Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Neteller conversation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm one of the people who fired off EFT transfers before this went down, but the transfers say accepted and the money isn't pending or available in my other bank account. When I called them, I was told since I started the transfers on the 16th, they would be available in a couple days. Is this definitely BS and it will be 2 weeks? Also, my understanding is that the reason for the delay is their third party processor for EFTs (which is what the rep told me on the phone after I asked about it, but she said that wouldn't apply to me based on when I started the transfers). If that's the case, does anyone have any information on precisely why there would be such a delay? I would be less concerned if Neteller had given different people consistent answers, or if I understood precisely what I'm dealing with with this 3rd party delay in terms of risk. It's awkward for so much money to not be shown as existing anywhere. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started mine on Jan. 13th and I still have yet to receive the money to my checking account. It said that it was accepted on Jan. 16th and my NT account balance has been zero since that date. Money into the ether. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

started mine on the 9th, was told 2 more days this morning.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm one of the people who fired off EFT transfers before this went down, but the transfers say accepted and the money isn't pending or available in my other bank account. When I called them, I was told since I started the transfers on the 16th, they would be available in a couple days. Is this definitely BS and it will be 2 weeks? Also, my understanding is that the reason for the delay is their third party processor for EFTs (which is what the rep told me on the phone after I asked about it, but she said that wouldn't apply to me based on when I started the transfers). If that's the case, does anyone have any information on precisely why there would be such a delay? I would be less concerned if Neteller had given different people consistent answers, or if I understood precisely what I'm dealing with with this 3rd party delay in terms of risk. It's awkward for so much money to not be shown as existing anywhere. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started mine on Jan. 13th and I still have yet to receive the money to my checking account. It said that it was accepted on Jan. 16th and my NT account balance has been zero since that date. Money into the ether. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so, i guess i can stop checking my bank account like every 45 seconds! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, the 9th? I did a withdrawal on Jan 7th and had the money on Jan 9th.

I then made a deposit on Sunday, Jan 13th. The money left my bank account on Tuesday and my Neteller account still shows "pending."

After I heard about the arrest on the 16th, I withdrew all my available money. It still says "pending."

Awesome.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:24 PM

My opinion at this point... sit tight and let things shake out... If money is going to get stuck somewhere, better it be in your Neteller account or in your poker account, than "in transit" thru some unknown processing scheme!

Play with any money you have on the sites already... and let's see how things look next week...

The sky is not falling... but there is way too much money being moved around now, during a period of uncertainty...

Just my opinion... Sit back, relax, catch up on your 2+2 reading now that the server seems to be in better health...
Old 01-18-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, the 9th? I did a withdrawal on Jan 7th and had the money on Jan 9th.

I then made a deposit on Sunday, Jan 13th. The money left my bank account on Tuesday and my Neteller account still shows "pending."

After I heard about the arrest on the 16th, I withdrew all my available money. It still says "pending."

Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

the person I talked with this morning said on the 9th and 10th whatever agency(some govt thing) the money goes through glitched all eft's on those days and they had to start over. Not sure I buy it but like sniper syays just got to sit back and wait now.

[ QUOTE ]
If money is going to get stuck somewhere, better it be in your Neteller account or in your poker account, than "in transit" thru some unknown processing scheme!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats exactly where most peoples money is at this point, not in neteller and not in our bank/poker site. at least the ones we are talking about here.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My opinion at this point... sit tight and let things shake out... If money is going to get stuck somewhere, better it be in your Neteller account or in your poker account, than "in transit" thru some unknown processing scheme!

[/ QUOTE ]

for many people, myself included, this seems to be a little late. I can't begin to imagine how many people have already tried to pull everything out.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Additionally, based on my and other people's experiences it would seem to make sense to advise anyone who has a pending transaction to cancel it and leave the $/debit card it out instead.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:46 PM

Not to start a panic, but don't think your money is a 100% safe if it is sitting in neteller. Even though they have a good reputation, and is publicly traded, they still can declare bankruptcy. IF this happens, your money may or may not be tied up. Worse case, you will have to file a claim proving you had money there. In no way am I saying this will happen, but it is definitely a possibility.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to start a panic, but don't think your money is a 100% safe if it is sitting in neteller. Even though they have a good reputation, and is publicly traded, they still can declare bankruptcy. IF this happens, your money may or may not be tied up. Worse case, you will have to file a claim proving you had money there. In no way am I saying this will happen, but it is definitely a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funds are in segregated accounts... Neteller made alot of money last year... they aren't about to declare bankruptcy...
Old 01-18-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for many people, myself included, this seems to be a little late. I can't begin to imagine how many people have already tried to pull everything out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The corollary would be, if you have money "in transit"... relax and let things work thru the system. Follow up on whatever timeframes you were given by support, but they are overwhelmed, so don't pester them every day.
Closed Thread