Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who pays for your education?
Parents 117 33.52%
Other relatives 10 2.87%
Student loans 52 14.90%
Financial aid 69 19.77%
You 87 24.93%
other 14 4.01%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Barry Bonds indicted

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

people tend to ignore these facts, and with good reason. if testimony is so important to the u.s. justice system, then where is niss/oski's outrage over illegally leaked testimony and the concept of privacy?

[/ QUOTE ]

riding shotgun to their love for the negro community obv

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I am confortable with the implication you are making. I would like you to explain your comment or retract it altogether.

To be quite honest, I am surprised you are a moderator (not that you are a moderator, per se, but that you even know how to use a computer and keyboard).

** By the way, as the guy who did the Ice Man, Brown Thumb, Bump-en-Stein gimmick way back in the day (before you even got here) maybe you should cut me a bit of slack on actually changing my title to dumbest hick ever (or whatever). I don't ask for much, but you are kind of out of line here in many respects.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:06 AM

i am saying that there is a large element of racism underlying peoples' hostility to bonds.

re: me being too dumb to use a keyboard, i am not the one with 'dumbest [censored] hick ever' as his undertitle. internets don't lie, looks like you are the chump here sir.

i am not claiming to a be a legal luminary. i am saying it is stupid for anyone to be threatened with spending the rest of his life in jail for allegedly lying to what amounts to a lynch mob, convened by well-connected owners of a multi-billion dollar franchise to protect a [censored] sports record.

also, you are the one who said, 'go ahead and change my title,' if you don't want it, simply say so and i'll remove it.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am saying that there is a large element of racism underlying peoples' hostility to bonds.

re: me being too dumb to use a keyboard, i am not the one with 'dumbest [censored] hick ever' as his undertitle. internets don't lie, looks like you are the chump here sir.

i am not claiming to a be a legal luminary. i am saying it is stupid for anyone to be threatened with spending the rest of his life in jail for allegedly lying to what amounts to a lynch mob, convened by well-connected owners of a multi-billion dollar franchise to protect a [censored] sports record.

also, you are the one who said, 'go ahead and change my title,' if you don't want it, simply say so and i'll remove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, and you are implicating me in that statement. That is way beyond the pale and you should start thinking about an appropriate apology.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it, and I meant it. I don't really agree with your reasoning for doing so, but if you think that is an appropriate title for me given my participation in this thread, so be it.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 AM

yeah start holding your breath for that apology please. lol.

don't give me this satyagrah crap with the title. you said change it so i did. if you want it changed back i will. i'm not making a value judgment, you made a request and i honored it.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why did you add an apostrophe to the end of it?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:14 AM

drunken cut-and-paste mishap obvv
Old 11-16-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am quite sure that if you did claim to be a legal liminary, it would be rejected out of hand.

What is even more stupid is to be a high-profile person with millions of dollars who does not realize that he should seek appropriate counsel before lying to a grand jury and running the risk of spending time in jail.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah start holding your breath for that apology please. lol.

don't give me this satyagrah crap with the title. you said change it so i did. if you want it changed back i will. i'm not making a value judgment, you made a request and i honored it.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time, I didn't realize that you can't read. I didn't ask you to change the title, I asked you to do so if you saw fit.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:17 AM

and what is even more stupid than that is anyone who claims that it is a worthwhile expenditure of government resources to prosecute someone for trying to evade a farcical legal proceeding convened with the specific purpose of illegitimately harassing and entrapping him.

i don't need a law degree to tell you this is the dumbest [censored] thing i've ever seen.