Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why staking requires a new account name

[/ QUOTE ]
I am still kinda puzzled why you need 4-6 accounts for being staked as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally think that's somewhat stupid too.

It's not difficult to keep track of sessions on a spreadsheet and email it to your backer. If your backer doesn't trust you, then you don't deserve to be backed.

Edit: fwiw I'm not attacking Clayton, not do I think any less of him - and I don't think he deserves to be hassled beyond the actions already taken.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok guys let's not attack clayton as a person here he knows what he did was grey area/wrong and it does effect a lot of players but he is one of 25 mtters I know who either have a cash account because of backing or have some other account they have access to use with regularity. I myself am lucky that due to volume it's obv I never did that but I don't think they should have anything frozen do a generic 3 strikes your in actual trouble type thing.

Also having 2-8 names doesn't matter as long as he was on 1 at a time which without any proof I am still 110% sure he didn't ever play on 2 at once. If 2 were ever logged in at the same time/tourney it was one of a dozen possible UGA guys who all have access to multiple accounts. Because as far as I know for clayton specifically some accounts he used because of backing from sub and thus to keep accounts and balances even which is something that is important for backing.

Also, very few know there have been times and still are times that stars has allowed people to have multiple screen names under their real names. For the sake of publicity I won't be writing up the reasons why they asked stars for 2 accounts and as far as I know they only allowed these people 1 extra account for their specific needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely believe Clayton when he says he wasn't multi-accounting. I'm still glad UCLA reported him, and I hope Stars looks into it. If you've got multiple accounts, even if you have a reason for it, you should still be investigated. It's against the rules, and it's the only way to catch the people who actually are breaking the rules.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why staking requires a new account name

[/ QUOTE ]
I am still kinda puzzled why you need 4-6 accounts for being staked as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally think that's somewhat stupid too.

It's not difficult to keep track of sessions on a spreadsheet and email it to your backer. If your backer doesn't trust you, then you don't deserve to be backed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Adam [censored] Junglen
Old 07-27-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ItsLikeThat7427 (8:29:10 AM): i can just tell you them all
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:29:13 AM): i have no issues doing so
uclabruinz12 (8:29:15 AM): great thanks
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:29:23 AM): bluelabel
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:29:25 AM): followmyruin
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:29:32 AM): cnew27 (the one to my name)
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:01 AM): mommasub, papasub, agnet007 (these are shared accounts)
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:10 AM): that ive playe don
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:21 AM): and iknowalofpi
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:23 AM): i tihnk thats it
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:30 AM): iknowallofpi*
uclabruinz12 (8:30:51 AM): i thought it was bluelabel11?
ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:54 AM): yea it is

[/ QUOTE ]

should be noted that agent007 is the FTP account, i just threw it in there by mistake. everything else is true.

u can thepokerdb pi, fmr, and blue, and will see they dont run together. one goes from jan-apr, apr-jun, jun-july, except for like 3 tournaments @ beginning of blue bc it used to be a shared acct.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For anyone wanting to know Clayton's names, and since he's posted our private conversation above I assume he has no problem with me doing the same:

ItsLikeThat7427 (8:30:01 AM): mommasub, papasub, agnet007 (these are shared accounts)

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU ARE A REVOLUTIONARY!!!!

Its BADBADBAD for donkamenteurs to have multiple accounts to get that mayb 5$ in equity being anonymous gets them in a 200$ donkament. However, if aba/muckemsayuhh/durr are doing it FOR HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WHO CARES!!!!

Also some of the tilt names are shared because of rakeback. ZOMG PEOPLE MAKING ACCOUNTS IN PEOPLES NAMES FOR RAKEBACK!!?!?!?!!? NO WAI. ALERT THE PRESSSSSSSSSSSES.

CLAYTON=WITCH. BURN HIM AT STAKE.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:35 PM

Clayton,

Do you have more then one account on FTP, and if so, what are they?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:42 PM

paul,

2 accounts (Blue and FMR), and I've used 2 shared accounts, one because it was a stake acct last year that has also been used to stake a couple other people this year, and another because its a 100% rakeback acct that ive used to play sngs.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UCLA has taken this to new levels of naivety, wow.

I guess I should be glad Im an unknown, I might get reported for my old play money account:/

[/ QUOTE ]
How so?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the idea that anything that violates the TOS is unethical, along with talking down to anyone who has suspicions that some people MIGHT be cheating but dont report it. I don't really know but what I read adanthar saying is he didnt even really have info to give, and if he did it would be "hey my friend thinks this account might be cheating look in to it" So as long as you hear it from your friend that someone might be cheating you should get support involved? Like I said I have had an instance or two where I have created a new account and not used the old one again(play money on stars, another one on a different site), and they were not situations where I was a regular cash player or anything where I got any real benefit from switching(I also have never cheated, thought I should clarify for certain people) but in ucla's eyes that makes me a dirty scumbag cheat. There are areas of gray, not everything is black or white, TOS's don't have anything to do with ethical behavior either.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:43 PM

Old 07-27-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For anyone wanting to know Clayton's names, and since he's posted our private conversation above I assume he has no problem with me doing the same:

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU ARE A REVOLUTIONARY!!!!

Its BADBADBAD for donkamenteurs to have multiple accounts to get that mayb 5$ in equity being anonymous gets them in a 200$ donkament. However, if aba/muckemsayuhh/durr are doing it FOR HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WHO CARES!!!!

Also some of the tilt names are shared because of rakeback. ZOMG PEOPLE MAKING ACCOUNTS IN PEOPLES NAMES FOR RAKEBACK!!?!?!?!!? NO WAI. ALERT THE PRESSSSSSSSSSSES.

CLAYTON=WITCH. BURN HIM AT STAKE.

[/ QUOTE ]

SM,

Creating a second account to get rakeback is also unethical. Granted people screwing over the sites is less ofa concern that people screwing over other players, but it is not really OK. What does multi-accounting at high stakes cash games have to do with anything? Isn't FTP cracking down on that anyway? That's what Brian said recently.

You are missing the point that anyone with multiple accounts ought to be investigated even if they aren't specifcally suspected to have used them in the same tournament. I don't see any reason not to give that info to Stars, etc. and let them investigate. Do you?