Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Sopranos Season Finale Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
no John from Cincinatti thread yet, but I wanted your opinion,(as a big Milch fan too), was it worth watching? I was too dumbfounded to watch it right after Sopranos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to say about it except that I felt like I was high on drugs while watching it.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AG suggests that it's silly to imagine that Tony is dead, countering with, "Who do you think wanted him dead?"

[/ QUOTE ]

just incase "AG" is me, i said nothing of that sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize for putting words into your mouth.

As poorly as I interpreted your meaning, I think it's safe to say that we can all disregard my interpretation of the show's final scene.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And who the hell is Carlo and how/why can he hurt Tony? And why should we care about this betrayal exactly? What a lazy & sloppy way to bring law enforcement heat on Tony.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carlo Gervasi ran the crew which was previously run by Vito Spatafore, Ralph Cifaretto, and Richie Aprile. Paulie took over the job at the end of the episode.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:51 AM

It would seem weird for Tony to die while a song saying "it goes on and on and on and on" was playing in the background.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would seem weird for Tony to die while a song saying "it goes on and on and on and on" was playing in the background.

[/ QUOTE ]

except the music suddenly was cut....
Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends how you interpret it - maybe it's the killing that takes place in the mafia overall that "goes on and on" - and Tony is just a part of it all.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT TO ADD: The camera's normal perspective, when shooting a person, is at eye-level. The final shot of Meadow walking toward the camera, the perspective is much lower, as if the cameraman was seated in that booth. We're looking through Tony's eyes! We see Meadow walking towards us. We are focused on her, we have almost no peripheral vision, no hint of impending danger...and suddenly, the lights go out. We're looking through Tony's eyes, and the lights go out!

[/ QUOTE ]

This analysis would be very interesting if we had actually seen Meadow in the last seconds of the show. The last time we see Meadow is while she is still outside the cafe. The final shot before silence is a view of Tony. Specifically, we see Tony looking up when somebody (presumably Meadow) enters the cafe.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:10 AM

Default What was the Sopranos about?

The general consensus seems to be that whether or not Tony died in that last scene is unimportant and serves no purpose to the show. It's fairly unique that the death of a show's main character can be so irrelevant. Which leads me to wonder what every really got from the Sopranos. More specifically, I wonder about your views on the shows purpose.

So, in your opinions, what was the show about? Do you think it started with this intent or picked up new themes throughout the seasons?

I think a lot of the show is an obvious social commentary. Nothing groundmaking in that claim. But, didn't take the Sopranos seriously until a few seaons ago, so I'm not sure if it had the same tone in the early years. Was it always like this?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: What was the Sopranos about?

Does anyone know the name of the Bob Dylan song that was playing before AJ's car started on fire?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: What was the Sopranos about?

I lol'ed at this reaction from Yahoo:

"I get it! Chase whacked us!"