Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Who knows, really. But I agree with the fact that going out first or second in over a dozen tournaments in a row is really really really hard to do. Somebody ALWAYS busts on the first hand. So you'd have to be going all-in, and somebody who knows he's ahead would have to call you, AND you would have to not suck out.

Some sort of chip dumping, because the other dude would have to know he's ahead? Some sort of beta testing for the later hack/scam? A way to establish a maniacal style of play/generate losses in advance to cover your tracks? Some/all of these? If this database is accurate, it's really really bizarre and just another piece of evidence that something very suspicious is going on, and that an inside job is most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first thought that it was chip dumping to start with an instant chip lead cushion. It's a lot easier to make the necessary moves involved in this kind of scam with more chips than anyone at the table and it serves as protection against suckouts if forced into making calls earlier than the river. If the scam involves multiple players it would make a lot of sense. The even scarier thought is that if this is what they were doing, the only way to guarantee they would be at the same table with another conspirator is an inside job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is everyone so hung up on this. Wouldn't it make since to intentionally lose a tournement here and there instead OF WINNING EVERY ONE?? What stupider way to lose a tournement then to go all in every hand till you lose if you are trying to cover your tracks??

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 08:47 PM

Guys,

I am far from convinced that PAYUP is another cheating account. That AKhh hand is strange, but it's the only hand we have so far. I don't know how the guy thinks, maybe when the other guy reraised him he put him on pocket kings for no reason, Jennifer Tilly style. If you assume that the guy thinks that the fact that he got reraised indicates he's up against a monstrous hand, the whole hand would make sense to a donkey. That K7 in the blinds hand proves nothing at all. I trust adanthar's judgement, so I think it's likely that he's correct, but so far I haven't personally seen anything that proves PAYUP is cheating. These claims need to be rigorously backed with evidence, otherwise (like the Seif cheating rumours) they could end up calling into question the credibility of the whole case.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

I am far from convinced that PAYUP is another cheating account. That AKhh hand is strange, but it's the only hand we have so far. I don't know how the guy thinks, maybe when the other guy reraised him he put him on pocket kings for no reason, Jennifer Tilly style. If you assume that the guy thinks that the fact that he got reraised indicates he's up against a monstrous hand, the whole hand would make sense to a donkey. That K7 in the blinds hand proves nothing at all. I trust adanthar's judgement, so I think it's likely that he's correct, but so far I haven't personally seen anything that proves PAYUP is cheating. These claims need to be rigorously backed with evidence, otherwise (like the Seif cheating rumours) they could end up calling into question the credibility of the whole case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't posted the HH because, hopefully, N82 can write a parser to fix it and I can go through them faster.

Just trust me, he's cheating. I'll send any interested party the hands and you can judge his style vs. Potripper's for yourselves.

edit: the grinder just shipped me his FT HH as well - judge for yourselves soon
Old 09-18-2007, 09:05 PM

okay, I'm not gonna go through all of these hand by hand like potripper's because there's too many hands and there's pretty much no point, but here are some details:

-he raises 5x half a dozen times and 8-10x another 4-5 times; none are called
-whenever a shortstack is all in, he only calls with a better hand (never once dominated even when the shove is 3-4 BB)
-he has a stellar 100% bluff pickoff rating vs. 2 people, including reraising TheGrinder at least 8 times (never being called, and never reraising when TG has a hand)
-he open folds a half dozen times; it's never folded to the BB (obv) and the hands that are shown down afterwards are the usual KK/QQ/6 BB stack with AJ (I think this is the worst one)

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. again, all interested parties can PM me for copies of the HH
Old 09-18-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I trust that Adanthar is seeing more than I can from these couple of HHs.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

this is all adanthars plan to get everyone to move to cake so he can have 1% of their rakes
Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 PM

We're all fish. Everybody who plays online are fish. We're all suckers. I promise you that this isn't just exclusive to AP. This happens on all sites, but they are better at covering it.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:24 PM

ibluff <3 conspiracy theories?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I'm not a conspiracy nut. I like facts and solid evidence. What about you?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I'm not a conspiracy nut. I like facts and solid evidence. What about you?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, over rated. drama bomb = more fun.
Closed Thread