Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's the favourite?
L/c 0 0%
L/R 1 11.11%
B/c 0 0%
B/R 8 88.89%
I mix it up to keep the monkey and the rest of the table off balance. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, September, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
Well I just sharkscoped myself and everyone's stats have been reset to 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, I want a refund on my 5 free searches. Ohhh, wait a minute....
Old 09-04-2007, 11:06 AM

nevermind im retarded I had it open on my laptop and it defaulted to full tilt, thus the reason I couldnt find anyones stats.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just reported my first douche who was berating a guy about his sharkscope stats. I'm curious to know what they'll do.

I also asked this:

[ QUOTE ]
I know you've recently added Sharkscope.com to your disallowed software list--is it only not allowed during actual game play? I'm assuming I am free to use the site any other time I am not actually playing. Which brings me to another question--If I visit Sharkscope.com while away from the tables, will your detection methods still indicate that I am using the site?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody know the answer to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pokerstars policy announcement seems to answer your question.

Here is the relevant bit:

"5. If the service’s operation pre-dates the establishment of these guidelines, there shall be no “grandfather clause” for existing data. 100% of historical profitability data must be removed from view until such time as a player explicitly opts in as above.

Any Service Operator found to be in violation of these rules risks having their access to PokerStars’ game client restricted and/or the service impeded, including but not limited to the warning of players who access the Service while the PokerStars client is open."

This seems to imply accessing Sharkscope while not playing is still ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

That part of the policy seems to address Sharkscope and not the player, but does indicate that players can use it when not logged in to Pokerstars.

I haven't gotten a response yet, but this was posted in another thread , which indicates that you *can* use Sharkscope while the PokerStars client is *not open*.

Josem, how can they tell if you're using Sharkscope while Pokerstars is open, and differentiate when you've used it prior to opening the Pokerstars client?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:35 PM

Can anyone send me 150 on Stars for 150 on FTP? PM me if you can.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:04 PM

Devin, I've had several people tell me you need real mental toughness to make that drive, as it's so featureless and boring. Good luck!
Old 09-04-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Devin, I've had several people tell me you need real mental toughness to make that drive, as it's so featureless and boring. Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet your poker game will go up 10 points devin
Old 09-04-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Featureless=borrrrrring

I wanted to kill myself driving across Kansas. And that only took like 6 hours
Old 09-04-2007, 06:54 PM

nothing beats driving through Iowa for boringness
Old 09-04-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josem, how can they tell if you're using Sharkscope while Pokerstars is open, and differentiate when you've used it prior to opening the Pokerstars client?

[/ QUOTE ]

It really depends what PS uses to detect usage of Sharkscope. On my Windows Vista system, it would always ask for admin rights, so it could literally be doing <u>anything</u>. Incidentally, this is why you should be careful about downloading and running programs on your PC that you don't totally trust.

When you download and run a program, it could be doing any one of a variety of options. Some ideas off the top of my head that poker clients might include:
<ul type="square">[*]checking the processes running in windows' task manager [*]take a screenshot [*]view internet browsing history[*]view cookies[*]view internet favourites[*]looking at windows registry[*]looking at files on your hard disk[*]data flying across your network[/list]
two disclaimers:
a) i'm not an expert on this stuff; they may not use all of the items listed above, they may use other techniques; and

b) i'm reluctant to try to assist people much further with this, as, while I appreciate people's intentions, it is actually an effort to circumvent PS's rules, and i'm not comfortable with that.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:34 PM

so i just got this email from my cousin (who is 40) who i tried to help learn how to use a computer and teh internets last week. here is part of it:

"I'm still not sure how to "format" my typed messages. You know...making indentations, starting a new paragraph, etc. I am used to using a typewriter that has a "return" lever. An electric typewriter has a "tab" button, that would automatically return the thing to the correct location. (This letter seems to all be in one line.) How the hell do I indent? Or start a new paragraph?"

im surprised he was even able to send that
Closed Thread