Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....So is $30/down about what you are expecting?....

[/ QUOTE ] I will not tie myself down to that ammount. I know this may sound stupid to y'all but I always EXPECT $10/down, This way I can always stay positive about my pay and it is always more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

We aren't asking you to "tie yourself down", this isn't a court of law. Just looking for a best guess estimate. I'm very sure that you have a pretty good idea of where it will end up.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The real question to me is - Who leaked the story about what advice Chris gave to Jerry?

If it was the dealer who was present in the private room where this ocuurred who leaked this story (to the press or to a forum or blog), then that would seem very unethical to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It got leaked in this thread. Go back to the first page.

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP of this thread references an article at Pokerati that mentions Chris' advice directly. So you are wrong.

My question remains - Who leaked this story?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The real question to me is - Who leaked the story about what advice Chris gave to Jerry?

If it was the dealer who was present in the private room where this ocuurred who leaked this story (to the press or to a forum or blog), then that would seem very unethical to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please refer to my OP and that will be answered for you. I posted that because it was inaccurately reported and I felt it horrible to lable JY as a "stiff"
Does that make me unethical? Fine, I will add it to the list of many other things I have been called today.

As for JY getting the "full picture", it has been explained what that is and again I DONT KNOW WHAT MY PAY WILL BE TILL NEXT WEEK and I still will not give you exact numbers. As for "do I feel that I was adequately compensated this year?"....That is also answered in my OP
Old 07-20-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....So is $30/down about what you are expecting?....

[/ QUOTE ] I will not tie myself down to that ammount. I know this may sound stupid to y'all but I always EXPECT $10/down, This way I can always stay positive about my pay and it is always more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

We aren't asking you to "tie yourself down", this isn't a court of law. Just looking for a best guess estimate. I'm very sure that you have a pretty good idea of where it will end up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly I do not know. I have always chuckled to myself at the dealers in the breakroom that are feverishlycrunching numbers and taking bets on what the ME downs will be. I stay away from all of it as best I can so I will never feel let down by my final pay.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please refer to my OP and that will be answered for you. I posted that because it was inaccurately reported and I felt it horrible to lable JY as a "stiff"
Does that make me unethical? Fine, I will add it to the list of many other things I have been called today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I refer to the leak to the Pokerati writer who wrote the article.

Note the following comment is made at Pokerati in response to the article:

[ QUOTE ]
Nolan Dalla Says:
July 18th, 2007 at 10:14 pm
I was with WSOP champion Jerry Yang the entire time of his post-tournament parage of media and payout.

I did not ever discuss the tipping issue with Jerry Yang personally, nor anyone else. The report above about me correcting the 2 percent to 1.8 takeout is not accurate.

I was inside the payout room when Mr. Ferguson was discussing the matter of tipping. However, I stayed out of the discussion as it is not my place to comment or influence his decision.

This report is inaccurate so far as my involvement.

– Nolan Dalla

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Therefore, Mr. Yang contributed exactly the same as every other entrant

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I only argue that Mr. Yang, under the advice of Mr. Ferguson, appears to me to be a far-less-than-average tipper

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe your definition of "far-less-than-average" is different than mine, but if he contributed "exactly the same as every other entrant" (your own words), wouldn't that make him average by definition?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:08 AM

Pkrporcupine i have agrred with some of your posts for sure and i was actually on your side. However if you make 30$ an hour or more and you complain its kind of sad.

I have been a dealer/floor for 13 yrs at Foxwoods. I dealt five straight yrs on the same craps table in the high limit area which was a min 50 with 5 times odds game. Most everynight we had at least 10 players or more on the game at one time and at least 100k on the layout almost every roll for at least 7 of the 8 hours and i never made anywhere close to 30$ an hour. Its highest point was about 22 and im getting paid the same as a poker dealer dealing 4/8 or the one dealing 10$ BJ. There are a lot of factors involved including we pool our tips and the pit tables basically carry poker since either the dealers suck or players dont tip. Now if you think dealing poker is harder then dealing craps then you are sadly mistaken and i think 30$ an hour is plenty.

Until poker is taken out of the toke rate and we get this union started we have one of the lowest paid dealers in the country for the action we have and that is one of the many reasons why i floor more now.

Ironically a few yrs ago I dealt 1 night to Lederer, Ivey and CF and all of them won a considerable amount of money.I'll give you 1 guess who the only one was that didnt tip even 1 dollar!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Therefore, Mr. Yang contributed exactly the same as every other entrant

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I only argue that Mr. Yang, under the advice of Mr. Ferguson, appears to me to be a far-less-than-average tipper

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe your definition of "far-less-than-average" is different than mine, but if he contributed "exactly the same as every other entrant" (your own words), wouldn't that make him average by definition?

[/ QUOTE ]

that is way too logical for her to comprehend.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:11 AM

Yes, unless you win 4.5 million dollars.

Suz,

I'm a boy!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:14 AM

And a comment from DanM (author of original article) at Pokerati:

[ QUOTE ]
DanM Says:
July 19th, 2007 at 7:38 am
Laurie, thanks for clarifying some of the numbers issues....
[more text]
By the way, I didn’t intend to reveal that you were (one of) my super-secret inside source(s). But glad you were willing to say so ...
[more text]

[/ QUOTE ]

So it appears pkrporcupine is actually one of the original leakers.
Closed Thread