Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you love pork roll?
Yes, and I prefer Taylor's 9 23.68%
Yes, and I prefer Trenton 2 5.26%
No, I have had and do not enjoy pork roll 3 7.89%
No, I have never heard of/tried this. 24 63.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2006, 02:17 AM

Default Re: newhizzle tells the story of the missing 200k (brandi Xpost)

fascinating

i feel like im in legally blonde 3
Old 12-19-2006, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
b) Who are you to say what is a valid belief and what is a misguided belief? Your post (although it doesn't directly state it) implies that you personally believe BluffThis is misguided... This is an example of intellectual arrogance. The prevailing view in society of correct beliefs and misguided beliefs changes every few decades and enforcing the current fad view is no different than supporting lynchings in the 1890s.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is kind of the whole point. a bunch of people express their opinions, and express their opinions about other people's opinions, and eventually maybe people's views are refined and developed and we all end up better people. my point was just that there was nothing wrong about those of us that thought bluffthis was being a dbag calling him out on it -- its not being overly pc or anything like that, its an attempt to refine our discourse [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

also, i disagree with the idea that there's something noble about expressing an unpopular view simply because it's an unpopular view. if it's unpopular view because it's repulsive, he doesn't get some sort of rhetorical gold star just because he "had the stones to say it." at least not from me.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:19 AM

The thing about bluffthis was that he was an idiot. If I really need to explain this to someone then youre probably an idiot too.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:20 AM

LOL at reducing this hilarity to an ridiculous poltical argument on teh internets. Also the mob mentality is no surprise, human nature ftw. gg Common_Sense.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fascinating

i feel like im in legally blonde 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute gold. LOL literally.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
b) Who are you to say what is a valid belief and what is a misguided belief? Your post (although it doesn't directly state it) implies that you personally believe BluffThis is misguided... This is an example of intellectual arrogance. The prevailing view in society of correct beliefs and misguided beliefs changes every few decades and enforcing the current fad view is no different than supporting lynchings in the 1890s.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is kind of the whole point. a bunch of people express their opinions, and express their opinions about other people's opinions, and eventually maybe people's views are refined and developed and we all end up better people. my point was just that there was nothing wrong about those of us that thought bluffthis was being a dbag calling him out on it -- its not being overly pc or anything like that, its an attempt to refine our discourse [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

also, i disagree with the idea that there's something noble about expressing an unpopular view simply because it's an unpopular view. if it's unpopular view because it's repulsive, he doesn't get some sort of rhetorical gold star just because he "had the stones to say it." at least not from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should post in SMP more.

Ok, back to my cave.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:27 AM

With all the flaming that goes on in BBV, I'm surprised everyone here thinks bluffthis's comments were out of line.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I only respect people who think independently and I would estimate that this group literally amounts to no more than 2% of the American population.

[/ QUOTE ]
Us 2%ers thank you for keeping the level of discourse as low as it is so we can run things without the involvement of Stupids
Old 12-19-2006, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are you to say what is a valid belief and what is a misguided belief? Your post (although it doesn't directly state it) implies that you personally believe BluffThis is misguided... This is an example of intellectual arrogance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ironic, no?
[ QUOTE ]
I only respect people who think independently and I would estimate that this group literally amounts to no more than 2% of the American population.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm part of that 98% and I agree with you completely.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Us 2%ers thank you for keeping the level of discourse as low as it is so we can run things without the involvement of Stupids

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought we agreed to call them something else so they wouldn't catch on?

don't let any morlocks read this, btw.