Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you regularly go to the driving range alone?
Yes 152 62.81%
No 54 22.31%
I don't play golf / This thread sucks / Show me the results 36 14.88%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 14 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Characters I find interesting
1. Ben
2. Locke

3. Jack
4. Sayid
5. Ethan
6. Sawyer
7. Jin
8. Juliette

6,932,455. Claire
6,932,456. Claire's baby

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] For some reason this had me cracking up laughing.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok if Paulo and Nikki are alive, we got nothing at all from the plot of this episode. Normally, the writers put some piece of information in the episode or something that is relevant to the future.
When Paulo was on the beach with Nikki, before he got up and Nikki found the nicotine gum, he said to Nikki how he was confident that they would eventually leave the island. When Nikki asked him how, he responded that he was simply being optimistic. bs. I think that he used the radio to contact someone, whoever he got on the other end, outside world or others (probably others) gave him some kind of hope of escape from the island. He couldn't tell Nikki this was the reason he was optimistic because then he would have to explain that he got the radio while in the hatch hiding the diamonds that he wasn't supposed to have. Does this theory make sense? This seems to be the only way that this episode has any effect on the future if Paulo and Nikki come out alive.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are on the right track here.

Paolo was in the hatch-thing (forgot its name) below the airplane when Ben and Juliett came in. If they had just left, there would have been no way that Paolo would have been able to get out of there without help from someone. Did you mention how Paolo and Nikki used rocks and stuff to open the seals of the hatchdoor from the outside?

So he probably used the walkietalkie (or just shouted from below as they closed the hatch) to get help and Ben and Juliett or someone else from the others heard them and got him out.

So maybe they were working for the others afterall and he made a deal with them to do something for them and then he and Nikki would get brought off the island with the submarine.

[ QUOTE ]
this episode rocks!!! So Paulo knew all this and kept quiet the whole time?

[/ QUOTE ]
My theory would also explain this, since I don't believe that Paolo would keep something like "Ben: We have to capture (insert Jack's lastname)" for himself. There would be no reason to.

So, if alive or not, we will probably see them back atleast in flashbacks and then also with some relevance to the mainplot. There was a big gap in their story this episode that leaves enough room where they could have done something important we don't know yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't there be more then 1 enterance to the hatch. There was more than 1 to the hatch before hand, why can't there be one in this new hatch.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:48 AM

I skimmed through the thread and didn't see anyone really mention one of the most important yet untouched on aspect of the episode.

The walki-talki.

I think we will see more of Paolo at least in flashbacks because I think it will be an important aspect of the plot.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:40 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the development of Paulo and Nikki happened when Sawyer was away. Now that makes sense from TV land, but ignores all the time that Sawyer spend sitting around and reading, and apparently ignoring the hot ass and what not.

[/ QUOTE ]

but the flashbacks showed they pretty much kept to themselves and spent their days searching for the diamonds
Old 03-30-2007, 09:34 PM

I just rewatched the episode, and I noticed that when Hurley found the script tto the show that Nikki acted in, he mentioned that "the cobra's this big bad guy, who's identity has been shrouded in mystery for 4 seasons"

I guess that means it will probalby be a while before we learn who the others leader is
Old 03-31-2007, 10:58 AM

i don't see how everyone thinks this episode was solely introducing and killing two new characters. the writers obviously have planned this for a while, as there were small references to both characters in quite a few episodes, and quite a while back. i'm pretty sure it wasn't all just so they could write a random who-dun-it/mystery episode in the middle of the season.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't see how everyone thinks this episode was solely introducing and killing two new characters. the writers obviously have planned this for a while, as there were small references to both characters in quite a few episodes, and quite a while back. i'm pretty sure it wasn't all just so they could write a random who-dun-it/mystery episode in the middle of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Majority do not think what you said in the first sentence.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember, Season 2 does not all happen AFTER Season 1...a lot of it is during the same timeline as Season 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate...
Old 04-01-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I have time to reflect on this episode I'm a little confused too. If I can recall I only remember Nikki and Paulo appearing in only 1 other episode during the series, and this was the episode that was referenced here in this one. If they're dead than it's pretty weak to bring them in just for this. If they're not dead I can't see what more they can offer this series. Seems like it was a filler episode.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep waiting for the Cryptkeeper to make some awful pun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor Nikki and Paolo...they seem to have found themselves in a...GRAVE...situation! Hehehehehee. But look on the bright side, kiddies. At least the double-crossed lovers finally found a way to...BURY...their differences!!! HEHEEHEHEHEHEE.