Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Trip report/ask me about time in maximum (and minimum) security pr

greatest thread i've ever read on 2p2 as far as im concerned (edging "stabbed by poker" and "sup bro"). good hand sir.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:20 AM

Don't think I saw this asked, so were there any prisoners who received special treatment while in jail? I am again thinking of movies/tv like Goodfellas and 'The Wire' where bigshot criminals are able to enjoy a good quality of life while in the can and get special treatment from guards. If such a dynamic exists in real life, how does it play out?

Did you feel your lawyer worked his hardest for you/got you the best deal possible?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:03 AM

great read...thanks for writing.....my 2nd favorite of all time next to degens thailand thread for obvious reasons
Old 12-12-2006, 02:05 AM

There was another prison thread just a month or few ago that y'all should also look up if you liked this one.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:37 AM

Question for you:

I am white, 5'8 150 (pretty fit but not like im gonna scare anyone)
Now normally i would be approached the arryans however, i am also jewish.
Now i dont have a big nose or anything sterotypical jewish.
But i do have brown hair/eyes.
If the arryans would find out would i be dead shortly thereafter? and if i really needed protection could i join the arryans or would they find out?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:44 AM

FWIW, I respected your opinions, sports analysis, and ACL injury advice before this post. This post - solid stuff.

Have you considered writing a "How to survive prison guide" for people who made one stupid mistake and have to deal with the physical and mental anguish of prison life? I'd buy a copy just for a perspective read.

Reading this makes me hate the [censored] criminal justice system even more. I was an advocate for drug law reform, lighter sentences for 1st time and light offenders, and much heavier sentences and capital punishment for those who truly threaten society. My position has just been bolstered.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:48 AM

I know you are making good money playing poker now, but I feel for your situation as far as the job search goes. I know someone who has a prior and is having an incredibly difficult time finding a job for a college grad. The only advice I can offer is concentrate on small companies who might not think to perform a background check.
I can't believe your girlfriend stuck by you through prison, but then broke it off during house arrest. I guess it must have been too difficult seeing you every day, but not being able to enjoy the relationship as it had been.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:56 AM

wow, great thread, you must really feel like your got totally bad beat by the whole situation.
I mean, seriously, if 1000 people carried the same amount of drugs you had, probaly no more than 10 of them would get caught, and maybe 1-2 would get sentenced as bad as you.
It sounds like you just got totally [censored] unlucky.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:24 AM

Great post MT2R.

I'm glad that you have taken this experience as rolling over a speed bump instead of running into a brick wall.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread.

As a current UofI student, I have not run into anyone using illegal drugs (besides weed, of course). I do not hang out in social circles that use drugs recreationally, so I'm not familiar with all of the different types of drugs, what the effects are, etc.

When you were here, did you notice a trend of hard-drug usage among certain groups of people (i.e. Greek houses or other campus organizations) or was it scattered randomly throughout campus? I've heard rumors of certain houses who incorporate hard drugs into initiations and the like.

Also, just for kicks, what APT. complex did you live in before and after your prison term?

(OT) What are your thoughts on Ron Zook? Prediction for next years football team? I've sat through 13 games in my 1.5 years here and well...it's mostly miserable (exception OSU this year).

Again, thanks for doing this. Great thread.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great post MT2R.

I'm glad that you have taken this experience as rolling over a speed bump instead of running into a brick wall.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread.

As a current UofI student, I have not run into anyone using illegal drugs (besides weed, of course). I do not hang out in social circles that use drugs recreationally, so I'm not familiar with all of the different types of drugs, what the effects are, etc.

When you were here, did you notice a trend of hard-drug usage among certain groups of people (i.e. Greek houses or other campus organizations) or was it scattered randomly throughout campus? I've heard rumors of certain houses who incorporate hard drugs into initiations and the like.

Also, just for kicks, what APT. complex did you live in before and after your prison term?

(OT) What are your thoughts on Ron Zook? Prediction for next years football team? I've sat through 13 games in my 1.5 years here and well...it's mostly miserable (exception OSU this year).

Again, thanks for doing this. Great thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

sidenote: about uiuc two of my friends were caught with weed and other drugs and they were able to withdraw (as opposed to being expelled) so they have a chance to transfer to a decent school.