Default Re: Things that say \"I\'m a piece of trash\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMO, there are 3 distinct differences.

Amongst White Americans you've got the:

Rednecks
White Trash
Good ol' boys

You've also got the yuppies, etc. but we're not talking about them.

IMO, a:

Redneck: A guy who probably wears tight jeans and a tight baseball hat with fishing hook hooked to the bill. These guys are usually very very skinny and wiry. Usually got oil on some part of their jeans. This fellow likely chews tobacco and owns a Confederate flag. He likes to fight even though he's 5'7" 130. VERY CLOSE-CROPPED HAIR. Can usually fix mechanical stuff. Pretty hard-working and serious, but loves to have fun. Loves to hunt and fish. Loves the good Lord. Loves America. If they can't install your 12" subs, can find someone who can.

White Trash: Slightly different from the American Redneck. Less helpful. Not as smart. Wears loose-fitting clothes (think sweatpants and Cowboys jersyes) to grocery store. Shops at K-Mart, Wal-Mart (on payday), Target, Bargain Barn. Eats at Golden Corral, Cracker Barrel, Truck Stops, etc. Has several kids and usually has bleached hair. May or may not be using Methamphetamines. Doesn't really love hunting or fishing. Can't afford equipment. Buys lottery tickets. Likely lives in trailor. Family Tree may or may not split. Doesn't care for America. Thinks the government is keeping them from realizing their potential. Whines a lot. Can't really help you with your car, or installing a stereo.

Good ol' Boy: Likely the most financially-secure of the three. Good ol' boys can be college-educated and likely hold better jobs than Rednecks or White Trash. Loves to hunt and fish. Loves trucks. Loves America. Loves family. Loves the Lord. Likes goatees. Hair usually pretty well-kempt. Active in the community (little league, pop warner football..) They don't usually sport dirty clothing, but they like to wear expensive cowboy boots occasionally. Might own a nice Harley. Loves football, especially at the College level.

I hope this clarifies some things. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is suprisingly accurate, I would like to add a regional specific addiction of "hoosier", which is a st louis thing.

a hoosier, is pretty much all three of these types rolled into one, at varying degrees. Your south city hoosiers, are probably more white trash than anything, but they have a ton of redneck in them, your south county hoosiers are mainly rednecks, but w/ a good percentage of white trash. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's some funny [censored], guids. I almost forgot about hoosiers... I am not from Indiana but I went to Purdue for undergrad, and my roomates were from St. Louis. I laughed hysterically when I found out that back home a general term synonomous with white trash was "hoosier", a term that coincidentally encompassed all Indianans... it was great...
Old 09-02-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, these guys look moronic, obviously.

But Nicholson is a known wack-job anyway, and has clearly just thrown on some things to go down the street a sec.

Pacino looks retarded, in his giant suit and Crocs, eating pistachios or feeding the meter or whatever he's doing. He looks handicapped, like one of those guys who washed Larry David's car.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny. he actually kinda lookes like richard lewis from the Curb your enthusiasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought that was mel gibson.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMO, there are 3 distinct differences.

Amongst White Americans you've got the:

Rednecks
White Trash
Good ol' boys

You've also got the yuppies, etc. but we're not talking about them.

IMO, a:

Redneck: A guy who probably wears tight jeans and a tight baseball hat with fishing hook hooked to the bill. These guys are usually very very skinny and wiry. Usually got oil on some part of their jeans. This fellow likely chews tobacco and owns a Confederate flag. He likes to fight even though he's 5'7" 130. VERY CLOSE-CROPPED HAIR. Can usually fix mechanical stuff. Pretty hard-working and serious, but loves to have fun. Loves to hunt and fish. Loves the good Lord. Loves America. If they can't install your 12" subs, can find someone who can.

White Trash: Slightly different from the American Redneck. Less helpful. Not as smart. Wears loose-fitting clothes (think sweatpants and Cowboys jersyes) to grocery store. Shops at K-Mart, Wal-Mart (on payday), Target, Bargain Barn. Eats at Golden Corral, Cracker Barrel, Truck Stops, etc. Has several kids and usually has bleached hair. May or may not be using Methamphetamines. Doesn't really love hunting or fishing. Can't afford equipment. Buys lottery tickets. Likely lives in trailor. Family Tree may or may not split. Doesn't care for America. Thinks the government is keeping them from realizing their potential. Whines a lot. Can't really help you with your car, or installing a stereo.

