Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: OK, Here\'s The Truth

[ QUOTE ]

So what you're telling us is that you are no longer going to pay Newhouse back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've unfortunately met too many people like this in my life. I've seen this situation, especially dealing with money, so often. It goes like this:

Crazy Person borrows money from Sap. Crazy Person promises to pay Sap back, but never does--never, in fact, makes any effort to. Crazy Person makes promise after promise for months, even years, without ever doing a damn thing.

Sap is a sap of course and tries to solve things diplomatically. Begging, pleading, being understanding at all the excuses Crazy Person gives. But finally, eventually, Sap has enough. Maybe Sap yells and starts calling Crazy Person names. Maybe Sap starts telling other people. Or does something else. But Sap does something that Crazy Person doesn't like.

Crazy Person then uses this as an excuse not to pay back Sap! Says Crazy Person, "I was about to pay you back, but after treating me like this, you don't deserve it!" Thusly, Crazy Person's actions are perfectly justified in his/her own mind, and, to his/her warped belief, should be justified in the minds of others.

And Crazy Person just keeps going around finding new saps.

I also noted Brandi's talking about DS "betraying her trust." So hey maybe (cough, cough) he could have talked her into giving Newhouse some money back, but no more.

Like I said, I've seen this type of person and this type of situation all too many times. And the next time Crazy Person pays back Sap will be the first time I've ever seen it. Sorry, Newhouse.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10,542 views in less than a day. I'm as amazed as David is that people don't think he knows what he's doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

andy what do you think he thinks he is doing?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:52 AM

he blew her trust by saying she spoke to him about emotional problems

her reaction to that seems quite normal imho
Old 06-13-2007, 01:53 AM

also i think i will take the 6:5 bet slansky offer just to crush some peeps
Old 06-13-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he blew her trust by saying she spoke to him about emotional problems

her reaction to that seems quite normal imho

[/ QUOTE ]

my point about DS/Brandi wasn't whether her feeling betrayed was legitimate or not, simply that her feeling betrayed has almost definitely cut off any chance that DS could have convinced her to pay back Newhouse.

Not that he really had a chance. That was my broader point. She would have just kept stalling and waiting around until something happens that she can point to to feel victimized in order to rationalize to herself why she shouldn't have to pay him back; really why she shouldn't have to do anything but exactly what she wants to do and what benefits her most.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:08 AM

this is so mind-numbing

in a good way, I guess
Old 06-13-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have not had a chance to read the majority of these posts, nor will I. At this point in time, my only focus is going to be on the upcoming events at the World Series and spending time with people who care for me.
I am not angered by David's post, although I am a bit sad and feel somewhat betrayed. I had opened up about many things that I have been through in my life and for him to say that I have some kind of personality disorder and to even bring up anything said to him in confidence is just completely wrong.
I will admit that I did not have an easy life. I do have some anger issues to work out. After the WSOP, I am hoping to take up boxing and get out some of my aggression in a healthy manner. The reason I am the way I am stems from the ammount of people in my life who have used me and mistreated me. That would make anyone a little unstable and quick tempered.
As for Newhouse, it has circulated back to me that he has no intention of working out any kind of deal or taking any money from me. He has said that he would rather continue trashing my reputation instead.
It's obvious that he is obsessed with me, extrememly immature, and straight out enjoys the attention that this brings him. I've been more than willing to help him in the past (even trying to get him 20K from someone that owes him money), and I'm even willing to help him now. Unfortunately that is not an option for him. Perhaps I wounded his ego too much. I'm not sure. It's strange to me that anyone could hate me that much. For the most part, I seem to be a very likable person and strive each day to be a loving and kind girl to those around me.
I would like to move on from here, but this problem is not going to resolve itself and I feel helpless in this situation. This has made me very sad. I truly wanted the best for Mark and in no way meant for him to feel that I took advantage of him. There are already enough people in his life right now that are (Chantel, Neverwin, etc.)
Because of the circle around him and mood altering substances, I feel his behavior towards me is more obsessive than it is based on anger. He still continually shows text messages from several months ago to other people constantly misrepresenting the context of these messages. All together, I feel very sad for Mark. I am trying to do the right thing here and reach some kind of a compromise. Since that cannot be done, I simply wish him the best and some good luck in his upcoming events. I hope he finds in life what it is he longs for and is searching.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why should she? SHe offered him 8k to make the controversy go away. He declined. SO she should pay him that anyway? Y?

[/ QUOTE ]

She lost at least 25k.

8k makes her a 17k winner in the deal.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:46 AM

cant wait for the post where she goes ape [censored] on DS, that should complete the circle.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've unfortunately met too many people like this in my life. I've seen this situation, especially dealing with money, so often. It goes like this:

Crazy Person borrows money from Sap. Crazy Person promises to pay Sap back, but never does--never, in fact, makes any effort to. Crazy Person makes promise after promise for months, even years, without ever doing a damn thing.

Sap is a sap of course and tries to solve things diplomatically. Begging, pleading, being understanding at all the excuses Crazy Person gives. But finally, eventually, Sap has enough. Maybe Sap yells and starts calling Crazy Person names. Maybe Sap starts telling other people. Or does something else. But Sap does something that Crazy Person doesn't like.

Crazy Person then uses this as an excuse not to pay back Sap! Says Crazy Person, "I was about to pay you back, but after treating me like this, you don't deserve it!" Thusly, Crazy Person's actions are perfectly justified in his/her own mind, and, to his/her warped belief, should be justified in the minds of others.

And Crazy Person just keeps going around finding new saps.

I also noted Brandi's talking about DS "betraying her trust." So hey maybe (cough, cough) he could have talked her into giving Newhouse some money back, but no more.

Like I said, I've seen this type of person and this type of situation all too many times. And the next time Crazy Person pays back Sap will be the first time I've ever seen it. Sorry, Newhouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, ive been the stupid sap myself a few times.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:06 AM

Unbelievably, Brandi-Princess-too-special-for-rules-that-apply-to-everybody-else, he is technically allowed to get his money back, and continue to trash you. You are responsible for your actions, whether you are a poor pity princess or not. Shockingly, donking money out of someone's account, lying to them about it, then not paying them back will tick off people. I still think he should sue you for the money and slander. Maybe once Brandi finishes with David he will then team up as an avenging angel for Newhizzle and Captain Tom. I think it would be hilarious.