Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero II on XBOX360. I can\'t wait!

[ QUOTE ]
I have 5-starred all regular songs on expert except Misirlou and Carry me Home. I just can't keep a streak in Carry Me Home, and I think Misirlou is physically impossible to 5-star without cheating somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

On Carry me Home slow it down in practice and make sure to HOPO the fill (RBR) right before the RY BY RY phrase. Once you can nail that you should be able to hold a 4x multiplier for a pretty good while. Also the intro seems crazy; but it's all HOPO so you should be able to rack up around 20,000 on it even with a miss or two.

Edit: Also important on CmH: It was much easier for me to slide my hand on the (GGGGGG RB GGGGGG YRBR RY BY RY) section than use my pinky.

So try sliding your index finger and play the RB chord with your index and ring finger. Then on the next part hit the first Y with your middle finger instead of your ring finger so that you can anchor your index finger on the R button.

As for Misirlou- it's just [censored] hard to 5*. I have a metronome here so I set it to the right speed and tried to get it into my head before playing. It's generally agreed that Misirlou is the hardest non-bonus track to 5*. You just have to practice it alot. Once you can consistently score ~190k you have it. You just need a lucky run to get there.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:09 PM

carry me home, wow.. i can't get anywhere on hard. can't even get past the intro. i've done every other song on hard so far.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
carry me home, wow.. i can't get anywhere on hard. can't even get past the intro. i've done every other song on hard so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

keep practicing. i got stuck on a few last tier songs on hard for awhile, went back and 5* some 1st tier hard songs, and went back later. If you are bombing, you won't get better by playing the same song.

After awhile, you go from failing in the into to 5 star the song.

Gh3 comes out in 3 weeks, i cannot wait.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 AM

only have Jordan left after I beat six a bit ago...I'm almost to the blue note of freedom but just dont have enough chutzpa to get it.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just saw this t-shirt. Pretty funny, although it's the PS2 guitar.

http://www.bustedtees.com/shirt/airguitarhero/male

[/ QUOTE ]

does it come in lefty flip?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this and freya took me a long time on hard. just have to plug through.

i'm on freebird in hard mode now. got to 90% but need to practice the end of the solo its some new notes i haven't seen before.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:37 AM

I love it when I nail some difficult solo parts with out even realizing I'm doing it. it's a beautiful thing.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

keep practicing. i got stuck on a few last tier songs on hard for awhile, went back and 5* some 1st tier hard songs, and went back later. If you are bombing, you won't get better by playing the same song.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i nailed it today.. so random. couldn't get past the intro ever, then i went back and tried to 5 star a bunch i had missed. i didn't even read your post which is weird, that's exactly what you recommend. anyway i started doing carry me home today and just nailed it the first time.

now i gotta 5 star all hard songs.. ugh that is gonna be tough.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i nailed it today.. so random. couldn't get past the intro ever, then i went back and tried to 5 star a bunch i had missed. i didn't even read your post which is weird, that's exactly what you recommend. anyway i started doing carry me home today and just nailed it the first time.

now i gotta 5 star all hard songs.. ugh that is gonna be tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've been playing for about 4 months now, and I still haven't gotten The Trooper 5*. It's those damn triplets on the green I cant get a combo going. Also, Pyschobilly and One other song I am really close. I'm going to try to finish those off before GH3 comes out.

If you can't 5 star the hard songs, just go to expert, and beat the first 4=5 tiers, then go back to hard. AFter playing expert for awhile, hard is so much easier.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:08 PM

Hangar 18 FC

Jesus [censored] christ