Good ol' Boy: Likely the most financially-secure of the three. Good ol' boys can be college-educated and likely hold better jobs than Rednecks or White Trash. Loves to hunt and fish. Loves trucks. Loves America. Loves family. Loves the Lord. Likes goatees. Hair usually pretty well-kempt. Active in the community (little league, pop warner football..) They don't usually sport dirty clothing, but they like to wear expensive cowboy boots occasionally. Might own a nice Harley. Loves football, especially at the College level.

I hope this clarifies some things. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is suprisingly accurate, I would like to add a regional specific addiction of "hoosier", which is a st louis thing.

a hoosier, is pretty much all three of these types rolled into one, at varying degrees. Your south city hoosiers, are probably more white trash than anything, but they have a ton of redneck in them, your south county hoosiers are mainly rednecks, but w/ a good percentage of white trash. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's some funny [censored], guids. I almost forgot about hoosiers... I am not from Indiana but I went to Purdue for undergrad, and my roomates were from St. Louis. I laughed hysterically when I found out that back home a general term synonomous with white trash was "hoosier", a term that coincidentally encompassed all Indianans... it was great...

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to live up there, and made a new friend in 8th grade who was new to the city, and one day I was at his house watching TV or something and saw some trashy people on TV and I blurted out "What a bunch of hoosiers." right in front of him and his mom. He was like "What!?? Did you just say Hoosiers!?" and his mom looked stunned and I was like "Uhh, yeah...they are." "Dude, I'm a Hoosier." "What?" "People from Indiana are hoosiers." "Oh, dang, sorry. My parents always called trashy people hoosiers...I didn't know...sorry."

I was pretty embarassed but it was damn funny. They weren't angry but rather a bit stunned to find that locals used that term regularly. I felt sort of bad for them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in a trashcan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq, I think that's an illegal clue. If you said "waste backet" or "garbage can" I think you would have been okay.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
someone driving in a car, windows up, bass cranked so loud it makes your fillings ache from 50 yards away.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Although there was an ad for Pioneer car stereos several years ago that made me laugh. It didn't run for long. It showed shots of the old Tacoma Narrows Bridge oscillating (this was the suspension bridge built in the 30's that shook itself to pieces shortly after it was built) and rock music playing, then a guy in a car opens his window and says "Sorry". and the Pioneer logo was displayed.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
having a "Calvin peeing on something" sticker on the back window of your truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
driving ANY Camaro or Firebird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my screen name, I still do think that a large majority of f-body owners are trash bags.

To clarify though,

1st gen, some 2nd gen camaros = collector cars, not trash

3rd gen "boxy" camaros = trashy

4th gen or newer = ridiculously good cars that noone should ever be mocked for driving, but still do in fact get a lot of trashy people liking them.

It's hard to hate on a car that gets 350+ hp and almost 30mpg highway. I've never been a huge fan of the car's styling overall though, unless you count the early models.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:50 AM

Straight from The Daily Show last night (Rob Courdry on the different bathroom stall signals men can send to each other):

"Wing tips mean a married man. Socks with Sandals mean this is your first time. Oh and... John, anyone in those brightly colored plastic Crocs... that means anything goes. We're talking hardcore ass-to-mouth stuff. Scat-play! And John... that's not just in bathrooms ok? Anytime you see anyone wearing Crocs, be wary."

Awesome.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:00 AM

Bling of almost any kind.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:42 AM

Not wearing a bra when you really should.

Wearing white socks with dress shoes.

White dress shoes (Paulie walnuts)

Tatoos that can be seen when wearing long sleeve shirt and pants.

Short sleeve dress shirt with tie.

Not knowing how to tie a tie as an adult male

Drinking more than 1 beer alone.

Going by a nickname as an adult (with a few exceptions)

Sending on chain e-mails that are "funny" (top reasons why democrats...)

Subscribing to the Limbaugh letter