Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: YEREKEEO
Your erection: reason everyone keeps ejaculating (elephantitis, obviously) 4 44.44%
yankees,especially rodriguez = egocenntric [killrallying envious egotistacal overated] 1 11.11%
Young Elvis ruled... eventually kept eating... enter obesity. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Official Supernova Elite Thread

[ QUOTE ]
The problem I have when you get to supernova, is that the freerolls they offer for it aren't exclusively for supernovas. What gives players who haven't put in the time or money to make supernova, the right to satalite into the 50K freeroll on saturdays? I don't understand that. To me that is a slap in the face to supernova players. The way they had it last year was appropriate where they had 3 seperate vip freerolls and you weren't allowed in the supernova one unless you were actually a supernova. I believe this needs to be changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The prizepool wouldn't be as big as it is without the GoldStars and PlatinumStars satelliting into it.

However, I wouldn't be against some sort of freeroll reform. Some ideas on this have already been tossed around in this thread.

There's absolutely no way that the freerolls are going to please everybody. Some players don't like tournaments. Some players don't care for Hold 'Em. Some players aren't available Saturday afternoons. For some players the value of the freerolls is too small for them to bother (compared to the stakes they normally play).

There's not going to be a happy medium for a lot of players.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem I have when you get to supernova, is that the freerolls they offer for it aren't exclusively for supernovas. What gives players who haven't put in the time or money to make supernova, the right to satalite into the 50K freeroll on saturdays? I don't understand that. To me that is a slap in the face to supernova players. The way they had it last year was appropriate where they had 3 seperate vip freerolls and you weren't allowed in the supernova one unless you were actually a supernova. I believe this needs to be changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The prizepool wouldn't be as big as it is without the GoldStars and PlatinumStars satelliting into it.

However, I wouldn't be against some sort of freeroll reform. Some ideas on this have already been tossed around in this thread.

There's absolutely no way that the freerolls are going to please everybody. Some players don't like tournaments. Some players don't care for Hold 'Em. Some players aren't available Saturday afternoons. For some players the value of the freerolls is too small for them to bother (compared to the stakes they normally play).

There's not going to be a happy medium for a lot of players.

[/ QUOTE ]

The prizepool doesn't grow based on how many satalite entries there are. It's $50K however many there are. If you meant that if they didn't have satalites the prize pool would be like $25-30K instead of $50K you're right. I understand that you can't plese everyone but I think you should in cases of giving back to players, you have to favor the supernovas more because they are the ones who give the most into the site. Thats just how I see it.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to favor the supernovas more because they are the ones who give the most into the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

SuperNovas are the ONLY players that get a free seat into this tournament. Kinda seems like they are being favored if you ask me.

Having said that, I still think the old system of having a freeroll for each level has its' own merits. Mainly, shorter fields would allow for shorter tournaments AND more players would find themselves in the relevant money each week.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol there is no way anyone is going to do that, that plays our stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty certain I could do it if I was playing full time. I've been averaging just under half that playing part time.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Having said that, I still think the old system of having a freeroll for each level has its' own merits.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would prefer reverting to the old system.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would prefer reverting to the old system.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just playing around with some figures.

By my calculations, Stars puts up ~46.5k of the 50k AND 15k of the 20k for a total of 61.5k each week.

If things were reverted to the old system, we could have:

SilverStar 4k
GoldStar 10k
PlatinumStar 15k
SuperNova 35k

Not sure if I'm set on this idea, but I see others favoring it so I figured I would jot it down and we could all think on it a bit.

Another additional idea would be to jack up the prizepools slightly and charge FPPs to enter the tournaments. This serves two purposes: first it looks more appealing to the casual players that the VIP club is helping to recruit; secondly, it makes the players that aren't playing feel like they are missing out a little less (not only would they have to play a donkament in the middle of the day Saturday, but they would have to waste their FPP on them?!?!)
Old 09-19-2007, 04:54 PM

i like the numbers you have here 1PB, and i would rather i be a freeroll (no FPP entry) than a slightly higher prize pool with a FPP entry, just because i like thinking that im playing COMPLETELY with house money. i think there are plenty of people who feel the same, especially those of us who dont really like MTTs. i think the best part of the old freerolls is that they were smaller in number, and therefore smaller in time, i mean we's got [censored] to do on saturdays, amirite?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol there is no way anyone is going to do that, that plays our stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty certain I could do it if I was playing full time. I've been averaging just under half that playing part time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am referring to small stakes grinders, which is a majority of supernovas. But if you are 10/20 LHE then by all means you do have a good chance of making it. This sux because SNE just caters itself to the limit games where a lot of rake is generated a lot more often than in NL.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow. its actually what i feared. they give you the whole year to accumulate 1M vpps, and then you have to make 1M vpps in 6 months to keep SNE status. If I make 500k vpps in 6 months atleast I could unlock 2 promotions.
# $10,000 at 1,250,000 VPPs (50,000 Base FPPs to clear)
# $10,000 at 1,500,000 VPPs (50,000 Base FPPs to clear)
but then would be dropped of my SNE status after that. If I lose my SNE status while I am clearing one of the milestones do I lose the milestone? Why would they take away your SNE status after 6 months? not many people can earn 1M vpp in 6 months. this whole thing should be rethought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure you don't get those Milestones. To get the 1.25M and 1.5M milestone you need to earn that amount between Jan 1 and Dec 31. On Jan 1 your yearly total will go to 0 and the next milestone you'll receive is the $2k for reaching 200k

[/ QUOTE ]

correct.
There's no way they do it the way that honestryan believes.

If they gave me $10k at 250k next year and another $10k at 500k next year then that would be AWESOME!
Unfortunately, they aren't going to do it that way.
Your VPP's earned will reset at the beginning of the year obviously.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:22 PM

Doh, I dont think i can earn that much more than 1M vpps a year. so i have no chance to get the 10K milestones. This brings up a major question. If I make Supernova Elite in dec 08 then in January 09 I will start out as a SNE but will have zero VPPs. so the First Milestone I can get as a SNE will be

$10,000 at 1,250,000 VPPs (50,000 Base FPPs to clear)
$10,000 at 1,500,000 VPPs (50,000 Base FPPs to clear)

Why would I want to be SNE when I can drop down to Supernova in January and earn all these bonuses reserved for Supernova?
$2,000 at 200,000 VPP
$3,000 at 300,000 VPP
$4,000 at 400,000 VPP
$5,000 at 500,000 VPP
$7,500 at 750,000 VPP

or do SNE get the SN milestones also? other wise it wouldnt even make sense to start off as supernova and get ur fisrt bonus at 1.25M vpp. some one please explain before my head asplode.

HonestRyan