Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Considering I still have no clue who the guy is and I keep reading as these adoring fans concoct really off-the-wall scenarios to justify what happened, "surreal" is a generous understatement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Tuq let me put it in a way so you'll understand. Think of it like this, Chris Benoit is the wrestling equivalent of Steve Nash. A consumate professional and the most unselfish performer in the sport, works his butt off and finally getting his due. If one day you hear Steve Nash killed his family, you'll find that hard to believe too.

Now if it was Pacman Jones, we wouldn't be concocting scenerios like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

this actually clears up my thoughts. I wasnt sure what to think in regards to the speculation, but if he is equivalent to steve nash (because I know a little more about bball), I wouldnt in a million years think something like this would happen.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Chris Benoit have super fanatic followers? I remember when Kurt Cobain killed himself there were some copycat suicides that followed. I'm just really hoping that wrestling's depressed fans don't go and kill their family and themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, this is the stupidest thing I've read in this thread. You have to be leveling, right?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't know who he is and can't be bothered to find out anything on your own or by reading the thread, why the eff are you posting here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty goddamned simple. When I took time off from the forums (lol) the thread was just getting started; when I next logged in there were like 150+ more posts. By far the most active topic in the forums.

I went to cnn.com, Drudge Report, and ESPN.com, and until the last hour nobody was running anything of interest regarding this story. And yet this thread grew and grew with people mourning about some dude I'd never heard of. Definitely a bit of unintended rubbernecking, and to address your post above I read the entire thread before responding.

I wrote a bit more, but I deleted it. Your post was dickish and unnecessary, but since this guy seems to mean a lot to a lot of people in this thread I'll GTFO and let the facts sort themselves out, as I'm not trying to troll anyone.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do your research you ignoramus. Nobody blames Vince when a WWE star has a tragedy due to roids use. Just do your research into Vince and steroids use in the WWE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never read a Phil Mushnick article in the NY Post then I assume. Expect his latest anti-McMahon article in Wednesday's paper at the latest.

[/ QUOTE ]

mushinick is seriously the worst person ever to live, i can't believe somebody pays that guy to write words.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:35 AM

Default McMahon PressCon

McMahon PressCon
Old 06-26-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: McMahon PressCon

[ QUOTE ]
McMahon PressCon

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you suck. It's a [censored] Rickroll everyone.

EDIT: I'm not pissed because you did it in this thread, but because you did a [censored] rickroll within 20 posts at this forum. Super lame.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: McMahon PressCon

[ QUOTE ]
McMahon PressCon

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious
Old 06-26-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been surprised at how reserved most of the fans have been. The real idiots and douchebags are the ones who come here and make fun of fans or Benoit himself, or go throwing out baseless accusations about how he MUST have killed his fmaily and he sucks so hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
BTW and FWIW you are officially losing your mind. I don't see a bunch of people making fun of fans or Benoit, I see people stating likely facts that probably shouldn't be brought up in what appears to be a mourning thread. "Too early" if you will. Settle down.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok Tuq let me put it in a way so you'll understand. Think of it like this, Chris Benoit is the wrestling equivalent of Steve Nash. A consumate professional and the most unselfish performer in the sport, works his butt off and finally getting his due. If one day you hear Steve Nash killed his family, you'll find that hard to believe too.

Now if it was Pacman Jones, we wouldn't be concocting scenerios like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

To make this even more accessible for this forum, this would be along the lines of Barry Greenstein committing a double-murder homicide. Just completely out-of-character.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't know who he is and can't be bothered to find out anything on your own or by reading the thread, why the eff are you posting here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty goddamned simple. When I took time off from the forums (lol) the thread was just getting started; when I next logged in there were like 150+ more posts. By far the most active topic in the forums.

I went to cnn.com, Drudge Report, and ESPN.com, and until the last hour nobody was running anything of interest regarding this story. And yet this thread grew and grew with people mourning about some dude I'd never heard of. Definitely a bit of unintended rubbernecking, and to address your post above I read the entire thread before responding.

I wrote a bit more, but I deleted it. Your post was dickish and unnecessary, but since this guy seems to mean a lot to a lot of people in this thread I'll GTFO and let the facts sort themselves out, as I'm not trying to troll anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tee-you-queue,

I normally have no problem with you. I'm not some obsessed fanboi either, but what you did write seemed to come off pretty dickish, hence my dickish response. People tend to just come out and say "I don't know who he is and wrestling is fake, you guys are all morans", so...yeah. People don't like seeing their favorite entertainers die. Its not like family or friends, but its still pretty shocking.