FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: OP's Buddy is a
Wimp 37 36.27%
Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Re: The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread

it's not a gaurunteed contract, so who knows.
more power to him, he is still probably one of the best (better) shooters in the league. if only he can do those other things, too...
Old 10-25-2007, 05:40 AM

This thread has fallen dooooooowwwwnnnnn... time for a bump.

[ QUOTE ]
The Heat acquired Davis and center Mark Blount from the Timberwolves in a five-player deal that sends center Michael Doleac, forwards Antoine Walker and Wayne Simien as well as a future conditional first-round pick to Minnesota.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good trade for the Heat imo and pretty good for the T'wolves too.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the spurs b/c they are one of the gayest and most boring teams ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who don't enjoy watching the spurs shoudn't be called basketball fans. I understand that one can only watch oh so many 74-70 final scores, but they are the ones dictating the tempo and could just as easily put 105 points if they wanted.

You don't like seeing a 6 foot frenchman nearly lead the league for pts in the paint. You don't like seeing Manu's crazy forrays in the lane? You don't like Duncan showing us his prototype post game? All of their role players are sick, too. Oberto can drop come gorgeous dimes, Barry can still gun and Bowen's play represents the ideal teammate.
If you can get over the fact that they are from San Antonio (omg), have boring fans and boring unis, watch a game and appreciate that squad.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread has fallen dooooooowwwwnnnnn... time for a bump.

[ QUOTE ]
The Heat acquired Davis and center Mark Blount from the Timberwolves in a five-player deal that sends center Michael Doleac, forwards Antoine Walker and Wayne Simien as well as a future conditional first-round pick to Minnesota.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good trade for the Heat imo and pretty good for the T'wolves too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is this thread even about right now??
Old 10-25-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who don't enjoy watching the spurs shoudn't be called basketball fans. I understand that one can only watch oh so many 74-70 final scores, but they are the ones dictating the tempo and could just as easily put 105 points if they wanted.

You don't like seeing a 6 foot frenchman nearly lead the league for pts in the paint. You don't like seeing Manu's crazy forrays in the lane? You don't like Duncan showing us his prototype post game? All of their role players are sick, too. Oberto can drop come gorgeous dimes, Barry can still gun and Bowen's play represents the ideal teammate.
If you can get over the fact that they are from San Antonio (omg), have boring fans and boring unis, watch a game and appreciate that squad.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLLOLOL at Oberto dropping "gorgeous dimes." And yes Duncan's prototype post game is boring as hell. And no "Manu's crazy forrays" don't excite me that much, although he is probably the most entertaining player on their team. It is amazing at how easy Parker makes it look to score in traffic, but once you've seen it a few times then it loses its entertainment value(similar to Duncan actually in that their skill level is amazing but its just the same thing over and over again).

I respect them a lot. And I do enjoy watching them. However, to claim that they are not one of the least entertaining teams in the league is just wrong.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:51 AM

In all honesty, have you ever seen a more boring highlight reel than this 4 minute Fabricio Oberto clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_awnAq9JYQ
Old 10-25-2007, 08:56 AM

I really don't get why Duncan's post game is considered boring.

Maybe it's because I am a post player myself but I find it fantastic to watch how easy he makes it look. Now if we're talking boring... Shaq's (prime) hopstep-dunk move is boring to watch.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:38 AM

Random trade idea of the day....

Suppose that Washington finds itself in the middle of a disappointing season. With Antawn Jamison in the last year of his contract any way they'd trade him to Phoenix for Diaw and Banks? Diaw would seem like a great fit in the Washington Princeton style offense which makes great use of good passing big men. Banks at least has some potential, although is probably more of a liability with that contract and no production last year.

It would give Phoenix a starting 5 of Nash, Bell, Marion, Jamison, Amare with Hill and Barbosa coming off the bench(can move Marion to the PF too and go smaller).

Of course Washington probably wouldn't do this if they were in the playoff chase and thats likely. Just a thought...
Old 10-25-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While MVPaul exaggerates some, I see what he's getting at. I WANT to like the Spurs because of Duncan's post game, Parker's ability to finish in the lane, and Manu's creativity.

But I can't, because they whine and flop more than any team in the league. I can't appreciate Ginobili's "crazy forrays (sic) in the lane" because too often they end up with him at the line after he pretends that he's had his eye gouged out of his head. I can't appreciate Duncan's beautiful use of the backboard from 17 feet (and it is beautiful) because half the time he misses, he stands and barks at the ref instead of getting back on defense. I can't appreciate Bowen's grittiness because he belives he's never committed a foul in his life, a ridiculous attitude for someone with his playing style.

Maybe it's not that I find the Spurs boring to watch -- it's that I find them infuriating to watch.

-McGee
Old 10-25-2007, 11:34 AM

My picks for NBA awards.

MVP: Yao
DPOY: Garnett
MIP: Ronnie Brewer
6th: David Lee
ROY: I guess Noah, Horford & Scola have a chance.
COY: Adelman
Exec: Ainge