Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes (Mod edit: AP thread, part 2)

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't have time to read this whole thread, but lol at GRAYCAT. This guy sat down at 3/6 NL table once (200 BB at Absolute, so $1200), and went all in every hand either preflop or on the flop. I still remember a couple hands I won against him: all in preflop, I call with 66, he shows ... 23o. MHIG. On an Axx flop, he pushes all in with K7 or something, I call with AQ, MHIG. He dropped about 5 buyins while I was at the table, but he had already been there for a while before I sat down.

Sadly, I never saw him again until this thread. If he's still throwing away cash, I'll have to hang out on Absolute some more and keep an eye out for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graycat?

Seriously, this isn't a joke.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:40 PM

maybe not ethical but there is 0% that anyone will get any money back so why not take some moonies.

or do you think anybody will now say " aww, we were so wrong, look he dropt like 20k he must be legit "
Old 09-16-2007, 09:43 PM

solid
Old 09-16-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
solid

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a little strange that he's willing to invest this much money in trying to repair his image considering the fact that we all estimated he won a few hundred thousand at most. If anything, I think this may be an indication that the cheating is more widespread than just his account, and he's trying to do everything he can to repair the damage he's done to his ring of cheaters.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:50 PM

river AF way down
won $ WSF wayyyy down
won $ at SD way down
PFR down as well
Old 09-16-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is a little strange that he's willing to invest this much money in trying to repair his image considering the fact that we all estimated he won a few hundred thousand at most. If anything, I think this may be an indication that the cheating is more widespread than just his account, and he's trying to do everything he can to repair the damage he's done to his ring of cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may also be that he knows he's never going to get that money off, so he might as well entertain us with it/make it harder for Absolute to get it for themselves.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:51 PM

or it could just be that the cards are breaking even now, while before he was running hot
Old 09-16-2007, 09:52 PM

If I could see my opponent's hole cards, I could sit and win 10k in a few hands at HSNL and it would look like I was just another fish that got lucky. Do this a few times a week over a year and a half...

edit: this was meant as a response to jman's post
Old 09-16-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe it's a desperate attempt to save whatever method he was using to cheat? you don't think he'd be willing to sacrifice 20k if he thought he could cover his tracks and go back to making unlimited money?
Old 09-16-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or it could just be that the cards are breaking even now, while before he was running hot

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, you mean he runs totally ridiculously hot with an INFINITE river aggression factor averaging 100-200 bb/100 over the 1000 or so hands that we had aggregated against him also averaging 95 percent or so VPIP, 25 percent WSD, and 50 percent W$SD, then as soon as the thread accusing him of cheating pops up his stats immediately reverse? Yeah, that must be it.
Closed Thread