Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Convince me to stake you

Stake me because I never miss.

Full Tilt Poker Game #2842760793: Table Highland (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:44:59 ET - 2007/07/03
Seat 1: san1grs ($476.30)
Seat 2: pidoublegy ($102.80)
Seat 3: aquaman17 ($97.50)
Seat 4: elephantsRcute ($144.20)
Seat 5: evans_33 ($90.35)
Seat 6: lolourgay ($95.50)
aquaman17 posts the small blind of $0.50
elephantsRcute posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to elephantsRcute [7s 2h]
evans_33 folds
lolourgay folds
san1grs calls $1
pidoublegy calls $1
aquaman17 folds
elephantsRcute checks
*** FLOP *** [7c Kd 7d]
elephantsRcute bets $2.30
san1grs raises to $10.40
pidoublegy folds
elephantsRcute raises to $32
san1grs raises to $475.30, and is all in
elephantsRcute calls $111.20, and is all in
san1grs shows [7h Ad]
elephantsRcute shows [7s 2h]
Uncalled bet of $332.10 returned to san1grs
*** TURN *** [7c Kd 7d] [2c]
*** RIVER *** [7c Kd 7d 2c] [6d]
san1grs shows three of a kind, Sevens
elephantsRcute shows a full house, Sevens full of Twos
elephantsRcute wins the pot ($286.90) with a full house, Sevens full of Twos
Old 07-11-2007, 06:14 PM

Try winning with a full house in razz, then get back to me...
Old 07-11-2007, 07:59 PM

I'm super good at making bluffs.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:10 AM

Didn't see this thread until right now. Also posted this in the new thread.

I have been playing poker online for 3 years, starting out playing sng's and mtt's, having minimal success in them until I really started getting into poker and began reading a lot of poker literature (HOH 1/2, TOP, SS1/2, HPFAP) and ultimately discovering 2+2. I started doing very well in the $20, 20k Guarantee tournaments on EmpirePoker, ITM probably 7/10 times and final tabling three in a row for two $1k scores (keep in mind i was a junior in high school) So I started playing cash games from my mtt/sng roll, starting at 25nl 6m, moved up to 50nl within 10k hands, to 100nl after 15k hands, and finally to 200nl all over the course of 3-4 months. This was two summers ago on party and looking back I think to myself how the [censored] did I win at all, I was so oblivious to even the basics of NLHE cash games. That summer I won a little over $10,000 multitabling mainly 200nl 6m. I was 18 years old and as you could imagine spent a ton of the money on dumb [censored] like rims, clothes, stereos and what not. After that summer and graduating high school, I did a post graduate year at a prep school in Tilton, NH. Poker was blocked on all internet access and i was forced to give up on poker and spent nearly every dollar that I had won throughout the course of the year.

This was up until November 2006 when I started college and could finally play again. Since then I have been playing off and on, balancing poker with a college sport and social life. Although my parents had "paid" for my first year of college through loans and such, I supported myself at school on poker winnings, withdrawing a total of $1200 from bodog after playing very underrolled at 100nl 6max, basically just because there is no 50nl 6m on bodog and 25nl just felt like a nickel and dime game to me. It caught up to me however, losing a 400bb pot set under set and tilting off what I had left in after that. So where I am right now is all of my money is on FTP. Literally all of it, I have $0 in my checking account and $550 online with no way of getting it out. I deposited $50 a week ago and had run it up to $700 playing $20 sngs, 25nl 6max and mostly 50nl 6max. I was +6 bi at 50nl through 4k hands. At 5k hands, I was even.

I am very dedicated to not just playing, but discussing and analyzing every in and out of poker. I am constantly on mIRC in the 2+2 chatrooms posting hands and discussing poker most of the day. I have been a member of 2+2 since 2004 and not once ever been staked or have asked for a stake before. It seems as though when I am playing confidently, I win. I am very realistic with my flaws, mainly bankroll management and tilt control, aspects that I feel can easily be improved. These past couple weeks I have been working tirelly to fix the leaks in my game, ie. one of which I realized I am playing for stacks and semibluffing way too much, which is completely unnecessary at 50nl. I also have been looking into coaching for a while now but just have yet to found a solid coach that is affordable for me.

There are just so many reasons why I think this would be so beneficial for me. I don't have a job or any source of income besides poker. I am by no means a genius or at all try to be, but rely heavily on reads and instincts and input from other poker players. I am extremely competetive and anything I have ever truly put my mind to I have succeeded at. Poker is just the one thing that I have yet to fully comit myself to, as I had to stop playing when I went to prep school, and also playing college lacrosse. I am fully ready to commit this summer as I feel as though I already have a deep understanding of the game, definitely enough to beat 100nl 6max and that all I could do is improve with the help of a mentor. I have received input about my stats from many 2+2ers, but never has anyone actually given me in-depth analysis on all aspects of them, ie. positional stats, aggression factors, etc., something I really need.

It's really hard to put down all of my thoughts on this but my aim name is dx4dax21, drexah on IRC, and my email is drexah@hotmail.com
I hope to hear from you, if you have AIM feel free to im me.

Thanks for the opportunity,
Dax Greene

I just found this graph, from the summer of 2005.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 PM

i PMed you with my details so i'll spare them here, when should anyone expect to hear from you on the opp?

edit: wasn't sure if this was an immediate venture or something down the road, thx
Old 07-19-2007, 06:05 PM

people who PM me should receive a response rather quickly. if you sent an email as a result of PMs expect a response shortly.

thanks,

bakes