Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Sbrugby

[ QUOTE ]
1) Farha loves to tell everyone that he made all his money from poker. The one time I played with him 200-400 in LA, he kept mentioning it over and over. Other players who have played with him a lot kept saying that he always loves to say that he made all his money from poker. This all, of course, probably means he made most of his money from something that has nothing to do with poker. What the nature of this other income is--no one knows.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling that Sammy is as much a pro as Clownie is.
If I remember right, on the 2003 WSOP coverage they said he was involved in oil somehow in Texas.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
internet players are new, when they actually can make multiple tv final tables and have the same success we can discuss them, the pros are on tv tons and have had there game exposed, anyone ever see waco, ugotpzd, fiery justice hole cards before no, if they have the same success after having there game shown you guys can keep sucking there [censored], if you think gobbo will run that final table the same way again after everyone saw how he plays it wont happen,pros think amateurs cant bluff which is ridiculous for them to think but after seeing some of them on tv they can adjust to there game the same way online players do

[/ QUOTE ]

roflmao

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The spelling not the worst part of that post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying that if you're a retard in life, there's a good chance you're a retard in poker too.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome grammar determines poker skills, if someone is that pissed with grammar mistakes how sad is your life

[/ QUOTE ]

if that is the only thing you see wrong with your post then you should go back to lurking.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:30 PM

Zimba posted on Cardrunners:

"Brian just texted me back that he slept last night to get caught up and the second match is beginning this morning. He freely admits that fatigue was the main contributor to his poor results from the end of the first match.

Brian is smart about his money. He has set a stop loss for this series of matches that he can afford to lose. He's taking a shot against an opponent he feels he has an edge over. He said Sammy regularly makes EV- plays that can be exploited if the cards break evenly."
Old 06-06-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Srugby

In all seriousness, I just cannot fathom how you think any live player has an edge over players like ABA in the long run. Sammy Farha must hate money if he was happy playing ABA over a large quantity of live hands (if that was possible).

Someone said it in the Sklansky thread recently. They ran numbers and the point was, a successful live pro may have just ran hot for 10 years because they simply haven't played enough hands for variance to kick them in the a$$ and really illustrate how good they are.

Until a live player even comes close to the type of experience as ABA, CTS, DURRRR, PA etc. has, I wouldn't even contemplate putting them in the same sentence as the words "great player" or "better than".

In fact, I think it's retarded that anyone even overlooks the experience/no. of hands argument of online vs. live players. It's just not even close...
Old 06-06-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel Alaei makes some great comments here in HSNL
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10673030

[/ QUOTE ]
REMINDER
Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, I just cannot fathom how you think any live player has an edge over players like ABA in the long run. Sammy Farha must hate money if he was happy playing ABA over a large quantity of live hands (if that was possible).

Someone said it in the Sklansky thread recently. They ran numbers and the point was, a successful live pro may have just ran hot for 10 years because they simply haven't played enough hands for variance to kick them in the a$$ and really illustrate how good they are.

Until a live player even comes close to the type of experience as ABA, CTS, DURRRR, PA etc. has, I wouldn't even contemplate putting them in the same sentence as the words "great player" or "better than".

In fact, I think it's retarded that anyone even overlooks the experience/no. of hands argument of online vs. live players. It's just not even close...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, experience in the amount of hands played helps, but playing live involves a lot more than just poker knowledge and experience, and that is where the edge can be smoothened a bit.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Daniel Alaei makes some great comments here in HSNL
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10673030

[/ QUOTE ]
REMINDER

[/ QUOTE ]

No one cares about logical thought and thoughtful insight, this is NVG. Unless you have smelled Annie Duke or heard when Lederer is getting pinched please leave.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:44 PM

A thread about ABA in which Salazar is by far NOT the worst poster. How the [censored] did this happen?
Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 PM

I think aba has a definite edge if they were to be playing short sessions, but Brian has some tilt issues, if you read his blog after a big loss, it's very evident he does tilt. I think Brian is a better player, but this is live, with many people watching, and Farha probably has a better 'head', in terms of not tilting and can handle this kind of money.

If aba can keep his head straight, I think it's a win for him.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, experience in the amount of hands played helps, but playing live involves a lot more than just poker knowledge and experience, and that is where the edge can be smoothened a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

It really doesn't, playing live is simply just more fun and less of a task.

Poker is all about EV, after being put into millions of EV situations and coming up with the best plays, you have a better edge over live players.

Has anyone determined how long 1 million live hands would take??