View Poll Results: Is the Image real photo? 13
Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

[ QUOTE ]
So people know, this wasnt the entire chat, yoguh and I were talking basically that whole day, we had HOURS of conversation about talking about what stakes I was playing and he was also cheering me on, and you guys should really drop the 75/150 thing, considering half of our action was sold to somebody else when I played 75/150, so I was actually playing 37.5/75 for us. I also won while playing those limits during our stake. Yoguh was watching me play 75/150 and agreed to it as well in our chats and was "cheering" me on. Two other 2p2'ers took the other half on the 2 sessions I played of 75/150, and profited handsomely.

Yoguh knew this was a stake, he's staked people before, so he obviously knows how staking works, and that's what I assumed with reasonable evidence of him staking others before, so he cant really play dumb and not know what staking was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um we talked for about 5 minutes about the whole staking thing. If I knew it was a stake, why would I be upset if you lost.

Why wouldn't I be "cheering you on" when I think it's risk free on my part and that these are the normal stakes you play and if you lost I would get the 60k back when your people paid you back.

I've staked one person before in my life, and that was like 2 years ago.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Filth-

I'll put up the makup stake, and we'll chop the 60k 50/50. Deal?

-Neutrality

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems like a resolution, especially coming from BoostedJ's friend

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. OP you are one naive MOFO IMO. Wrong me once, it's your fault. Wrong me twice...

If the first 30k was truly a loan and not converted into a stake as indicated by the OP, then there is no way that your 50/50 chop of the 60k is reasonable. If anything, you're just getting screwed out of at least 15k here. And having one of Boosted's buddies come to your "aid", is nothing more than screwing you further. If you don't see this, then I hate to say it, but you get what you deserve.

As for Boosted, well this whole thread is a bit one sided, not in your favor. My advice to you (not that you're asking), is to clear this up equitably, and expeditiously. Plus, shed some more light from your side. There's obviously 2 sides to every story. The jury's still out on this one, but the OP's original post makes you look like a piece of s**t. If you don't want this to tarnish your rep, as I'm sure you don't, then you should come clean. And further, make a "fair" arrangement with the OP. From an outsider's perspective, this thread is very damaging to your rep right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if the first 30k was a loan or not because I thought I was getting it all back anyway. But later boosted did tell me his account had however much in it so that's where we'll start counting profits, and he did include the whole 60k.. so I don't know have a strong argument that the first 30k was a loan.

I would have liked someone else to put out the stake.. someone we both knew, but boosted pretty much insisted on having his friend stake him. Perhaps so his friend can profit instead of 2 other random guys.

I mean his friend sent him 50k for 10/20. It's pretty much impossible to lose that stake. And this thing is so publicised already.. and I know boosted wants to repair his rep and to make back 30k for me would definitely build some trust and confidence back for everyone.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So people know, this wasnt the entire chat, yoguh and I were talking basically that whole day, we had HOURS of conversation about talking about what stakes I was playing and he was also cheering me on, and you guys should really drop the 75/150 thing, considering half of our action was sold to somebody else when I played 75/150, so I was actually playing 37.5/75 for us. I also won while playing those limits during our stake. Yoguh was watching me play 75/150 and agreed to it as well in our chats and was "cheering" me on. Two other 2p2'ers took the other half on the 2 sessions I played of 75/150, and profited handsomely.

Yoguh knew this was a stake, he's staked people before, so he obviously knows how staking works, and that's what I assumed with reasonable evidence of him staking others before, so he cant really play dumb and not know what staking was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um we talked for about 5 minutes about the whole staking thing. If I knew it was a stake, why would I be upset if you lost.

Why wouldn't I be "cheering you on" when I think it's risk free on my part and that these are the normal stakes you play and if you lost I would get the 60k back when your people paid you back.

I've staked one person before in my life, and that was like 2 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

And boosted is supposed to have this 'street cred' or whatever? I wonder if he ever came across 'scams' growing up on the mean streets of Florida or if the concept is completely foreign to him.

When am I going to repay you??? What are you talking about??? It was a "staking deal" for the full 60K (sorry sucka!)
Old 05-19-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no....the stake was for $60k. I borrowed $30k at first, and then paid it back essentially so he could stake me, and he staked me for $60k total. Well, $60k or whatever else he might send more if I lost

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... this is not true. I sent you 30k one day.. and 30k the next day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its pretty crystal clear at this point what happened. The only question is if boosted is gonna man up and make restitution (as well as discontinuing his vague loan/risk free stake scam operation).
Old 05-19-2007, 07:33 PM

LOL, this thread is so good. Custom titles for bk and Boosted please. More on who is thed G'd uppest.

Also Boosted has obv just bought a gatt, and has an itchy finger to blam dis sucka, durrbrains.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:03 PM

Actually, Boosted, I know that someone is staking you for 25/50 on FTP right now.. and that's what you've been playing all day.

And I know we already made a deal that neutrality would stake you 50k for 10/20.. and I would get 50% up to 30k... but that just doesn't make much sense. It would be a better use of your time to play 25/50.. so just send me 30k now and I'll eat the loss of the other 30k. send me 30k and forget the makeup.

i just want this to be over with and i mean, essentially this the same thing since you'll have to send me 30k eventually but it saves you a bunch of time. it's pretty much impossible to lose 50k at 10/20.. and you'll be playing it for 0% of the profits.. and it'll clear up your name instantly.. instead of having people wonder if you'll actually pay me anything back.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:14 PM

I'd say there was an honest misunderstanding with both parties somewhat to blame. It sounds as if they both thought they were getting a deal that's too good to be true.

Playing nosebleed with only 4 buyins was unfair to OP as a staking agreement because it was a huge freeroll for Boosted. On the other hand if OP gets the full stake back, the situation has become a freeroll for him. Since OP would have got half the profits if things went well, he should bear half the losses. He should get 30k back and no more.

LOL at all the e-gangsta crap.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, Boosted, I know that someone is staking you for 25/50 on FTP right now.. and that's what you've been playing all day.

And I know we already made a deal that neutrality would stake you 50k for 10/20.. and I would get 50% up to 30k... but that just doesn't make much sense. It would be a better use of your time to play 25/50.. so just send me 30k now and I'll eat the loss of the other 30k. send me 30k and forget the makeup.

i just want this to be over with and i mean, essentially this the same thing since you'll have to send me 30k eventually but it saves you a bunch of time. it's pretty much impossible to lose 50k at 10/20.. and you'll be playing it for 0% of the profits.. and it'll clear up your name instantly.. instead of having people wonder if you'll actually pay me anything back.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then I can't pm him and ask him to dump to me for a 50/50 split where he 'looses' the 50K lol

reputations sure are important
Old 05-19-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know justin thru many aim convos and meeting him in the PCA. i have trusted him many times w/ 5 figures of my own $, and would do it again. in all my dealings he's very standup and honest. ill prob read this thread at some point, but if anyone has personal issues w/ boosted, he has at least treated this HS player fairly & w/ respect.

this is yellowsub posting on tdomeski's acct

[/ QUOTE ]

Vouching for Boosted's character under a false name, with OJ's mugshot as your avatar. Does anyone else see the irony in this? lol.

"I couldn't have done it OP, the glove doesn't fit!" - Boosted J [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2007, 08:42 PM

Can someone please explain to me why boosted and the OP would both be dumb enough to allow such a situation to occur.

And I found it retarded / laughable that neither has posted a pic of their transfer history since Boosted said that he recieved the first 30k just minutes before the second 30k, while OP said the transfer happened the previous day. How are there no screenshots of this since a screenshot will surely damage one parties credibility.
Closed Thread