View Poll Results: Should I
yes 19 20.00%
no 19 20.00%
Maybe 6 6.32%
move up to where they respect your raises 51 53.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: BRAG - MMA is taking over!

Here are all the results for those who didn't watch and also undercard results.

PRELIM FIGHTS

:edit: not my writing. this is from MMAnews.com.

Fight #1:
-Wilson Gouveia vs. Carmelo Marrero

Round 1: Round opens with the two feeling each other out on the feet. Gouveia starts working the leg kicks, to some success. Marrero goes for a crumby takedown and gets stuck in a guillotine choke. Gouveia sweeps him (still in the choke) and finishes the submission for the victory.

Wilson Gouveia def. Carmelo Marrero via Submission (guillotine choke) at 3:06 of Round 1.

Fight #2:
-Din Thomas vs. Jeremy Stephens

Round 1: Thomas gets a takedown early on to start the round. He passed to side-mount and eventually takes Stephens' back. He's working for a rear naked choke, not getting it though. Still working for it, but eventually Stephens gets out and is on top hammering down. Round ends soon-thereafter. 10-9 for Din Thomas.

Round 2: Thomas starting the round out working his jab. Thomas shoots for a takedown, Stephens defends but Thomas pulls guard. Thomas sinches in a good armbar, but Stephens slams him. Doesn't matter though, armbar still in and "Big" John stops the contest. Stephens' cornerman is protesting the tap. After the fight, Thomas challenges boxing stars Floyd Mayweather, and the man who challenged UFC 155 lb. champion Sean Sherk, Kermit Cintron.

Din Thomas def. Jeremy Stephens via Submission (armbar) at 2:44 of Round 2.

Fight #3:
-Sean Salmon vs. Alan Belcher

Round 1: Salmon goes for a scoop slam early, but Belcher slaps on a guillotine choke. Trying to escape, Salmon gets stuck in Belcher's guard and taps out.

Alan Belcher def. Sean Salmon via Submission (guillotine choke) at 0:53 of Round 1.

Fight #4:
-James Irvin vs. Thiago Silva

Round 1: Irvin comes out landing a big punch and a leg kick. Silva shoots in for a takedown and the two force each other up against the cage. Irvin just suffered some sort of leg injury during this and the fight is stopped. Looks like a freak knee injury.

Thiago Silva def. James Irvin via TKO (injury stoppage) at 1:06 of Round 1.

PPV FIGHTS

Fight #5:
-Chris Leben vs. Kalib Starnes

Round 1: Round opens with the two feeling each other out. Leben is the more confident on the feet, Starnes the more aprehensive. Most of the round on the feet with Leben out-scoring Starnes until about a minute left, Starnes gets Leben down and controls him until the round ends. Near the end of the round, Starnes did some great ground and pound work.

Round 2: Definitely a Leben round. Starnes looks gassed. Most of the round on the feet with Leben out-striking Starnes and Starnes seemingly mentally out of the fight already.

Round 3: Another Leben round. Near a close finish for Leben on the feet with a strike, but no dice. Starnes had the last minute or so on the ground on top, but Leben was more active underneath anyways. 29-28 Leben at the worst, could even be some 30-27's.

Kalib Starnes def. Chris Leben via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28) after 3 Rounds.

Fight #6:
-Keith Jardine vs. Houston Alexander

Round 1: The most brutal knockout loss ever. And the winner - Houston Alexander. Early on, Jardine rocked Alexander with one shot - but that was it. Alexander proceeded to pummel the holy [censored] out of Jardine. To his credit, Jardine wouldn't go down for nearly anything - but eventually one of too many BOMB-like shots did the trick. Complete and brutal knockout.

Houston Alexander def. Keith Jardine via KO (strikes) in Round 1.

Fight #7:
-Ivan Salaverry vs. Terry Martin

Round 1: Terry Martin wins via TKO stoppage via slam. The round was all on the feet until the finish, which saw Martin somewhat Judo throw Salaverry - whom landed right on his head and seemed out. He turtled up and Martin landed a couple punches until the ref jumped in.

Terry Martin def. Ivan Salaverry via TKO (ref stoppage) at 2:04 of Round 1.

Fight #8:
-Karo Parisyan vs. Josh Burkman

Round 1: Great first round. These two are swinging INCREDIBLY hard. Parisyan is seemingly getting the better on the feet. Parisyan gets an awesome judo-throw also in the round. Burkman had his moments, but I'd go 10-9 Parisyan thus far.

Round 2: Another Parisyan round. This is a great fight. Whole round on the feet with Parisyan having more moments than Burkman. Not one-sided, but seems like a Parisyan fight. Then again, I was dead wrong on Leben-Starnes.

Round 3: Another Parisyan round, not as exciting as the first two but still a good round. Near the end, Burkman was completely gassed, but Parisyan was tired enough not to be able to capitalize. This should be 30-27 across the board, with only one round being arguable for Burkman.

Karo Parisyan def. Josh Burkman via Unanimous Decision after 3 Rounds.

Fight #9:
-Chuck Liddell (c) vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (UFC LHW Title)

Round 1: The upset trend continues - Liddell is knocked out cold with one shot! Rampage knocks out Chuck Liddell! Holy [censored] [censored]! I lost money betting, but am still happy! Figure that one out!

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson def. Chuck Liddell via KO (punch) in Round 1 to become UFC Light Heavyweight champion.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Round 1: The upset trend continues - Liddell is knocked out cold with one shot! Rampage knocks out Chuck Liddell! Holy [censored] [censored]! I lost money betting, but am still happy! Figure that one out!

[/ QUOTE ]

What odds did you lay on chuck winning?
Old 05-27-2007, 01:29 AM

Sorry, snowball, i copied that from MMAnews.com. I didn't actually bet on chuck. whoever wrote that did. I didn't actually read all the recaps, whoops didn't realize they were in the first person.

i did not bet on it, but i posted in the sports betting thread that i would have taken jackson while he was +200. That line was way too high for him i thought.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:32 AM

brag: i took jackson and won
beat: it was only for $5
lol
ship it.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:36 AM

Carmelo got beaten pretty quickly that really sucks. I know he was the underdog going in but it sounds like he just didn't perform. oh well.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:38 AM

Why does eveything I read call it an upset? Rampage beat chuck's ass in the 1st fight. I can't explain why the odds were so lopsided except for UFC fans betting on their poster boy.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does eveything I read call it an upset? Rampage beat chuck's ass in the 1st fight. I can't explain why the odds were so lopsided except for UFC fans betting on their poster boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck has dominated his division for 7 straight fights. He beat some really tough guys too. Tito Ortiz twice, Randy Couture twice, KO'd Jeremy Horn who hadn't been KO'd in like 100 fights. He hadn't lost in 4 years. Also, Quinton had lost his last two fights against top competition, to Rua and Silva, and looked very unimpressive in those losses. Anyone who thought quinton was the favorite was pretty nuts, and if you are just saying it now hindsight is 20/20.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:02 AM

Rampage def isn't a better fighter than Chuck but a tough match up. He is really hard to knock out and can win without the take down.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:07 AM

i have some sick .gifs from the fights if i can figure out how to get them posted on imageshack.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:11 AM

D.O.,

sick .gifs? wow, cool!

TRIP REPORT: I TOOK THE UNDER OF 3 ROUNDS AT +115 AND WON! SHIP THE DIME.