Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise you're just using people to make yourself feel better.

[/ QUOTE ]
That sums it up nicely. I would like to hear Cardo address this but I agree that I am queering up the thread and will just go away now.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:58 PM

GUYS YOU'RE RUINING THIS THREAD
Old 08-09-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe women don't like you because you can't get a job. Or something.

Either way, I said this in another thread once: PUAs are experts at picking up rape, incest, and abuse victims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

Please, there is a difference between a PUA and a rape artist.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Either way, I said this in another thread once: PUAs are experts at picking up rape, incest, and abuse victims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, I think he was saying that women who have previously been victims of rape/incest/abuse are more likely to be susceptible to PUA techniques. (& more likely to be strippers/prostitutes/pron stars?) As those women already have serious self-esteem (& other) issues.

He wasn't equating PUAs with rape artists (?)
Old 08-09-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anacardo,

one thing i noticed is that you do something pretty much every movie in Hollywood does which is that you look at girls as being helpless to the PUA alpha male and unresponsible for her actions.

typical Hollywood movie: hero likes a really special girl who is getting boned by a jerk. if she is so special, then why is she so helpless to the jerk? shouldn't she see right through him and know that Hero is the better catch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great question. Women are attracted to men that they cannot control. Jerks are one of them. Jerks present a challenge to the woman and in turn makes them attractive. Illogical? Hell yeah.

[ QUOTE ]
have you considered that American women love drama and crave it more then happiness?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all women love drama regardless of their nationality.

Lawrence
Old 08-09-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice, guids and cardo join forces for a PUA witch hunt! wheeeeeee!

*grabs popcorn*

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not on a witch-hunt, I think i made it clear. What Im saying is that staying on th level of a PUA, w/o progressing passed the cheap ploys, and "neg hits", etc, will make you a douche bag in the long run. Its a great jumping off point, but its not the point Id ever want to stay at for too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I think it's important to establish rapport in a meaningful relationship, but how is the long run relationship going to happen if a guy can't even get the proper start to attracting the girl?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:23 PM

El D,

[ QUOTE ]

Sure, you can find many parts that seem insincere or manufactured, and maybe that's not for you. But some consistent themes across everything I've read on this topic are:

-get rid of negative, defeatist attitudes
-don't be afraid of rejection
-be more confident about yourself

For the vast majority of guys, just thinking positively and actually talking to people they are interested in would make a huge difference in their success with women.

I see this stuff in many ways as not all that different from working out and being in good shape. When I do that, I look better, feel better about myself, and am more confident in my interactions with women, and all of that is reflected in the results. Is that me being insincere? No, I'm just trying to maximize my potential and increase my chances of getting what I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've written a ton on this board about my own personal experience w/ women so we dont' need to get into that now.

the short of it is i cannot agree with you more. confidence exuded is truly drawing. i watched the first episode of that PUA show and i know it is cut to maximize the draw of being a PUA. however, the shot of mystery walking into the club for the first time is what i'm talking about.

it's just a look that scared, unsure, or otherwise not completely confident people cannot duplicate w/o feeling it.

when you workout, etc. (all the things you said) that glow surrounds you and naturally makes conquests easier.

fear of rejection also dampens that glow. it gives you a hesitancy that can be read.

always think of that fight club saying .. something about being truly free is the willingness to give ita ll up or something.

Barron
Old 08-09-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll assist w/ dequeering.

So we're compiling an All-Conceptions-Challenge Reading List.

What goes on it for sure? Assume the prospective has zero (0) familiarity with related material.

Neil Strauss - The Game
David Deida - The Way of the Superior Man
The Red Queen

These seem like three well-agreed upon titles. If somebody deep into this [censored] could chime in that would be leet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to see someone read Stiffed by Susan Faludi back-to-back with some of these. I see them as a naturally linked with a lot of the "pro-men" movements she discusses like Promise Keepers, etc..

KJS
Old 08-09-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, I think he was saying that women who have previously been victims of rape/incest/abuse are more likely to be susceptible to PUA techniques. (& more likely to be strippers/prostitutes/pron stars?) As those women already have serious self-esteem (& other) issues.

He wasn't equating PUAs with rape artists (?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely think that PUA skill sets can be used in ways that never warrant such use, but it still takes a sick person to completely manipulate a woman and then have her do something to which she is not consciously aware of or says no to.

I don't think there has ever been any literature or renowned PUA coach who has ever condoned the use of using such skills to force the women to sleep with the man. The choice has always been the woman's and willing fully so. The man, obviously, needs to be persuasive enough to have the woman sleep with him, but no force should ever be used.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how is the long run relationship going to happen if a guy can't even get the proper start to attracting the girl?

[/ QUOTE ]
God, how did the human race even last this long? Obviously no man could find a mate without asking her to buy him a drink.

This is the exact kind of PUA defense that I find completely short-sighted and idiotic, along with the "Guessing games are just ploys, and then we really get to know each other." For all of the lamenting about how skeptics pigeonhole the "seduction community" into being gimmick artists, those same people are guilty of slotting the rest of the world into two areas, those who find happiness and those who don't. Classic scare tactic, join us or be miserable.