Default Re: Ask TheMetetron about living in or visiting Buenos Aires, Argentin

You didn't go to El Yugo?

Bad beat.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:39 PM

Nope. Maybe next time.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:07 PM

I`ve finally arrived in Buenos Aires. I don`t know anyone here so if you would like to get together and have a drink, feel free to PM me. I`m a 20 year old male by the way.

Any recommendations on restaurants, bars or clubs? I am staying in Retiro by la Plaza San Martin, I'll travel anywhere though.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I`ve finally arrived in Buenos Aires. I don`t know anyone here so if you would like to get together and have a drink, feel free to PM me. I`m a 20 year old male by the way.

Any recommendations on restaurants, bars or clubs? I am staying in Retiro by la Plaza San Martin, I'll travel anywhere though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incredibly vague. Get more specific and you'll get some help.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:18 PM

Met,
I'm interested in what you did when you first arrived in Argentina. From what I've read, http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1130.html , no visa is necessary for stays up to 90 days. I thought you said that you were on a travel visa. Is this the same thing? And if not, how did you optain it?
Also what did you do your first few days there? What types of things did you have to take care of in order to get set up?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:22 PM

1) Are controlled drugs, like Valium, vicodin, anabolic steroids etc, obtainable without a prescription at the pharmacies?

2) Does the 2 or 3 dollars you mentioned for cab fare include tips? How much do you tip?

3) Are the girls better looking then in other S.A. countries? Do you have any pics of real girls you’ve met?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Are controlled drugs, like Valium, vicodin, anabolic steroids etc, obtainable without a prescription at the pharmacies?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but I imagine that obtaining these items through shady means are much easier here. I don't really use anything like this so I've never bothered to look.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Does the 2 or 3 dollars you mentioned for cab fare include tips? How much do you tip?

[/ QUOTE ] 2 or 3 dollars depends on where you go of course. Going to the boca to watch a soccer game is more like 5-6 from my house but most places that I travel are between 2 and 4. No that doesn't include tip but a tip isn't necessarily expected. I often just tip the remainder of my coin change when he breaks a bill. Not that I advocate this but if you stiff a guy that was just normal ok cab driver you probably won't even receive a stern look.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Are the girls better looking then in other S.A. countries? Do you have any pics of real girls you’ve met?

[/ QUOTE ]
From the places I've travelled and girls that I've come across, yes. I will work on getting pictures. Keep in mind though I haven't been to Brazil yet.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:44 AM

Sometimes I think some of you guys asking questions didn't even read the thread. Chairmoon Wood was nice, but there was nothing asking by the two posters above him that hasn't been asked before. I don't mind some repetition, but pretend to read the thread first at least.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I think some of you guys asking questions didn't even read the thread. Chairmoon Wood was nice, but there was nothing asking by the two posters above him that hasn't been asked before. I don't mind some repetition, but pretend to read the thread first at least.

[/ QUOTE ] I found your entire thread very interesting. I'm pretty sure, I read every post. It's just that I started over a month ago and didn't re-read that which I thought I had already read. Sorry if I missed or forgot the parts that answered my questions. I thank Chaiman Wood for being nice.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:29 PM

I didn't mean to be so vague, let me try to rephrase my question.

What I meant to ask was for recommendations on restaurants that are well known and respected for being exceptional (such as Peter Luger's in NY for steak, something that's a MUST have). Do you know of any?

Any recommendations on a nice lounge in Recoleta to take a girl on a date?