raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Guess the joke would have been more obvious if he just named himself, "GoPittsburghPirates_BucsIn06!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the obvious joke is someone who would be proud to be a Pittsburgh Pirates fan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, maybe that too.

But he came back with an even more obvious Pittsburgh reference as Terry Bradshaw and said, "I don't see why people think these are bots" and even making it THAT obvious (using a Steelers helmet as his avatar no less) he STILL got a serious response of, "How can you not think that!?!?! OMGZZZ!!!!!!"

So I think the general point is that people are way to interested in this issue to even see the incredibly obvious jokes at this point (and some people just don't know their Pittsburgh sports evidently)
Old 05-09-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone curious as to what FTP has to say about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im curious, but it doesnt really matter. It will be meaningless, they obviously don't care. Reading all the FTP threads in this forum over the months really makes me wonder why people still keep playing there tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good ads? I don't really know either.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I am completely uninterested in what they have to say.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have PMed FTPDoug and emailed support asking for then to address this thread. I've told them that if they dont I will leave FTP.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im curious, but it doesnt really matter. It will be meaningless, they obviously don't care. Reading all the FTP threads in this forum over the months really makes me wonder why people still keep playing there tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys I was being sarcastic/joking there. There have been about 50+ posts along the lines of 'When/what is FTP going to reply/say about this????!one'

I'm sure its on their radar as this thread has some major legs but my guess is they aren't just going to fire off some half assed reply. It could be awhile.

edit: damnit I can't type/spell/construct sentences properly
Old 05-09-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to disagree.

I'm impressed with FTPDoug's appearance on these forums and professionalism.

He didn't run off like a certain Party rep did when things got a little heated in the discussion about sucky software, etc.

But it really does start to feel more and more like just blowing smoke after a certain point.

"We're going to fix our security. We're doing it. We understand there are problems. Things will be better."

Well, at least the crazy frozen-account fiascos have seemingly slowed-down (but not stopped entirely it would appear).
But it still takes forever to hear back from them on some issues from what I've seen in some threads.

And their performance on this issue is certainly sub-par.

I always stray towards the hypothetical of "what if this happened on Stars?" and I always end up concluding that while things might have gotten a bit screwed-up somewhere in there because people DO make mistakes, it wouldn't have taken nearly as long to work it out somehow.

Also makes me wonder about the prevelance of bots on Stars games too of course.
Lots of tables there to hide in and not be noticed multi-botting.
But a single-bot that isn't part of a team or bot-network seemingly could go undetected for a long time (if ever).

I do trust that Stars is probably a bit better about catching such stuff. But that might be just my overall "stars rocks!!" type sentiment shining through.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:32 PM

FT will come out at some point and say they have closed down the bots' accounts and leave it at that. The only explanation for the bots to run for this long is FT's incompetence, and we will never a get a response because of that. Online poker sites simply dont care until we start bitching about it.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:33 PM

Also, datamining in not allowed on stars, so there is considerably less data out there to use in finding bots.

I don't get why this guy would want to use multiple bots rather than just using one and having him multitable, unless the program somehow doesn't work for more than one table.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why this guy would want to use multiple bots rather than just using one and having him multitable, unless the program somehow doesn't work for more than one table.

[/ QUOTE ]

He multi-tabled and used multiple accounts.