SF 19 20.65%
NYC 10 10.87%
Vegas 57 61.96%
Other (post plz) 6 6.52%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: May**

I'd be up sooooo much today if I believed the 19/14 guys every time they reraise me out of their blinds.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:20 PM

I wasn't saying that Baluga theorem is not valid anymore. But I think it's essential to be able to identify those people, who use this move as a (semi-)bluff. And that happens more often than many people on this forum think, imo. Actually, I have trouble coming up with an example that I could be using this move as a bluff myself, because I will hardly ever be oop playing the passive part unless I got reraised and decided to call. And then stack sizes and pot size and the strength of my hand in the first place demand a different play. It's just that there is a lot of semi-bluff-raising going on and you need to identify these spots, imo, esp. when there is a flush-draw on the board...
Old 05-22-2007, 05:29 PM

I have a sign on my head that says try to run me over. So I let them try.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $115.15
BB: $50.75
UTG: $57.15
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $54.65</font>
CO: $13.55
BTN: $46.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2.00, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.75) 6 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3.45</font>, Hero calls $3.45

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($11.65) 2 (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $8.00</font>, Hero calls $8.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($27.65) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $15.00</font>, Hero calls $15.00

Pot Size: $57.65 ($2.85 Rake)

BTN had A Q (Ace King high) and LOST (-$28.45)
Hero had T T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Tens) and WON (+$26.35)
Old 05-22-2007, 05:30 PM

Coaching session helped me, I'm playing much better and I AM better, though I only went break even. Wasn't even paying attebntion to my stats, but ran 25/21/3 with 43 ASB. Felt normal though.

BTW, I want to buy my friend's name off of FT. If I transfer the money from my name on to that account, and start playing on it, FT's gonna notice, right? Is there a way to do this?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:32 PM

Did you have history with villain so that you thought it was a good idea to check this Dorado of a flop for a suited connector or a medium PP? I play as passively myself from time to time against some villains. But I'd really be a little scared by this board...
Old 05-22-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I want to buy my friend's name off of FT. If I transfer the money from my name on to that account, and start playing on it, FT's gonna notice, right? Is there a way to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you just ask the support if they'll give you another screen name? I think Stars and/or Party allows this once a year or so. Or do you want his FT-Points? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] And i don't know why they should notice anything. Transfer the money, get a new IP, connect and play. How the hell should they now it's you? But you can't play on both accounts at the same time, obv.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:35 PM

nope.. he was just a tag fish and way agressive.. 23/20/5. 2 hands later someone else triple barreled me with a gutshot when I had trips. Just how the table was playing, bet bet bet bet.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can't you just ask the support if they'll give you another screen name? I think Stars and/or Party allows this once a year or so. Or do you want his FT-Points? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] And i don't know why they should notice anything. Transfer the money, get a new IP, connect and play. How the hell should they now it's you? But you can't play on both accounts at the same time, obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a ton of points I've never used (11k I think, well, prolly not a ton but whatevs) so naw.

How do I get a new IP? I'm a n00b when it comes to that. PMsies?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:46 PM

i really wanted to shove this turn but i figured i had literally zero FE. whats would you guys assign as a realistic range for this guy. no reads.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $3.20
BB: $3.80
UTG: $7.85
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $10.90</font>
<font color="black">BTN: $0.00</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.80

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BTN checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, BTN calls $1.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5.35) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BTN bets $2.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($9.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BTN bets all-in for $3.85</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $3.85 returned to BTN

Pot Size: $9.35 ($0.90 Rake)
Old 05-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Well, with button having a 0.00 stack I'd say he's pot committed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread