so I've cooperated with everything Paul's asked, though with some general ire in the process.

i really hate that the direction of this thread has gone from legitimate multi-accounting cheaters to people like me.

this thread sure got ridiculous FAST
Old 07-27-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SM,

Creating a second account to get rakeback is also unethical. Granted people screwing over the sites is less ofa concern that people screwing over other players, but it is not really OK. What does multi-accounting at high stakes cash games have to do with anything? Isn't FTP cracking down on that anyway? That's what Brian said recently.

You are missing the point that anyone with multiple accounts ought to be investigated even if they aren't specifcally suspected to have used them in the same tournament. I don't see any reason not to give that info to Stars, etc. and let them investigate. Do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf how is getting rakeback by making a new account unethical? Perhaps you subscribe to a completely different brand of ethics but that is a pretty ridiculous statement to me, TOS =/= ethics

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Do you know why sites have affiliate programs? They use rakeback to attract new customers, which is why existing customers aren't allowed to get it. Creating a new account to subvert this policy is stealing from the site. Now maybe you are OK with that, but it's very clearly stealing.