Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: FTP locks my account for excess transfers, refuse to answer emails

[ QUOTE ]
A phrase that's stuck out to me in a few pieces of the correspondence so far is "sufficient play through." Has anyone given you any specifics on what that means? For example, if you play a bunch and generate rake to cover the costs and such, then transfer it to someone who immediately cashes out, is that OK? Do they expect the recipient to also play a bunch? The other way around? How much is "sufficient?"

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't answer any of these questions.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A phrase that's stuck out to me in a few pieces of the correspondence so far is "sufficient play through." Has anyone given you any specifics on what that means? For example, if you play a bunch and generate rake to cover the costs and such, then transfer it to someone who immediately cashes out, is that OK? Do they expect the recipient to also play a bunch? The other way around? How much is "sufficient?"

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't answer any of these questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

they do indeed not bother with this, i asked them at least twice about this and got no satisfactory answer at all, gave up on it...
Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did your friend tell you it was OK over a drink or by his FTP e-mail address?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kyle what is the answer to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sorry, I missed this. It was over drinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was an extremely bad error of judgement, imo. I hope you have at least learned from it that in all walks of life in very important matters you should obtain a paper record of "contract".

Obviously you must have known how sensitive such a subject as transferring money to so many different people would be in the current climate, so receiving a formal FTP e-mail reply to your questions, even from a friend, should have been a prerequisite before you started such an iffy venture, using their offices to get round difficulties and to minimise your costs. Let alone for cementing the intricacies of the deal, to ensure that you and your friend were on exactly the same page. Now that I've heard this, I am far less surprised that your friend's senior bosses don't seem to be taking much heed of his side of the story, assuming even that he has confirmed that he knew precisely and agreed with your intentions.

By the way, how long ago did you arrange this with your friend? I think FTP is in Dublin, Ireland, isn't it? Were you over here recently, or did he risk visiting the US?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:09 PM

The main offices are in Dublin, but the support division is elsewhere. I don't think Full Tilt would want me to disclose that information, so I won't go into detail on that aspect.

As for bad judgement, maybe it was, but I was in constant contact with him throughout the agreement. Furthermore, he told me that other supervisors would take care of the accounts as necessary, leading me to believe that all of the people at FTP were on the same page.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously you must have known how sensitive such a subject as transferring money to so many different people would be in the current climate, so receiving a formal FTP e-mail reply to your questions, even from a friend, should have been a prerequisite before you started such an iffy venture, using their offices to get round difficulties and to minimise your costs. Let alone for cementing the intricacies of the deal, to ensure that you and your friend were on exactly the same page.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just thinking maybe this isn't such an unusual thing? I've only assumed it is.

Maybe your friend knows of dozens of others who are doing the same thing, and that is why he was so certain that it was perfectly in order to transfer money to so many different people and that he didn't even need to check with his bosses?

If this is the case, check that he's told the bosses, as that would help your case, I'd say.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The main offices are in Dublin, but the support division is elsewhere. I don't think Full Tilt would want me to disclose that information, so I won't go into detail on that aspect.

As for bad judgement, maybe it was, but I was in constant contact with him throughout the agreement. Furthermore, he told me that other supervisors would take care of the accounts as necessary, leading me to believe that all of the people at FTP were on the same page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

So when did you ask him?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:12 PM

Well before I started the transfers. I cleared it with him before I did anything.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:28 PM

Thanks again.

I'm not really meaning to press you on it, but because I know a little about the current management structure of FTP, the more I think about it the more strange it seems to me that a current Supervisor would even think he had the authority to tell you what he did. Without him referring to his bosses is quite extraordinary, to my mind, for such a sensitive matter.

It wasn't always this way, obviously, so I'm trying to get a timeline on things.

Did he tell you it would be ok two months ago? Eight months ago? A year ago? How long ago, in months?

And when did you start "serious" (numerous; regular) transfers via FTP?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:35 PM

Three to four months ago, I'd say. Serious transfers about that same time as well.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:25 PM

Ive never played on FTP and I never will. I came to that conclusion a long time ago (soooo many threads about how awful they are in here), just felt like reiterating it again.
Closed Thread