Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Ask me about Adolf Hitler.

[ QUOTE ]
microbet,

The only thing that sucks more than your arguments is your MSPaint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which argument sucks?

Are you also claiming Hitler was one of the best read people in the entire history of the world and that he remembered everything he read?
Old 09-02-2007, 12:48 AM

I think you guys getting all pissed off at OP for being interested in Hitler are just proving his point... Hitler is probably the most polarizing guy ever, and that at least makes him interesting if nothing else.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hitler was not a literate one trick pony. It is very possible that Hitler was more widely read than just about anyone that ever lived (if not it would be close.) And he remembered everything he ever read. For the years when he was busto all he did was read books from the library. He read everything he could on art, theatre, opera, architecture, politics, history, etc.

This is why everyone had such trouble disputing his arguments, he had such a voluminous knowledge of everything that he could just exhibit pedantic displays of information overload until the opponent would retreat, feeling intellectually inferior.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read a lot of this thread, but I caught this piece of [censored] hero worship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude wtf.

Every word of that is probably true.

Doesn't mean he wasn't also a pathetic walking cancer who somehow got his hands on the wheel. I don't think anybody's suggesting otherwise. Why trip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every word?

"It's very possible that Hitler was more widely read than just about anyone who ever lived"

Come the [censored] on. There was this crazy dude who lived next across the hall from me in college who was about 40 and did absolutely nothing but study and study all sorts of things. He was getting his PhD in math, but also knew just about everything in a ton of fields. He was batshit insane and his room was filled with books all the way to the ceiling with about 12 inch pathways for him to move.

Did OP consider this guy in his anaysis of whether Hitler was one of the best read people of all time?

"And he remembered everything he ever read"

WTF? I guess Hitler was the biggest speed reading genius in the entire history of the world. [censored], he must have known as much 10 PhDs put together. Damn he could have totally kicked Ken Jenning's ass in Jeopardy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Hitler pretty much was that crazy guy. For years all he did was sit in a room reading books from the local library and hang out with a friend named August Kubizek who is the historical record for Hitler at this time.. At this time he was living on inheritance from his deceased Mother.

Obviously I was wrong if this guy reads as much as you say he does. But is he retaining what he reads? And how am I possibly supposed to know about the existence of all these hermit super readers?
Old 09-02-2007, 12:52 AM

microbet,

Your "contributions" to this thread are clear trolling attempts. Stop.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys getting all pissed off at OP for being interested in Hitler are just proving his point... Hitler is probably the most polarizing guy ever, and that at least makes him interesting if nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say he's that polarizing. I think a pretty strong majority of people are against.

A lot of people are going to be suspicious that someone who studies Hitler that much idolizes him.

If he wants to allay those suspicions he might avoid hyperbole about how smart Hitler was or calling him "that Hitler fella."
Old 09-02-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say he's that polarizing. I think a pretty strong majority of people are against.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, "polarizing" was the wrong word... but he incites an emotional response moreso than maybe anyone else, and that makes him interesting.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mothfucking

[/ QUOTE ]
His dick was that small?
Old 09-02-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
microbet,

Your "contributions" to this thread are clear trolling attempts. Stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure what the definition of trolling is. I think of it as some kind of playful attempts at making argument for the fun of it. I'm not having fun. I'm Jewish. Yes, I'm sensitive to this issue. I tried to give it the benefit of doubt, but [censored] like "that Hitler fella" and being the best read person in history with a photographic memory is definitely pushing my buttons.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:06 AM

Let's just presume that he was the best read person in history and had a photographic memory. Why does that bother you? Would you prefer to see him as a dullard?

Is everyone that ever wrote a book about Hitler or made a movie about him gloryfying him? Even Bruno Ganz the Jewish actor said he didn't hate Hitler. He said he would never be able to play the role of someone that he hated. There is an interview with him from the Downfall DVD.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, "polarizing" was the wrong word... but he incites an emotional response moreso than maybe anyone else, and that makes him interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I was writing some things It occured to me that reason why he may seem like such anathema in more ways than Stalin or Mao to people is that he made persecution a part of the popular culture in his country.

I can't think of any other persecutor that has done this, but I may be forgetting someone.