Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 mens basketball thread

Brockman and Hawes need a PG to feed them the ball. Dentmon and Appleby don't cut it. If Romar doesn't bring in some super stud freshman or a juco transfer to run the team next year, it will be more of the same.

So frustrating that they are basically wasting Hawes' eligibility by making him play with [censored] guards.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:42 PM

JaredL,

Every time they cut to the UO crowd it was only my memory of you as an apparent decent human that kept me from using my super powers to firebomb Eugene today. There's something about those people that really brings out the raw hatefull contempt in me.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JaredL,

Every time they cut to the UO crowd it was only my memory of you as an apparent decent human that kept me from using my super powers to firebomb Eugene today. There's something about those people that really brings out the raw hatefull contempt in me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually got pretty tired of the student section by my last year. I was there for 5 years, but only 4 b-ball seasons as I was in Spain for one. Basically, it's a bunch of idiots and the humor runs like the worst of bbv and oot - people trying to yell stuff to make others laugh, and then the one out of 500 things that are funny get hammered game after game after game far past their expiration date. A good example I remember was yelling "water boy" at the small, young looking, white kid. There was one game where a kid looked seriously like he was 14. While they were stretching, someone yelled at him asking if he was the water boy. Like some cool players on opposing teams he played along and thought it was funny. Then he actually got into the game and everyone was chanting it. It was pretty funny. It stopped being funny when every game after that the white guards got similar treatment. Obnoxious failed attempts at humor are easily the worst kind.

It also got a lot worse when they added the "pit crew" [censored]. Basically, a guy as a business class project came up with the idea. They give out the shirts and you get in early so you basically have to wear the shirts at the bottom. That part is fine, but they also act as pseudo cheerleaders. They pass out fliers with suggested chants and organize themes on occasion giving out prizes and [censored] for funniest sign, best Steve Lavin look-a-like - lame crap like that. Their biggest crime, was shameless promotion of the new duck mascot. They sent emails and made a huge effort to get people to stop booing that monstrosity. It wasn't as effective as their effort to clean up our chants toward Henry Bibby, and thankfully the new mascot is no more. Oh, by the way all these jackasses got free shoes from Nike for promoting the new duck, which would have made uncle Phil's company a lot of money. They also used their early entry (they did [censored] like put pompoms on seats so got in early) to save up 80% of the seats in the front row, which sucked for people like me who always got there earlier than necesary.

One other thing that bugs me as well is that Oregon fans tend to be much more biased than others. They are quick to boo refs for what are clearly correct calls. This type of of [censored] is worse in the student section where people are louder, drunker, and probably less intelligent. It's pretty bad when say an Oregon guy blocks a shot but clearly nails him with the body and people go nuts. I also have this complaint about the OSN announcers, who are the worst I've ever heard.

Having been to a couple Pitt games, where the atmosphere is supposed to be excellent as well but pales in comparison, I will say that it is incredibly loud, intense, and exciting at Mac Court. I think it's easily the best home court in the Pac 10, and top 5 in the country, especially considering that Oregon has a far from dominant program.

Jared
Old 02-24-2007, 09:04 PM

From the LA Times letters to the editor:

[ QUOTE ]
On behalf of USC basketball, let me be the first to bid farewell to any hope(emphasis added) for a invitation to the NCAA tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? USC would have to lose all three of their remaining games not to get an invite. They are the 3rd best team in the Pac10 and it would be unpossible for the P10 not to get 5 bids.

Of course, I hope he is right.

UCLA CLINCHES SHARE OF PAC10 TITLE!!!! Anyone know what the tiebreaker for p10 tourney seeding is? I'm sure there will be some ties in p10 record.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:41 PM

unpossible?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the LA Times letters to the editor:

[ QUOTE ]
On behalf of USC basketball, let me be the first to bid farewell to any hope(emphasis added) for a invitation to the NCAA tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? USC would have to lose all three of their remaining games not to get an invite. They are the 3rd best team in the Pac10 and it would be unpossible for the P10 not to get 5 bids.

Of course, I hope he is right.

UCLA CLINCHES SHARE OF PAC10 TITLE!!!! Anyone know what the tiebreaker for p10 tourney seeding is? I'm sure there will be some ties in p10 record.

[/ QUOTE ]

on this wsu/osu game they said that the only way wsu can get the 1 seed is if they win out, ucla loses out and washington has to tie oregon and stanford in the pac 10 standings.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
unpossible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Un-poss-i-ble (adj) - possible, yet undesireable and unlikely. When reason and faith collide.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:51 PM

I didn't get the watch the game, but I'm taking credit for WSU's win, since our hero was Aaron Baynes who I had savaged on the internet earlier this week, clearly inspiring him to have a great game and prove me wrong.

Saw a bit of the UW/UO game. Brooks is just sick. Hawes is still sick. Ryan Appleby is an ugly chucker.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:10 PM

Oregon's hot!!!!!11
Old 02-26-2007, 01:53 PM

are there still people who don't think the Pac is getting 5 if not 6 teams in the dance?

ucla, wsu, usc, oregon, arizona, and stanford are all in if you ask me. stanford being the one in the worst shape.

i'm fairly surprised people think the pac may only get 4 teams in...i'd bet an incredible (for me anyway) amount of money that they get 5 or more in.