View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Have you been to any Muay Thai fights? Are there many in the cities?
Old 09-28-2006, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know a good tailor who could make me a quality custom suit? I imagine it would be the price of a good off-the-rack suit instead of the $5kish it would cost anywhere else. I'm a little short for an American so it probably wouldn't be that out of the ordinary for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are all over the place here. I believe most of the suits that are made are silk.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:37 AM

There is a big Muay stadium here in Samui but I never went. Ive heard about some cool ones in Bangkok though.

There are MILLIONS of tailor shops all over Thailand. You can get suits dirt cheap.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:03 AM

OK serious question here.

When you rent a motorbike if it says "full insurance" and I pop a tire, is that covered or does it mean insurance if I run someone over? Because I rented a bike and got a flat. The place I rented it from is closed so I can't ask. Am I going to get owned by a huge fine here? Should I get it fixed before I return it? Is the rental place going to try to rip me off (Pop's something in Chiang Mai). Do they have that fix-a-flat [censored] in a can here? Where should I go?

An answer by 10am Thailand time would really kick ass here.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:07 AM

Dude, there are motorbike shops EVERYWHERE! A new tube will cost you 50 baht so just go and get it replaced. It MIGHT cost you 100 baht but dont pay more then that.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:08 AM

Actually, looking at the clock just now they might all be closed. You can get it fixed in the morning or just return the bike with the flat. When you return the bike they might not make you pay anything if you complain that their bike was a piece of [censored] and almost killed you. If anything pay them 100 baht and leave it at that.

Chok dee
Old 09-28-2006, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know a good tailor who could make me a quality custom suit? I imagine it would be the price of a good off-the-rack suit instead of the $5kish it would cost anywhere else. I'm a little short for an American so it probably wouldn't be that out of the ordinary for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

"suits" can be had for a couple hundred up to $1,000 for high end tailors in Hong Kong. But there are various quality levels in materials, tailors, etc. my buddy just got back from Hong Kong and got custom made shirts for $90ish each. This sounds expensive, but they were made by some of the best tailors in the world.

if you want to get a lot cheaper, you can.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:21 AM

Also what are you guys going to do about visas with that new 3 30 day visa thing where you can only be a "tourist" for 90 days then you have to leave for 90?

2+2 mansion would be awesome. It would probably come to like 250US per person per month for a super balla house.

I really want to live in Chiang Mai for a while and play poker. (not a balla though, would have to live cheap)

edit unless you superstars teach me
Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, there are motorbike shops EVERYWHERE! A new tube will cost you 50 baht so just go and get it replaced. It MIGHT cost you 100 baht but dont pay more then that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright thanks. After it went flat and I almost died I parked it at my guesthouse and walked to 3 shops but they were all closed. I'll get it taken care of tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:30 AM

In fall 08 when the 3 of us roll into Thailand, you can be sure we will be inquiring about balla mansions either by ourselves or with 2p2ers if interested.
Closed Thread