Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2006, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Has the side pot bug caused any problems?

[ QUOTE ]
Juk: is there a way to use multiple XP user-accounts to mine more than 10 tables? I have heard that you can run the party application on more than one user account (hence ending up with 2 party app's running)...can you, or someone, give me step by step instructions on how to do this (if it's possible?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not so hard to setup the accounts:

(1) Just go into "Control Panel" then select "User Accounts".

(2) Where is says "Pick a Task", select "Create a new account" and just follow what it says (<u>make sure you create full (admin) accounts, and NOT limited accounts</u>).

(3) Then simple run a copy of Party and FPHG in each of these accounts.

(4) Setup iWitness to use the same "networking folder" and run a copy of iWitness also in each account (I don't do this myself, so prolly better to ask Sam or Roland for help on how to do this bit if you run into problems...).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Re: PHG NLHE hh\'s rake problem

[ QUOTE ]
what I called the "side pot bug").

[/ QUOTE ]Does this only happen with observed handhistories? If it occurs with both FPHG and PHT, I'd assume it was Party's fault, and therefore occurs in the normal (non-observed) histories.
-Sam
Old 03-26-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(<u>make sure you create full (admin) accounts, and NOT limited accounts</u>).

[/ QUOTE ]
I just felt a great disturbance, as if millions of Sys Admins cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
-Sam

P.S. I do agree with your instructions. "All admin" is easier than helping folk find a common-accesable folder.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:55 PM

Default A PM sent to me about T&C - posted here

[ QUOTE ]
I've been using your program for a week or so and it is working great. Thanks! I am curious though if using this is in any way violating Party's T&amp;Cs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so yet from what I read in the T&amp;C (but I am no expert...). IMHO, what upsets Party most of all is commercial sharing of HH data and this I believe is the real reason they stopped writing the .hhf files originally.

Also, my version does not write in "real time" so it's hard to miss-use it for bots or other such stuff, and also nobody is profiting from my version... I gave it away free, so everybody can use it if they wish without being forced into paying a 3rd party for the privilege. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I would hate to have my funds confiscated.

[/ QUOTE ]
The way Party works is that they don't tend to confiscate funds unless you have been actually cheating somehow (via collusion etc) or have repeatedly broken their rules after being warned.

[ QUOTE ]
I looked around a little bit and didn't see much talk of this on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will post this in the main thread, and see what others say. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Juk: is there a way to use multiple XP user-accounts to mine more than 10 tables? I have heard that you can run the party application on more than one user account (hence ending up with 2 party app's running)...can you, or someone, give me step by step instructions on how to do this (if it's possible?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not so hard to setup the accounts:

(1) Just go into "Control Panel" then select "User Accounts".

(2) Where is says "Pick a Task", select "Create a new account" and just follow what it says (<u>make sure you create full (admin) accounts, and NOT limited accounts</u>).

(3) Then simple run a copy of Party and FPHG in each of these accounts.

(4) Setup iWitness to use the same "networking folder" and run a copy of iWitness also in each account (I don't do this myself, so prolly better to ask Sam or Roland for help on how to do this bit if you run into problems...).

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...I think I understand, and I'll give it a go -- do I also have to run separate instances of PT in each user account? If so, will that even be possible, given that I'm importing the hands into the same 'observed hands DB'...so PT will be running two instances and importing hands into the same DB?? Does that make sense???

What do u mean by 'networking folder'. I currently run FPGH from its EXE file I placed in the Empire directory (and I run iWitness from the AHK file I simply placed on my desktop). When you say "make sure iWitness is configured to use the same "networking folder"", what do you mean? Where do I configure that? (or is it the default option anyway)...?
Old 03-26-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(<u>make sure you create full (admin) accounts, and NOT limited accounts</u>).

[/ QUOTE ]
I just felt a great disturbance, as if millions of Sys Admins cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
-Sam

P.S. I do agree with your instructions. "All admin" is easier than helping folk find a common-accesable folder.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I didn't realize Party would work in a limited user account (I am a Unix user, so yes I cringe too when having to tell people to install and run everything as admin/root! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

As far as I was aware (and when I tried this out), party refused to work under a limited account, BUT I think I only tried to install it under the limited account (and got some weird ass error message...). I didn't however try to install into a common writable folder (have you tried this and does this work? - if so this could be a method to "sandbox" the client...).

Old 03-26-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what I called the "side pot bug").

[/ QUOTE ]Does this only happen with observed handhistories? If it occurs with both FPHG and PHT, I'd assume it was Party's fault, and therefore occurs in the normal (non-observed) histories.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am fairly sure PHT misses the end of some hands too (from what I have been told), and somebody did send me an email explaining how this was happening and showed me examples.

PT rake calculations do seem to go way off if the end of the hand is missing.

Either way this bug needs squashing, so hopefully I will get rid of it in the next version (I sure it's effecting things like W$SD to for us limit players tool, but we just don't notice...).

Old 03-26-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing you could do to help is send me a few mixed NL HHF files [via PM or email - just paste them in] which have split pots, side pots and combinations of these (they don't come up too often in limit). I can then look through these and work out some better regular expression to match the 'true' end of hand (at the moment I just look for the work 'wins' to terminate a hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

will do..I'll PM you half a dozen or so funky hh's tmw
Old 03-26-2006, 08:21 PM

Default donations??

you really should give us some info on how we can made a donation for your time. Obviously you have put in some time both making the program and responding to this tread helping people. I know you did this because you didnt want people making money off it, but I am pretty sure most people here would feel good about making a donation of say $10 or something for your time (as its worth a lot more than that)
Old 03-26-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Re: donations??

[ QUOTE ]
you really should give us some info on how we can made a donation for your time. Obviously you have put in some time both making the program and responding to this tread helping people. I know you did this because you didnt want people making money off it, but I am pretty sure most people here would feel good about making a donation of say $10 or something for your time (as its worth a lot more than that)

[/ QUOTE ]
Alot of people have asked already about donations, but strange as it may sound (coming from a poker player...), I really am not a very money orientated person and I do believe much more in the sharing of software, information, skills, etc.

These forums are free and there is a vast amount of information to be gained by just browsing through them. All of this information was provided by other people who have donated their own time for free, so their should be no difference when I try to give something back via some free software?

This is just my way of saying thankyou to all those others who have provided the information.

Each and every person here has something which they can give back to the other members, so hopefully my example will inspire others to share what they can... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]