Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Westbrook & (pick one)
Droughns @ OAK 1 33.33%
L. Jordon v CLE 2 66.67%
Jones-Drew @ WAS 0 0%
T. Henry v DAL 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: HUGE BRAG: Wife Now In Heaven

dids
Old 10-31-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. I got more self respect than to look at myself in the mirror and say," Gee whiz, I am the offspring of a monkey."

2. It would take so damn long for the monkey to become a man right. Where are the millions of skeletons of all these things that are in between.

3. The theory sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait, you were serious? Let me laugh even harder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so u know. If i were u i wouldn't tell any strangers what your 2+2 name is. Cuz one day me and you might play cards together and 2+2 might come up. I might say hey what's your name on there. If i remember u i'd say remember what you typed in the computer a while back. Let's see you laugh at me now. You wouldn't and then I'd wire your big mouth shut. That's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

*high five* for exuding such strong christian spirit

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't remember saying I was Christian, but thanks anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I am a person of faith. Strong pure-blooded Italian faith in god.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice having you in BBV4L

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess you aren't very smart. Just cause some one believes in God they automatically are a Christian? Wow I learn something everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh does your god encourage threats and physical violence? my apologies then, you hypocritical douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he doesn't encourage that sort of stuff. How does this make me a hypocrite retard. Just because I believe in God how does that make me this good holy person. Your mother told you to do a lot of stuff you did anyways that must make you a hypocrite too amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]

no b/c i never claimed to have "strong, pure-blood italian faith" in my mother.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh God I missed this before, made me lol hard.

Also great bump (by OP) <3 this thread
Old 10-31-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to all for your prayers. I won't let the meanies get me down ; ) Have fun in hell.

Recently life has had it's ups and downs. My poker bankroll once again is going the wrong way (ie. down : )) Had about 54k in my Full Tilt account after having that much but losing to 18k and then grinding it back. Now it's 24k. No good!!

But I have had even more positive than negative expiriences as I am hereby announcing that there is a new woman in my life! Her name is Terri and she is absolutely beautiful. My late wife talked about getting married if one of us passed on and we both agreed it was for the best since none of us would want to go threough life alone. I met Terri last week at church and the first time I laid eyes on her I knew there was something there. She is an out of towner but I'm going to see if I can change that : ) Will keep all updated as things go onwards!

Thanks,

Jake

[/ QUOTE ]Man I really want to say something but I feel so durrrrrrrrrrty
Old 10-31-2007, 08:27 PM

Seeing that OP felt the need to bump, I'll say this. It's incredibly endearing to read about your attitude towards this unfortunate turn of events. Those who attack you need to learn some basic human empathy. However, with that said...

There is a place for intellectual honesty. Whether or not this is that place is debateable. But seeing as others have gone down that path, let me add some. Religious faith is a disease of the mind. It is spread from generation to generation and as a whole hurts the human race.

The evidence against the popular Judeo-Christian faiths is overwhelming. Among the intellectually honest crowd, Jesus Christ is recognized to have never existed, and is a carbon-copy of the sun-gods that have dominated human superstition since ancient Egyptian times.

People are vicious in their denial of these truths because in most cases, they have been heavily conditioned from a young age to believe these things. When we are young, we have a natural need to trust in the judgement of our parents. If we did not, we would not learn important survival strategies, it is as natural as any other human tendency.

I see that the general acceptance of religious faith has decreased over time. There are more and more atheists and agnostics, and their ideas are becoming more widely accepted by the younger crowd.

While I do in fact feel for the OP, I also think we need to get over this tendency to defend so vehemently views of faith. There is a natural human empathy we should inhabit instead. The collective denial of the falsehood of religion only serves to reinforce blind faith in the sky god of your choosing.

I would find it intellectually dishonest not to say this. I am an agnostic, not an [censored].

Finally, telling other people they're going to hell is unbelievably horrible (especially when said with any sort of glee in the statement). If you truly believe that, and truly believe in the literal "fire and brimstone" version of hell, you would be the [censored] for saying such a thing.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Among the intellectually honest crowd, Jesus Christ is recognized to have never existed

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, a lot of very intelligent aetheists/agnostics beleive that Jesus existed (obviously they question his divinity). There is an awful lot of good evidence to support the fact that Jesus was a real man. If you want to make such a condescending post, at least get your facts straight.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:39 PM

Skeptix, well actually I really don't know what to say.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:49 PM

I don't think my post is condescending, and if it is, that's not really what I was going for. Perhaps intellectual honesty is viewed by some as condescending, but I would infer that this is merely because said intellectual honesty attacks the core of their world-view. I am respectful of people, but not necessarily ideas.

As for Jesus existing, there may very well have been a man that existed that was eventually turned into this Jesus character. However, historians of that era do not speak of such a man. If he really existed and performed the miracles he is supposed to have performed, there would be a record of it.

Instead what you have is the acknowledgment of a number of "prophets" that existed during said time period. These are inferred to be scammers trying to make their way in the world, as it is with modern-day "prophets".

While I would accept the notion that there may have been a man that the Jesus character was later modeled after, I do not believe that there was an actual man that lived the life of "Jesus". There are many that share this view, and they seem to be more studious in their research.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Skeptix, well actually I really don't know what to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a good or bad thing? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2007, 09:03 PM

LOL SACRAMENTS
Old 10-31-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have fun in hell.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do people really expect atheists to be nice to this guy?