Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you aware of the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act?
Yes 37 94.87%
No 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Absolute Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
A bunch of the players that are mentioned as good are people that I chase around which shows something probably about how the stakes affect some peoples play. FWIW I think unconscious is better than abbadabba but abba is pretty good too. Also gravy legs is not good

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, abbadabba is the best limit player on Absolute, 15-30 and below.

and no, i'm not Abba, and no, ilp isn't abba.

it's just a fact. Ive only seen him misplay 1 hand one time, and he's very solid.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:27 AM

Players I consider to be some of the best who have now surpassed me; Stewie Griff, Abbadabba, Bellabam (much improved from his 3/6 grinding days), Mydogisgay.

Annoying players I hate to play against.. Tarcards, Smomysevajoy, Sunsgorilla. And of course Palomino 3-bets me to death (please stop. now.)
Old 08-25-2007, 12:51 AM

smomysevajoy sucks. As does tarcards. Haven't played vs sunsgorilla for a while, I don't think.

They're all just too aggressive.

Why don't I see anyone posting that they hate playing me?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2007, 12:51 AM

Also, abbaddabba is only good because he ALWAYS has it. Always.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:04 AM

tarcards is awful, i'll reserve my comment for a few others cause i've only put in 3.5k hands in my first week at 5/10
Old 08-25-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
smomysevajoy sucks. As does tarcards. Haven't played vs sunsgorilla for a while, I don't think.

They're all just too aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about smomysevajoy, I dont think hes good at all. Sunsgorilla is even more over aggressive on the flop. Ive had him cap me with bottom pair numerous times. Hes done weird things on the turn and river though like check down top pair on both streets.

I dont think tarcards is horrible. His postflop play isnt anything special, but its definitely better than the other 2. He seems to know when he should be aggressive and when he should slow down, unlike the others. He also seems very aware of his image. I do think that he gives up too much by playing so loosely preflop though.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, abbaddabba is only good because he ALWAYS has it. Always.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW Ive played live with abba. One time he c/red me on the flop and he didnt have it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2007, 01:41 AM

Meh, I should have said that he always just happens to have better than what I have, hahaha. If I have 2nd pair, he has top. If I have a draw, he's v-betting bottom pair, etc.

Essentially, he owns me.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:37 AM

What do people think of 1_time_deale? That guy has been killin me this week sitting to my left. He has position on me at every table we shared and punished me any time I opened apot. I rarely feel frustrated with any specific players at 3/6 since most I find to be either 1. loose passive or 2. str8tforward TAGS. This player had TAG #'s preflop but was very aggressive and tricky postflop. Maybe he just ran well against me.

Also, Tarcards is the largest winner in my database too. He does give up a lot preflop by playing so many hands but I think he's pretty good postflop.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Players I consider to be some of the best who have now surpassed me; Stewie Griff, Abbadabba, Bellabam (much improved from his 3/6 grinding days), Mydogisgay.

Annoying players I hate to play against.. Tarcards, Smomysevajoy, Sunsgorilla. And of course Palomino 3-bets me to death (please stop. now.)

[/ QUOTE ]

there are quite a few professionals that are at 5-10 and 10-20.

some ppl listed are playing 3-6, so I don't see them anymore, but Tarcards is way loose PF, but post flop he knows what's going on.

But yes, Stewie and Abba are probably two of the best players on AP that I've seen. Mydogisgay, for all his talk on here, is actually pretty passive compared to most tags, but reviewing some of the hands he's played against me, and really thinking about what he did, he really is that good.

For example, I raise TT utg, 2 fish call, MDIgay calls on the button with T9s, or 89s, and the blind calls, 5 ways.

Flop is 974 with two spades. I bet, 2 players fold, now it's on Miles, he just calls. Why does he just call everyone? Because he's losing 100% of the time. I either have 2 overs + a flush draw, or I have an overpair.

I know all the psycho tags/lags would be, omg+toppair+++raise it up.

I won't post the whole hand.

But there are several very good professionals there. I won't list them all again, but I really think abba is the best I've seen. I can't vouch for 20-40 and up, but I'm sure there some good players there too.

Bellabam is a solid player. 28-18-2.3 he plays good

it's 10am, and the bad beat is at like 1000 million, and there are like 2 tables going. come on people.