Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Re: party is pulling out

How hard is it to change your address to some other country on Party? Do you have to provide proof of residence? Or are they going to just not accept play from computers with IP addresses from the US? Isn't there a way to work around both of those?

I don't even play Party but I'm curious.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

PartyGaming said in a statement, "If the President signs the act into law, the company will suspend all real money gaming business with U.S. residents."

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wish we could get a statement from Party clarifying this: the day the President signs, no further transactions (cashouts)? Or after he signs they'll announce when the ban on US players will go into effect?

I want to play on there as long as possible but don't want my monies confiscated.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PartyGaming said in a statement, "If the President signs the act into law, the company will suspend all real money gaming business with U.S. residents."

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wish we could get a statement from Party clarifying this: the day the President signs, no further transactions (cashouts)? Or after he signs they'll announce when the ban on US players will go into effect?

I want to play on there as long as possible but don't want my monies confiscated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and I sure as [censored] don't trust Party to make this clearer. I feel bad for the thousands of players who aren't as up to date on this as we are.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:56 AM

Does Canada have any warm proviences?

Vancouver Island rarely has snow - that's the best I can do for you.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would get my money out of Party ASAP. However, it is very unlikely they will confiscate the money. That would kill their nonUS business and maybe subject them to criminal penalties. Dutch Boyd did it, but I don't think anyone else will have the nerve to try it.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How hard is it to change your address to some other country on Party? Do you have to provide proof of residence? Or are they going to just not accept play from computers with IP addresses from the US? Isn't there a way to work around both of those?

[/ QUOTE ]I already set up an offshore account today + IP masking. Took 30 seconds. However, I have a lot of friends in Eastern Europe that I trust. As long as party still has games I will still be able to play.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I already set up an offshore account today + IP masking. Took 30 seconds. However, I have a lot of friends in Eastern Europe that I trust. As long as party still has games I will still be able to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

how did you do this
Old 10-02-2006, 12:06 PM

Looks like it's time for me to get my last $30 out of Party.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against who idiot?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:08 PM

question: If I have money at party, is now the time to cash it out... or do I have time?