Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Joe Seboks blog post - Re: Ikes play

the apology is acceptable...but I'm still not sold on Joe having any clue at the poker table.

he does not play side games, plays pretty limited online from what I understand, and I think has only been playing for 3 years. Someone please set the over/under on how much hands he has played that he says we are worse then him because he is a professional. I feel pretty confident I've played at least 4 times the amount of hands he has played
Old 07-11-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sebo thinks it is funny to get 2+2 all riled up. Checkout hte $3M Rabbi prop bet thread.

His blog post is probably just a troll to get 2+2ers riled up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be a prop bet between him and his dad, who can generate the biggest gossip thread on 2+2.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW do you happen to have almost 1.5 million in tourney cashes the past 3 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW do you realize how little that means? there are something like 20 WPT events alone at 5-10k(i think) a pop, not to mention numerous other side/smaller events ranging from 1-5 thousand a entry. honestly, 1.3 million in T winnings over three years could mean hes a losing MTT player for all you know.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:09 PM

[/ QUOTE ] honestly, 1.3 million in T winnings over three years could mean hes a losing MTT player for all you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I think somone might have drank some crack juice this morning. 1.1 is losing???
Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW do you happen to have almost 1.5 million in tourney cashes the past 3 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW do you realize how little that means? there are something like 20 WPT events alone at 5-10k(i think) a pop, not to mention numerous other side/smaller events ranging from 1-5 thousand a entry. honestly, 1.3 million in T winnings over three years could mean hes a losing MTT player for all you know.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm lets break it down. Joe started playing all the WPTs and such in 2006 and he has won 1.1 million dollars since then.

2006- 875K
1st half of 2007 - 300K

Kinda looks like he might be a winning player unless he has a penchant for hookers and blow. Why don't you guys play some 10k tourneys against the best in the world and tell me how easy it is?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 PM

If someone was stupid enough to pay full buy-ins for all the 10K events they could easily spend 750K a year. Of course, Ike did not have the money to do this until his final table cash which was recent, and doesn't seem dumb enough to do this either.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:15 PM

from PokerNews:[ QUOTE ]

There was a call of "All in and call on Table 66!" and as the camera crews and reporters hacked their way across the room Isaac Haxton stood up and said, "Come watch me suck out on Nick Binger!"

Binger held A-K, Haxton had K-10, so a suckout it would take for Haxton to stay in the Main Event. And suck out he did--the flop came down {4-Diamonds}{Q-Diamonds}{10-Spades}, and Haxton hit another Ten on the river to add insult to injury. He's now up to 65,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

so are Binger and Haxton friends? or is this SOP?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
from PokerNews:[ QUOTE ]

There was a call of "All in and call on Table 66!" and as the camera crews and reporters hacked their way across the room Isaac Haxton stood up and said, "Come watch me suck out on Nick Binger!"

Binger held A-K, Haxton had K-10, so a suckout it would take for Haxton to stay in the Main Event. And suck out he did--the flop came down {4-Diamonds}{Q-Diamonds}{10-Spades}, and Haxton hit another Ten on the river to add insult to injury. He's now up to 65,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure those two are friends, no way he says that after all these recent events, to someone he's not boys with.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:23 PM

Seems to me that he (Sebok) was simply describing the situation as he saw it in a blog where he is pretty much committed to sharing with his readers how his tournament went, why, and his reaction to it. What would you have had him write?

This wasn't a passage in a book after all; it was something written for a blog (and mentioned, rather humourously in fact, on his internet radio show). Seems to me that the critics here are holding him to too high a standard; either that or are biased by their affection for the Haxman.

Anyway, the play can clearly be seen in many different ways (beauty of poker) and Sebok's is just one, and honestly can not be considered an awful one.

The guy is just trying to share his experience of going from an amateur to a full-time pro with those who are interested, and i'm not sure it's very classy to jump all over him for that; best i think, when you disagree, to just ignore him.

Besides, while there is no doubt that it furthers his career/fame and that he gets satisfaction from it, there seems a sincerity to the openness with which he lives his life. I for one am inclined to like the guy, seriously consider his perspectives, and certainly-- and most of all-- to appreciate his professional approach.

My two cents for what it's worth (make that 1.8 cents once the house gets their cut).

Edit: This post is not in fact a reply to Bavid Denyamine-- i'm just too much a forum newbie to figure out how to post a message without replying to someone else's.

<--- Forum Donkey
Old 07-17-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are we defining pro and why does Joe get to be one when Ike isn't?

As far as i can tell, "pro" tends to be whoever owns the wang that Cardplayer wants to mouthify.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think after a post like that you need to change your location to "229 lbs. of funniness."

p.s. I'm not that attracted to Cardplayer, but i'd let it mouthify me as long as it didn't expect it to lead to any kind of long-term relationship.