FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Your move?
Push 9 39.13%
Raise less than AI (specify) 13 56.52%
Limp 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Belgariad game thread

Why would the baddies attack pistolero? The chance of him being protected plus his 50% gave them a low success rate? They might as well remove a vocal, intelligent player right off the bat.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It actually seems like a pretty reasonable suggestion, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that it is exactly the type of suggestion I would make if I were a bad guy.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:52 PM

if they leave hints can't the assassin day kill + baddies night kill to take them out before they can give any info? or does the assassin's kill not shut the killee up immediately?

[ QUOTE ]
Why would the baddies attack pistolero? The chance of him being protected plus his 50% gave them a low success rate? They might as well remove a vocal, intelligent player right off the bat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the Sorcerers protect somebody with 50% protection when that costs them a sight?

You could very well be right, but my first thought when I saw the thread was the pistol or nobody would be dead today.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It actually seems like a pretty reasonable suggestion, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that it is exactly the type of suggestion I would make if I were a bad guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a bad guy, so start making some suggestions that are useful to the village.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:11 PM

WDC,

BTW, I think you're right about the fact that Polgara and Belgareth can't use both their angel and seer powers each night. I think they have to use one or the other.

As far as the Kyro angle for me, well, I've used the same strategy in previous games (including ones that you've played in and not made such a big deal about) and have stated openly so, too. I tend to find a player I trust and stick with them. Kyro is my default person, because he's generally pretty easy to spot when he's not a villager. Kyro was acting typical Kyro yesterday, IMO.

If you find fault in that, then fine. Kill me today and see where that gets you.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:14 PM

Elevens, I agree that Kyro was acting like a villager yesterday, and I don't remember you prior strategies. Like I said, I prefer Mdorand over you in any case, so you there is plenty of time for me to change my opinion.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:15 PM

I usually argue that the night kills are often done to confuse the village. That's a possibility here, because Kyro was acting... well, very Kyro. If we look at his list of people his suspected, it really doesn't narrow down any lists at all, I suppose. So, we have confusion.

It usually ends up being a seer hunt, but as it's already been mentioned, that doesn't seem possible at this point.

My guess is that he's just a strong player. Nothing more complicated than that.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:52 PM

I still think jonsan is a good vote.

BTW, I happened to think chuckles, pistolero(until he came out), and Jonsan were possibly bad, and i agreed with Kyro on his suspiciouns. Kyro was killed, and WDC fingers me? Kyro also voted WDC.

Somehow WDC, you think this implicates me? Because i thought kyro was acting like a villager (which he was one) and happened to agree with his suspicions? Gimme a break, its too early in this for metagame crap like that.

If I am killed tonight WDC will say that this list below is still full of villagers and to go in another direction.

List:

Jonsan
Chuckles
WDC
Pistolero (just because he didnt die)
Old 06-20-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My first vote goes to Andrew Karpinski. I don't think I want to give him time to execute any fancy plays. He also said he lacks the attention span for long games, I don't care to let that be a concern. If he defends himself I may reconsider.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm voting for wdcbooks

i said yesterday that i did not like the ak vote because of who he is...1/3 of us are bad guys (more now) and yet people wanna vote someone for who they are, not because they are acting wolfy for THEM

at least 1-2 of the early ak voters are likely wolves, so that's the route i'm going